What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD12 Vs Sea Eagles

Panfa

Juniors
Capewell will be the last of the injured brigade back.Tetevano should be back this week,kikau whare edwards are a chance this week or next.Then theres t'oo api and capewell probably all 2-4 weeks away.

LukeLewis3

Juniors
I thought our pack didn't do well against the Titans. To be fair to them there was only 2 full time forwards on the bench. May lacks the size and strength for playing in the backrow for a long period of time.

I'd like to see ZT in for Burns. Burns had made some big errors in the past few games and he has been lucky not to lose the game for us. Leinu shouldn't be dropped because he has earned his position for now.

Is Staines still injured? I don't think we will see much of him for a while.

There hasn’t been a clear answer about Staines jaw, but given he hasn’t been mentioned in the clubs injury update i tend to think there isn’t an issue.

I think Staines quarantine ended today, so that allows him enough time to train with the team for this weekend. If he’s fit he should come right back in the team.

Kev07

Juniors
I thought our pack didn't do well against the Titans. To be fair to them there was only 2 full time forwards on the bench. May lacks the size and strength for playing in the backrow for a long period of time.

I'd like to see ZT in for Burns. Burns had made some big errors in the past few games and he has been lucky not to lose the game for us. Leinu shouldn't be dropped because he has earned his position for now.

If you're comparing him to who he replaced in Kikau then no one in the squad has that size and strength.
May was given the instructions to do the basics in this game to make his tackles,take some hit ups,decoy runs and pressure on kick chase.

We didn't see him get into being second receiver or sweeping around the back in attack. Coaches kept it simple for him in this game I believe. Did his job 33 tackles in 60 plus minutes with no handling errors.

Hopefully Kikau is back and May goes back to his previous role of coming off the bench and roaming in attack. The best attribute of May is not just his ball skills but the fact he plays heads up and has a licence to roam both sides of the field when he comes on and not restricted to stay on one side of the field as he did in this game.

betcats

Referee
There hasn’t been a clear answer about Staines jaw, but given he hasn’t been mentioned in the clubs injury update i tend to think there isn’t an issue.

I think Staines quarantine ended today, so that allows him enough time to train with the team for this weekend. If he’s fit he should come right back in the team.

I think we would've heard if his jaw was going to keep him out longer. They were trying to get him into the club to train but the NRL wouldnt allow it so that sounds like he is ok.

betcats

Referee
If you're comparing him to who he replaced in Kikau then no one in the squad has that size and strength.
May was given the instructions to do the basics in this game to make his tackles,take some hit ups,decoy runs and pressure on kick chase.

We didn't see him get into being second receiver or sweeping around the back in attack. Coaches kept it simple for him in this game I believe. Did his job 33 tackles in 60 plus minutes with no handling errors.

Hopefully Kikau is back and May goes back to his previous role of coming off the bench and roaming in attack. The best attribute of May is not just his ball skills but the fact he plays heads up and has a licence to roam both sides of the field when he comes on and not restricted to stay on one side of the field as he did in this game.

I like May in that roaming role also but if he can become effective on the edge it gives us a chance of keeping Leniu on the bench when Zane is back with Burns dropping off. No idea if they are thinking about that but it could work I think.

WestyLife

First Grade
For team list Tuesday a little prediction.

I think the named team will be:

1. Aekins
2. Mansour
3. Crichton
4. Naden
5. MWZ/Staines
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Kikau
12. Martin
13. Yeo
14. May
15. Leota
16. Tetevano
17. Burns

Wishlist team:

1. Staines
2. Mansour
3. Crichton
4. Naden
5. MWZ
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Kenny
10. Fish
11. Kikau
12. Martin
13. Yeo
14. May
15. Leota
16. Tetevano
17. Lenui

If Kikau isn't back obviously it's a little different. At this point I'd rather Lenui than Burns based on contributions so far. As much as I want Burton to get game time this isn't the game. Manly will be tough with a better roster than Titans with guys like DCE, Jake Trbojevic, Fanua Blake etc. And you have to be smart developing guys in a new spot. That's what the bottom 4 are for. Staines is less of a risk due to fullback being his natural position but he's faster and a better passing game than Aekins.

Kev07

Juniors
I like May in that roaming role also but if he can become effective on the edge it gives us a chance of keeping Leniu on the bench when Zane is back with Burns dropping off. No idea if they are thinking about that but it could work I think.
May's utility has been great in this team. Not only his ability to fill in on multiple positions but to also play on either side of the field.
I think he played some right centre last game and did well.
It's not an easy task for player's to switch to a non preferred side of the field on a pinch.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Manly Warringah Sea Eagles at Lottoland, home of the Gayamaygal and Garigal peoples, on Saturday.

Viliame Kikau returns to the starting side after overcoming a minor calf injury, pushing Tyrone May back to the bench.

Dylan Edwards remains sidelined with a hamstring injury but Api Koroisau (elbow), Zane Tetevano (back) and Charlie Staines (jaw) will have an opportunity to prove their fitness after being named on the extended bench.

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Indigenous Jersey - an artistic tribute to the people, geography, flora and fauna of the Darug Nation.

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Charlie STAINES - sponsored by Brightside Music

WestyLife

First Grade
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Manly Warringah Sea Eagles at Lottoland, home of the Gayamaygal and Garigal peoples, on Saturday.

Viliame Kikau returns to the starting side after overcoming a minor calf injury, pushing Tyrone May back to the bench.

Dylan Edwards remains sidelined with a hamstring injury but Api Koroisau (elbow), Zane Tetevano (back) and Charlie Staines (jaw) will have an opportunity to prove their fitness after being named on the extended bench.

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Indigenous Jersey - an artistic tribute to the people, geography, flora and fauna of the Darug Nation.

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Charlie STAINES - sponsored by Brightside Music

Expecting some musical chairs later in the week. Api would be a big in but hope he isn't rushed. Also hope Staines gets in.

Latest posts