What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we (realistically) make the 8 in 2020

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't think so, however, you be the judge with 9 games left.

My predictions are: (red = loss, orange = undecided, green = win)

Dragons = 8 points
Rabbits, Roosters, Eels, Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, Raiders, Knights, Storm. Final = 10 - 16 points
Rabbits = 10 points
Dragons, Broncos, Cowboys, Manly, Eels, Storm, Tigers, Dogs, Roosters.
Final = 16 - 20
Tigers = 10 points
Warriors, Knights, Dogs, Roosters, Panthers, Manly, Rabbits, Storm, Eels. Final = 14 - 20
Manly = 12 points
Panthers, Warriors, Knights, Rabbits, Storm, Tigers, Dogs, Titans, Warriors. Final = 20 - 26
Sharks = 12 points
Broncos, Eels, Titans, Panthers, Cowboys, Knights, Warriors, Roosters, Raiders. Final = 18 - 22
Knights = 13 points
Storm, Tigers, Manly, Cowboys, Warriors, Sharks, Roosters, Dragons, Titans. Final = 17 - 27

Teams above the Knights i think are safe.

possm

Coach
I don't think so, however, you be the judge with 9 games left.

My predictions are: (red = loss, orange = undecided, green = win)

Dragons = 8 points
Rabbits, Roosters, Eels, Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, Raiders, Knights, Storm. Final = 10 - 16 points
Rabbits = 10 points
Dragons, Broncos, Cowboys, Manly, Eels, Storm, Tigers, Dogs, Roosters.
Final = 16 - 20
Tigers = 10 points
Warriors, Knights, Dogs, Roosters, Panthers, Manly, Rabbits, Storm, Eels. Final = 14 - 20
Manly = 12 points
Panthers, Warriors, Knights, Rabbits, Storm, Tigers, Dogs, Titans, Warriors. Final = 20 - 26
Sharks = 12 points
Broncos, Eels, Titans, Panthers, Cowboys, Knights, Warriors, Roosters, Raiders. Final = 18 - 22
Knights = 13 points
Storm, Tigers, Manly, Cowboys, Warriors, Sharks, Roosters, Dragons, Titans. Final = 17 - 27

Teams above the Knights i think are safe.
We might just get there if we shook things up with our selections: Give the youngsters a go and put Dufty in at five-eighth, he will break things up for sure and create havoc with this speed and long passes to our outside backs.
Ramsey
Saab
Lomax
Williame
Ravalawa
Dufty
Clune
Ellis
Hunt
Vaughan
Frizell
T Sims
McInnes

Kerr
Blacker
Merrin
Ford

A big shake-up in the forwards and the backs. Let's see how our big props perform and how Dufty calves them up from 6.

Crush

Coach
Between the Sharks and the loss to Dogs, thats 4 points.
I think the 6 again bashing from the refs cost us vs the Sharks and to some extent the Roosters game.
Yes we should be able to defend better but seriously we had the Sharks on toast before the ref swung the momentum their way.
I reckon the 6 again has cost us 4 points.

Crush

Coach
We might just get there if we shook things up with our selections: Give the youngsters a go and put Dufty in at five-eighth, he will break things up for sure and create havoc with this speed and long passes to our outside backs.
Ramsey
Saab
Lomax
Williame
Ravalawa
Dufty
Clune
Ellis
Hunt
Vaughan
Frizell
T Sims
McInnes

Kerr
Blacker
Merrin
Ford

A big shake-up in the forwards and the backs. Let's see how our big props perform and how Dufty calves them up from 6.
Is Ramsey available?

possm

Coach
I think the 6 again bashing from the refs cost us vs the Sharks and to some extent the Roosters game.
Yes we should be able to defend better but seriously we had the Sharks on toast before the ref swung the momentum their way.
The refs need to be consistent and treat each team the same.
The Dragons need to show more discipline and not give the ref any reason to penalise them.

Old Timer

Coach
Ever the pessimist.

Yes, we have the playing squad to be a top 8 team.
Marvellous how you get realism confused with pessimism but that's not surprising given your well chronicled issues with comprehension.

By the way the question wasn't "do we have the playing squad to be a top 8 team" but you probably won't be able to comprehend that either.

No doubt there will be teams with rosters that might not be top 8 material that will in fact make the top 8 whilst teams like ourselves with top 8 rosters will yet again implode and fail to deliver.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Ramsey
Saab
Lomax
Williame
Ravalawa
Dufty
Clune
Ellis
Hunt
Vaughan
Frizell
T Sims
McInnes

Kerr
Blacker
Merrin
Ford

LOL, if Dufty was to play in the halves (front line of defense) you'd have edge back rowers and centres fighting with each other to get the ball just so they can run at him and get their line breaks and try count up. Silliest thing I've read for some time......and that's saying something around here!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Marvellous how you get realism confused with pessimism but that's not surprising given your well chronicled issues with comprehension.

By the way the question wasn't "do we have the playing squad to be a top 8 team" but you probably won't be able to comprehend that either.

No doubt there will be teams with rosters that might not be top 8 material that will in fact make the top 8 whilst teams like ourselves with top 8 rosters will yet again implode and fail to deliver.
See, there you go trying to turn a football discussion into a fight.

We have the squad to make the 8. We’ve shown we can turn it on when needs be..

I reckon we can make the 8.

And lol @ the “it’s not pessimism it’s realism” line..

Every pessimist says that..

Old Timer

Coach
See, there you go trying to turn a football discussion into a fight.

We have the squad to make the 8. We’ve shown we can turn it on when needs be..

I reckon we can make the 8.

And lol @ the “it’s not pessimism it’s realism” line..

Every pessimist says that..
You call me "always the pessimist" and then say I'm the one brewing for a fight lmfao

"We’ve shown we can turn it on when needs be.." this has to be the No 1 candidate ever for the stupidest quote of the year.
If your contention was in anyway true how come we aren't leading the comp ffs.

Perhaps "Mr oh so confident one" you might like a small wager on the outcome of whether we make the 8 or not ?

SAP58

Juniors
I tried to find out the 6 again count from the game on the weekend, not an easy stat to find Fox Sports give you every stat except that.