What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD12 Vs Sea Eagles

Hooked

Juniors
That game against the Titans highlighted how bad we need some speed in the backline. I am hoping Staines gets a start to help address that issue.

Depends on if he gets clearance for his jaw.
I think blade said 4-6 weeks. On Saturday it will be coming up to 3 weeks.

Pomoz

Bench
I thought our pack didn't do well against the Titans. To be fair to them there was only 2 full time forwards on the bench. May lacks the size and strength for playing in the backrow for a long period of time.

I'd like to see ZT in for Burns. Burns had made some big errors in the past few games and he has been lucky not to lose the game for us. Leinu shouldn't be dropped because he has earned his position for now.

Is Staines still injured? I don't think we will see much of him for a while.
The stats don't support that at all. Our starting forwards all managed 140m plus except for May. The Titan's forward's best effort was 92m for Jarrod Wallace. James Tamou run more metres than Wallace and Arrow combined. Three of the Titan's forwards made 40 plus tackles and Peats made 55 tackles. Our highest was Kenny with 46. The next best was 33 tackles.

Our forwards won the game for us. When JFH and Tamou were on the Titan's had no answers to our dominant field position.

The yak

Juniors
I think our pack is best in the league. If the intensity is there this week and we nullify DCE. I think we win.
We just need to show a bit more patience with the ball. We are leaving points out on the field.

LukeLewis3

Juniors
I think our pack is best in the league. If the intensity is there this week and we nullify DCE. I think we win.
We just need to show a bit more patience with the ball. We are leaving points out on the field.

Agreed our pack rolls through every team we come up against. I think last season it was the same story (but we've gotten better) and we take our chances more.

Blade23

Juniors
Depends on if he gets clearance for his jaw.
I think blade said 4-6 weeks. On Saturday it will be coming up to 3 weeks.

Scans showed it wasn't as bad as first thought. He will still have to pass a fitness test later in the week. 50:50 at best though.

Some may have observed Mansour took a nasty knock to his knee. He pulled up ok but will be monitored throughout the week. Unfortunately you are never the same after an ACL. Swelling and soreness are common side effects. Among others.

WestyLife

First Grade
Scans showed it wasn't as bad as first thought. He will still have to pass a fitness test later in the week. 50:50 at best though.

Some may have observed Mansour took a nasty knock to his knee. He pulled up ok but will be monitored throughout the week. Unfortunately you are never the same after an ACL. Swelling and soreness are common side effects. Among others.

Yeah knees are tricky. I've got permenant soreness in the left one after an injury.

With luck Staines will get a shot at Fullback though since it's his preferred position.

Fangs

Coach
Promising extended bench. If a couple more of those guys played I'd be very confident of a win on Saturday night. Still sticking with the Sea Eagles for now.

BxTom

Bench
Well now that Staines is over his nervous debut, I hope that this week he can actually contribute instead of only scoring four tries ;) That way we can rest one of the haves and give Burton a run. Not asking for much really, just say four tries - each half :)

Blade23

Juniors
Yeah knees are tricky. I've got permenant soreness in the left one after an injury.

With luck Staines will get a shot at Fullback though since it's his preferred position.

Wing for now. Ivan's usually pretty conservative. Edwards will be back soon. He will stick with Aekins at the back. He is safe and knows our plays. He also knows how to organize our defences at the back.
Staines has all that to learn.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Wing for now. Ivan's usually pretty conservative. Edwards will be back soon. He will stick with Aekins at the back. He is safe and knows our plays. He also knows how to organize our defences at the back.
Staines has all that to learn.

Good to know. Staines speed will be a huge asset.

How is api and Kiks travelling ?

mxlegend99

Referee
Well now that Staines is over his nervous debut, I hope that this week he can actually contribute instead of only scoring four tries ;) That way we can rest one of the haves and give Burton a run. Not asking for much really, just say four tries - each half :)
You're asking a bit much. 5 tries would be fine. It's only his second game and we should give him time to get there. I wouldn't be expecting 8 tries in a game until his 5th game.

Blade23

Juniors
Good to know. Staines speed will be a huge asset.

How is api and Kiks travelling ?

Kikau should be right to go. He could have played last week if we were desperate. I am glad he had a rest.
Api's a chance, but I would prefer if he missed another week.

murraymob

Coach
I think if it wasn’t manly we where playing API may take the week rest.But he is a competitor and would love giving it to manly

soc123_au

Staff member
This will be a really good test for our pack. Manly have the best pack we have faced for a while. Cant wait to see Fish rip in to AFB & Tapau.