What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Don’t know if anyone noticed but when Walters and Benji were separated it all turned to shite against the eels, unlike the previous week..I don’t think we missed AD at fullback ...The problem was it was the usual one pronged Benji attack without Walters.
There’s going to be big bodies coming at AD today and no place for pretend tackles or being out of position.. Hopefully he gets a concussion holiday with the new kid tried at fullback although such a big change prob be a bit much for Madge? Brookes to the “offers nothing“ pile replaced by Josh R on the bench..That way Walters stays at 6
Im looking for the 3 20 year olds to start: Bloore Talau and Asu and to have an impact
We don’t want to give the warriors any confidence
Walters got absolutely no ball. I don't know whether it was a strategy to separate them but I am personally of the view that Walters needs to be given more ball.

The Broncos game was enough to demonstrate that Walters can contribute at the NRL level.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Mbye is terrible under the high ball, has poor positional play and non existent defence at fullback, I can not see how he could of improved in that position since last season, calling for him to be fullback is like wanting JT back as coach, a disaster!
Here here. Mbye has no idea under the highball. Was back there for the second half last week and dropped another.

WA Tiger

Bench
Walters got absolutely no ball. I don't know whether it was a strategy to separate them but I am personally of the view that Walters needs to be given more ball.

The Broncos game was enough to demonstrate that Walters can contribute at the NRL level.
Madge doesn’t see the importance of keeping Walters at 6 and Benji at 7 ..Maybe he thinks Brookes and Benji are just as good at 7 and 6 ?? despite all the evidence to the contrary...Instead he’s dropped Brookes then brought him back onto the bench so if there is any injury the only option is Brookes back at 7 Benji to 6 and Walters can fill the gap wherever it is .. why Madge is fking with the spine like that? ..and we could be lumbered with the “nothing to offer” Brookes from the 5th minute of the game..

Last edited:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Madge doesn’t see the importance of keeping Walters at 6 and Benji at 7 ..Maybe he thinks Brookes and Benji are just as good at 7 and 6 ?? despite all the evidence to the contrary...Instead he’s dropped Brookes then brought him back onto the bench so if there is any injury the only option is Brookes back at 7 Benji to 6 and Walters can fill the gap wherever it is .. why Madge is fking with the spine like that? ..and we could be lumbered with the “nothing to offer” Brookes from the 5th minute of the game..

Brooks

Perth Tiger

Bench
Never thought I’d say this but it’s a shame Eisenhuth is still out, he’s been real good since he came into the side. Still it’s stronger then last week so should get the job done

I think he has been starting to tail off a bit the last couple of games and getting dominated more regularly.

He always seems to do that, comes back into the team and has some really good games and using his size for dominance in both attack and defence but then 4 or 5 games in he starts to lose that edge and then starts coming up with miss tackles or getting driving back when running the ball. Don't know if it is a fitness or mental thing but he seems to struggle with long spells in the top grade.

But that also makes him ideal as a squad player so really hope we extend him, so long as it is not for starting money.

Pezz70

Juniors
I don’t see too much difference between Walters and Brooks in the halves to be honest. Walters had a good game against the Broncos but let’s face it, the Broncos are playing like they belong in Canterbury Cup. In that Broncos game Walters didn’t really create a lot, what he did do, was play a bit like a fullback, he trailed the ball carrier and put himself in the play, he looked like he wanted the ball. I’d be almost inclined to give him a run at the back and have him trail the forwards up through the centre and edges. I think it would be a very rewarding strategy against the warriors.

Pezz70

Juniors
I like our pack atm, they’re workers and they are reasonably mobile. Our 1-7 are just ordinary, Talau and Nofo are doing ok, and Benji although good with ball in hand, and those bombs are awesome is just a massive liability defensively

League WTF

Juniors
Here here. Mbye has no idea under the highball. Was back there for the second half last week and dropped another.

I’d still choose Mbye over AD. I watched that second half again and Mbye was supporting in almost every play, something I haven’t seen from AD. Our attack looks so much better.

Plus, I’m almost certain Mbye wouldn’t have missed that 1 on 1 tackle against a front rower. Not by that much anyway...

If we keep AD back there. Other teams will start targeting him like crazy.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just on the game, what is the opinion of taking the kick at goal (which we got) instead of attacking for a try? We appeared to have them on the ropes at the time.

I thought at the time it was a keep attacking moment. But wasn't too unhappy with the 2 pts. Turned out to be not so good though.

OOPs, wrong thread should of been the Eels game.

Last edited:

Yes Mario, he got no ball and he needs more ball but where I'm confused is around Brooks/Reynolds/Walters/Marshall and Mybe.

Madge drops Marshall
Madge thought that it should be Brooks/Reynolds. But retained Mybe.

Souths game:
Reynolds did not do much in the Souths game except get a 2 week break,
Result: Brooks dropped to bench so in came Walters. But retained Mybe.

Broncos game:
Walters had a very good game against the Donkeys (perhaps that wasn't a good indication for Madge).
Result: Brooks played from the bench, Walters moved to 9 when Grant given an early break. But retained Mybe.

Eels game:
Walters did not do much against the Eels, Brooks was still on the bench, Mybe still in the team.
Result: (for me) Mybe was better at fullback when AD went off, it was the only result (positive).

This week, Walters retains his spot (fair enough), Reynolds is back from his break but doesn't make the 17 so did Madge 'drop' Reynolds? You'd assume so. (Walters can cover for the 9 just like Reynolds but younger, faster is the way to go)
Brooks retains his spot but why?

Mybe still retains his spot. The only reason I can see that Mybe is retained is for his goal attempts, even next week Lawrence could move to his centre spot and hold his own but there's no kicker.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yes Mario, he got no ball and he needs more ball but where I'm confused is around Brooks/Reynolds/Walters/Marshall and Mybe.

Madge drops Marshall
Madge thought that it should be Brooks/Reynolds. But retained Mybe.

Souths game:
Reynolds did not do much in the Souths game except get a 2 week break,
Result: Brooks dropped to bench so in came Walters. But retained Mybe.

Broncos game:
Walters had a very good game against the Donkeys (perhaps that wasn't a good indication for Madge).
Result: Brooks played from the bench, Walters moved to 9 when Grant given an early break. But retained Mybe.

Eels game:
Walters did not do much against the Eels, Brooks was still on the bench, Mybe still in the team.
Result: (for me) Mybe was better at fullback when AD went off, it was the only result (positive).

This week, Walters retains his spot (fair enough), Reynolds is back from his break but doesn't make the 17 so did Madge 'drop' Reynolds? You'd assume so. (Walters can cover for the 9 just like Reynolds but younger, faster is the way to go)
Brooks retains his spot but why?

Mybe still retains his spot. The only reason I can see that Mybe is retained is for his goal attempts, even next week Lawrence could move to his centre spot and hold his own but there's no kicker.
Benji can kick, don’t think he is any worse then Mbye.
Agree re Brooks, can’t see how it helps Walters game, knowing he can be hooked at any time.
Someone said (T05,I think) that Lawrence and BJ would be an interesting centre pairing, it would be worth a look.
I like the idea of Mbye being on the bench as basically a cover for all backs & hooker.
Though unless AD improves his FB game then maybe he needs to go 6 and maybe try Walters at 1, not sure how that would work, but somethings needs to happen with him in another position if he can’t improve his game.
Still keen to see the new signing show his stuff as well.

I don’t mind the idea of swapping AD and Billy about ,AD seems slow at the back although he is pretty safe under the high ball,I not sure whether Billy is any good under the high ball but at least he would be quicker and provide more support play than AD.

Tigerm

First Grade
Unbelievable, and hour before kick-off and the WT vs Warriors doesn't rate a mention on Fox sport.
To be fair, Bronc's & Sharks don't get anything either.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Chris Lawrence
4 Moses Mbye
5 Tommy Talau
6 Billy Walters
7 Benji Marshall
8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Oliver Clark
11 Luke Garner
12 Luciano Leilua
13 Alex Twal

14 Sam McIntyre
15 Thomas Mikaele
16 Luke Brooks
17 Shawn Blore

Tigerm

First Grade
1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Chris Lawrence
4 Moses Mbye
5 Tommy Talau
6 Billy Walters
7 Benji Marshall
8 Josh Aloiai
9 Harry Grant
10 Oliver Clark
11 Luke Garner
12 Luciano Leilua
13 Alex Twal

14 Sam McIntyre
15 Thomas Mikaele
16 Luke Brooks
17 Shawn Blore
Still persisting with Brooks, I don’t understand the thinking. Otherwise not a bad team.