What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Souths

RedVDave

First Grade
Unlucky about Clune he's getting better each week I am happy to see Sailor (of course I'm only assuming) get a shot.

Although I wouldn't be totally surprised to see:

6. Norman
7. Hunt
9. McInnes

ALSGI

Bench
Next 3 games.
Rabbits
Roosters
Parra
That's 4 losses in a row.
Ouch.
Really?

Wabbits game - Latrell will make a merkin of himself again this week after Rava splits him in half and will be sent off in the first 20 mins. Tariq might say hi to Latrell as well.

We win this game - next two games we loose v Roosters and Parra.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Unlucky about Clune he's getting better each week I am happy to see Sailor (of course I'm only assuming) get a shot.

Although I wouldn't be totally surprised to see:

6. Norman
7. Hunt
9. McInnes
Maryball.

getsmarty

Immortal
r12_preview_1_dragons-v-rabbitohs.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Dragons v Rabbitohs: Half switch on cards for Hunt; Mitchell back from ban
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 27 Jul 2020, 03:35 PM

St George Illawarra and South Sydney go into battle as top eight outsiders after round 11 defeats delivered significant setbacks to their 2020 finals hopes.

The hard-luck Dragons slipped four points behind eighth-placed Manly in 11th while South Sydney are two points in arrears in 10th so victory is vital if they want to keep their seasons alive.

Both sides engineered brave comebacks that fell just short and suffered injuries in the process so much will hinge on who recovers best from their gruelling Saturday defeats.

The Dragons are much improved in recent weeks but must reverse a poor record against South Sydney which has seen them lose four in a row and eight of their past 10 clashes.

The Rundown
Team news
Dragons: Trent Merrin and Adam Clune (head knocks) have been ruled out after failing the first step of their HIA protocols. The coaching staff will weigh up whether to move Ben Hunt from hooker back to his preferred position of halfback. Current lock Cam McInnes would then likely reclaim the No.9 jumper. Tristan Sailor is another halves option. Second-rower Tariq Sims will return from suspension.

Rabbitohs: Latrell Mitchell is set to return from suspension at fullback. The man who deputised for him over the past two rounds, Alex Johnston, must pass HIA protocols after being concussed against Canberra. If fit, Johnston would likely replace rookie Jaxson Paulo or Corey Allan on the wing.

Key match-up
Zac Lomax v Dane Gagai: The Dragons centre has played a key role in St George Illawarra's recent resurgence. In particular, his combination with fullback Matt Dufty has been deadly. Lomax's double against the Sharks gave him six tries in as many games and eight for 2020. Gagai has also got hot of late, the Rabbitohs veteran crossing against the Raiders to take his season tally to seven tries including a treble against Wests Tigers in round nine and a double against the Titans in round five.

Stat Attack
Damien Cook is best known for his devastating work with the ball in hand running out of dummy-half but he hasn't been shirking his responsibilities in defence this season. In fact he tops the NRL for tackles with 554 - 35 ahead of the more defensively minded Eel Reed Mahoney.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/27...t-role-hangs-on-clune-mitchell-back-from-ban/

Crush

Coach
Really?

Wabbits game - Latrell will make a merkin of himself again this week after Rava splits him in half and will be sent off in the first 20 mins. Tariq might say hi to Latrell as well.

We win this game - next two games we loose v Roosters and Parra.
I don't like our chances with Hunt back into the half-back position this round.
I was so disappointed we lost to the Sharks on the weekend, if we could have won that game I think we may have started to believe.
Now I fear the opposite will happen, we will roll on down to the bottom of the table and only be playing for pride.

lets try something a bit radical move norman to half and give him responsibility to run the team ( earn his pay check) bring sailor into 5/8 .. leaves hunt at hooker to get the forwards running And lets try the new kid Ellis to replace merrin

I like it but would use Big Eddie Blacker ahead of Ellis.
The guy is massive, good lateral movement and is a young George Burgess mould.
Give him some games now Mary before we loose him. We need a big, young prop coming through and he could just be our guy.

possm

Coach
Yes & Yes !! I would love Sailor to be given a couple of games in his place but i dont have the confidence that the club does things this way ( drops under performing high earners and gives youth a go )
Now that the Broncos don't have to pay Fifita 1m a year, we should offer up Norman as they are badly in need a a five-eighth. If the Broncos don't want him, I'm sure the Worriers are now on the hunt for a five-eighth. Whaterver or whoever it does not matter just off-load Norman asap.

possm

Coach
I like it but would use Big Eddie Blacker ahead of Ellis.
The guy is massive, good lateral movement and is a young George Burgess mould.
Give him some games now Mary before we loose him. We need a big, young prop coming through and he could just be our guy.
For me Merrin and Lawrie aren't cutting the mustard right now, so give both of these youngsters a go;
Vaughan / Ellis as run on props
Kerr / Blacker off the bench
That is a prop rotation with lots of size, speed and agility.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Now that the Broncos don't have to pay Fifita 1m a year, we should offer up Norman as they are badly in need a a five-eighth. If the Broncos don't want him, I'm sure the Worriers are now on the hunt for a five-eighth. Whaterver or whoever it does not matter just off-load Norman asap.

I like this idea, however, he's been there done that for them, they wouldn't look at him. If anyone they would take Sailor and that wouldn't surprise me.

Coreyzz

Juniors
Would like to see Blacker and Sailor get a run this week, especially Blacker. A good game for him to debut in as Souths have a few injured middle players and their pack is a bit undersized.

Im expecting Mary to name Korbin Sims though.

RedVDave

First Grade
We haven't beaten Souths since 2016 I'm not confident at all but I'll still be there to cheer the boys on!

Latest posts