What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett - Attacking Coach.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I know it was a phrase that Roach got rapped over the knuckles for using.

It was deemed to be disrespectful to islander players.

murraymob

Coach
Not sure what coon cheese has to do with Barret.but considering he has signed no one and is in on the verge of losing another back rower.
Maybe Edward coon he may get signed

soc123_au

Staff member
Such a great show. A shame they didnt make more of them. Although maybe they nailed it with the small number. It never gets old.

murraymob

Coach
Barrett is in for some fun.Not only does he have a board fighting.But the new major sponsor in a interview just said he will be hands on and directly involved once the bubble is over.He expects results starting straight away next year
Good luck Trent you will need it

The Realist

Juniors
Barrett is in for some fun.Not only does he have a board fighting.But the new major sponsor in a interview just said he will be hands on and directly involved once the bubble is over.He expects results starting straight away next year
Good luck Trent you will need it

A poisoned Chalice if ever there was one. He has gone in eyes open though, so he is definitely either insanely courageous and confident, or very foolhardy.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
A poisoned Chalice if ever there was one. He has gone in eyes open though, so he is definitely either insanely courageous and confident, or very foolhardy.

I guess at the end of the day, head coach opportunities are rare and sometimes you just have to take the gamble.

It didn’t pay off for Garth Brennan. Poor old Toovey applies for every job out there and have been overlooked for all of them since he was let go by Manly.

If nothing else if it does go pear shaped I guess he can console himself on the $800K a season he will earn over the course of his 3 year deal. More money in three years that any of the rest of us earn in a life time.

The_Frog

First Grade
It didn’t pay off for Garth Brennan. Poor old Toovey applies for every job out there and have been overlooked for all of them since he was let go by Manly.
I doubt his famous line "There has to be an investigation into this" helps his cause.

Kilkenny

Coach
I doubt his famous line "There has to be an investigation into this" helps his cause.

I feel somewhat for Toovey. His record with his one club as head coach was pretty decent. I really think he could be a good option for a lesser club trying to improve themselves, don’t think is gonna happen for him sadly and his time has passed. Shame really.

Original Name

Juniors
Tim Sheens is a head coach of some second tier team in England trying to get relegated into Super League. Might not be a bad option for an attacking coach to replace Barrett. Would certainly improve the skill level of our players in general. Dunno if he's the coach for Nathan, but maybe he can adapt to suit Nath' more structured style.

Kilkenny

Coach
Tim Sheens is a head coach of some second tier team in England trying to get relegated into Super League. Might not be a bad option for an attacking coach to replace Barrett. Would certainly improve the skill level of our players in general. Dunno if he's the coach for Nathan, but maybe he can adapt to suit Nath' more structured style.
My mum would love to see Tim back at the club in some capacity albeit it won’t happen. She was best friends with Tim’s mum Nell so they go back a long way.

maple_69

Bench
From memory the game very much seemed to have passed him by at the end of his tenure at the Tigers. The game has changed a lot and with this administration will probably change some more so someone who is quick to adapt is going to be key. Throw Smith a huge offer...

Latest posts