What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can understand how certain subjects become tiresome, but ultimately it’s a place for people to express their views. I’m usually pretty cautious about juniors, however Burton really does look like something special. I can understand why he gets a lot of talk.

Usually not when a team is going so well though. I'd get it if we were sitting outside the 8 or lower but not when we are running 1st

soc123_au

Staff member
I can understand how certain subjects become tiresome, but ultimately it’s a place for people to express their views. I’m usually pretty cautious about juniors, however Burton really does look like something special. I can understand why he gets a lot of talk.

Absolutely people should express their views & opinions without fear of bullying, that what forums are for. Just dont post the same f**king thing over and over. At least add something new to the discussion with each post.

betcats

Referee
Burton will be getting discussed here by me until he gets another shot, if that bothers you to the point you’re turned off the kid maybe take a look in the mirror cause the problem isn’t with the kid or with the people talking about a panthers player on a panthers forum.

franklin2323

Immortal
Burton will be getting discussed here by me until he gets another shot, if that bothers you to the point you’re turned off the kid maybe take a look in the mirror cause the problem isn’t with the kid or with the people talking about a panthers player on a panthers forum.

So the fact we are winning is Secondary to a guy not getting a game? Not every thread has to be about why is he not in the side

Usually not when a team is going so well though. I'd get it if we were sitting outside the 8 or lower but not when we are running 1st

Fair point, but Panthers fans are used to many years of losing. Psychologically that’s going to play a part in how people react. If we become a consistently good team over many years, I think you’ll see people relax more.

franklin2323

Immortal
Fair point, but Panthers fans are used to many years of losing. Psychologically that’s going to play a part in how people react. If we become a consistently good team over many years, I think you’ll see people relax more.

I get that. And part of me is waiting for us to bomb out majorly as is the Panthers way but it seems very mellow in here for a side running 1st

Jane Murray

Bench
The post was a dig at me, betscats.

betcats

Referee
So the fact we are winning is Secondary to a guy not getting a game? Not every thread has to be about why is he not in the side

I didn’t say anything even remotely close to that. He was in the side this week as if he isn’t going to get discussed, that is silly. I don’t just come here and talk about Burton I spend more time discussing the team tbh but this kind of rubbish doesn’t dissuade me from talking about him.

soc123_au

Staff member
The post was a dig at me, betscats.

Mine was. lol. I know you are just passionate Jane, and thats a good thing, Just mix it up a bit ffs. @Blade23 has said Burton is in the clubs long term plans & his mail is generally on the mark so relax about losing him. I want to see him get more of a go too, but I get where Ivan is going with it. The Sharks game is the one he should have been on the bench as he would have gotten a decent run.

betcats

Referee
As is all the bullshit about a kid that’s played a handful of games.

Yeah well it’s not him on here talking bullshit. If you were off me or whoever is talking shit about him all the time that would make sense to me, but the end of the day he is still one of our players, how could you be off him cause some people want to see him get a run and are talking about it?

WestyLife

First Grade

For me our place makes it even better to test him against the lowest teams. If you're developing him and the club clearly are otherwise they wouldn't be trying to extend him a couple of games would be great with all the injuries. Then get the top 17 back for finals. Best of both worlds.

Of course I think that moment is gone with games against Manly and Raiders coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.