What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Brian as in To'o? I wouldnt say he is struggling to kick on maybe just struggling to get the ball in good attacking positions but his early tackle count runs are great and he has finished the limited attacking chances he has been given, also his defence looks really good he has displayed his ability to read the game and jam in at the right times this season.
Oh his form has been fine. I just meant go to the next level. He hasnt seen attacking ball most of the season. Not his fault.

I just dont think he has improved on last season. He is about the same. With better opportunities he would go to another level IMO.

WestyLife

First Grade
All of the constant posting about him from certain posters on this site are starting to turn me off him to be honest.

My opinion on the matter is that y’all should give it a rest.

I said he shouldn't be picked Vs manly so I think I've at least been reasonable.

Exsilium

First Grade
All of the constant posting about him from certain posters on this site are starting to turn me off him to be honest.

We have a winning formula for now. A lot are losing sight of the fact we don't need to make changes yet and as a result, think we will lose everyone who isn't picked.

Squads win premierships. Injuries and form play a massive part in it. I highly doubt an unproven 20 year old is demanding selection or else hes out to the dog of all clubs. If he earns the right, he will be selected. Our squad will evolve as the year goes on and even into next year.

He's contracted, he's staying.

You’d let yourself be turned off someone because of other people’s opinions? That’s kinda odd. Judge him on his merits, forget what other people think.

soc123_au

Staff member
You’d let yourself be turned off someone because of other people’s opinions? That’s kinda odd. Judge him on his merits, forget what other people think.
He is just making the point that the carry on about Burton is getting tired. You would think he was Andrew Johns & JT combined. He will get his shot in good time. FTR I had him ahead of Luai as my choice to start the year at 6, but results show Ivan hasnt made a bad decision.

Hooked

Juniors
Boom Panther eyes monster $1.5m deal
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph

He’s been described by Penrith’s greatest player as an “exceptional and unique talent”, and now boom centre Stephen Crichton is poised to sign a rich long-term deal keeping him at the Panthers for the next four years.

Crichton is close to signing a $1.5 million, three-year extension which will have him remain a Panther until the end of 2024.

The looming deal with Crichton, who attracted interest from at least six NRL clubs, comes amid speculation the centre would be a target of the cashed-up Canterbury Bulldogs.

Crichton, 19, is already under contract until the end of next season with the club hoping a new deal could be secured and announced inside the next month.

“Stephen is an exceptional talent,” said Penrith’s finest player and current club deputy chairman Greg Alexander.

“He is a unique talent. He is a great athlete but he also has a good football brain. He is quick, got terrific hands and can jump.

“Stephen is an all-round footy player. We hope (the deal) can be done soon.”

Immortal Andrew Johns also had high praise for Crichton.

“What an athlete this young man is — a special talent,” Johns said on Nine on Sunday.Crichton’

Crichton’s re-signing was discussed at a Panthers’ recruitment and retention meeting last week.

Crichton has been credited with leading Penrith’s next wave of youngsters.

The Samoan-born Crichton, who played junior rugby league with the St Clair Comets, is free to field offers from November 1 this year but Penrith want him off the market by then.

He recently said contract negotiations would “take care of themselves.”

There had been suggestions Canterbury may pounce given Crichton’s brother, Christian, is a Bulldogs winger. Crichton debuted in round 21 last year against Cronulla.

Panthers teammate, Matt Burton, is another free to field offers from November 1 this year. Burton, who played off the bench against Gold Coast on Sunday, has also been linked to the Bulldogs.

Penrith coach Ivan Cleary selected four halves against Gold Coast — Burton, Tyrone May, Nathan Cleary and Jarome Luai.

Rival clubs have questioned whether the club can afford to retain all four in their salary cap although Penrith is confident they can retain Burton.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/3ad49d1d3ad263294d543a5560230776

Ha ha Burton played off the bench against the Gold Coast. More like played on the bench.

Jane Murray

Bench
He is just making the point that the carry on about Burton is getting tired. You would think he was Andrew Johns & JT combined. He will get his shot in good time. FTR I had him ahead of Luai as my choice to start the year at 6, but results show Ivan hasnt made a bad decision.
Again, I am entitled to my view. If people have issues with that, that is on them not me.

franklin2323

Immortal

I am in this boat. I also had Luai should he miss out playing as a centre that was before we lost NSW Cup.

Results are all that matter. Atm hard to argue it was the wrong call

I can understand how certain subjects become tiresome, but ultimately it’s a place for people to express their views. I’m usually pretty cautious about juniors, however Burton really does look like something special. I can understand why he gets a lot of talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts