What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Target

Juniors
Maybe we are better at managing the cap than we thought we were?

Fine balance of identifying talent and paying under the market for as long as you can until you have no further options but release or pay more and move someone else on.
Parra has done well signing up the spine and front row on competitive money and not paying overs especially with Penrith chucking some in for RCG.
Andrew Davies have done very well - he would be on minimum wage.
Tigers have done relatively well in securing Stefano to compliment Sean Blore they nicked from Penrith.

eel01s

Bench
We have a well balanced squad cap wise.

In a year or so Fergo will go or stay on reduced dollars like Jennings. A lot of players are locked in which means BA can continue to target good value pick ups from other clubs.

Gronk

Staff member
Fine balance of identifying talent and paying under the market for as long as you can until you have no further options but release or pay more and move someone else on.
Parra has done well signing up the spine and front row on competitive money and not paying overs especially with Penrith chucking some in for RCG.
Tigers have done relatively well in securing Stefano to compliment Sean Blore they nicked from Penrith.

Stefano does not look like a Madge type of player to me. Best of luck.

84 Baby

Referee
Bullseye!

hindy111

Post Whore
They’re current year contract values. Menko is in his final year of contract. I reckon the $500k is near abouts but the contract he just signed is probably trending downwards. He may even just switch places somewhat with Mahoney.
I also think the Sivo figure listed this year is an anomaly based on bonuses and the such from last year so the $550k is our cap hit but he’s probably somewhere around the league average

No last season was MJ last. We gave him another season for 2020.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We read how he was holding out for a second year which we finally agreed to albiet with an option in his favour.
When you consider a player option to be something that benefits the player, you would have to say it is worth money, and therefore keeps the price down (per year at least) compared to a contract with no option, or even a club option.

Gazzamatta

Coach
When you consider a player option to be something that benefits the player, you would have to say it is worth money, and therefore keeps the price down (per year at least) compared to a contract with no option, or even a club option.
Or it could mean that if his form warrants, his agreeing to stay may initiate an increase for 2021 from what was originally offered with a roll over of similar cash into 2022. Pretty smart move by him that being the case.

strider

Post Whore
I was pretty impressed with that Sean Blore merkin .... on debut .... I reckon he is a goer

Eelogical

Referee
We have a well balanced squad cap wise.

In a year or so Fergo will go or stay on reduced dollars like Jennings. A lot of players are locked in which means BA can continue to target good value pick ups from other clubs.
Fergo would be a steal. I mean, who'd pay good money for a winger that hasn't scored a try this year?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was pretty impressed with that Sean Blore merkin .... on debut .... I reckon he is a goer
Loved his lack of fear and pure enjoyment of the contest. I reckon BA and Marky O would have jotted him down in their little black book. Hetherington is another who looks a BA type of player.

Loved his lack of fear and pure enjoyment of the contest. I reckon BA and Marky O would have jotted him down in their little black book. Hetherington is another who looks a BA type of player.

Anthony field tried to lure Blore to Parramatta 2 years ago.

Anthony field tried luring Blore to Parramatta 2 years ago but was unsuccessful.
Blore was the best forward running around in NSW for his age.
Just as was fafita the best in Qld.
Blore was traditionally a back rower and can play lock.
Can hit like a steam train.

Gronk

Staff member
Anthony field tried to lure Blore to Parramatta 2 years ago.

Anthony field tried luring Blore to Parramatta 2 years ago but was unsuccessful.
Blore was the best forward running around in NSW for his age.
Just as was fafita the best in Qld.
Blore was traditionally a back rower and can play lock.
Can hit like a steam train.
Penrith crazy for letting him go.

Latest posts