What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

The Marshall

Juniors
That’s some nice integration of the sponsor on the Dogs jersey. It’s pretty impressive getting a major sponsor when you take everything into account.

Dawesy76

Juniors
On the classics issue, for their quality, their AFL stuff seems quite good, for the lions anyway. I agree with the comment about that their NRL stuff looks, and feels, very best and less. So maybe if their quality reaches AFL level Souths will be ok.

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
On the classics issue, for their quality, their AFL stuff seems quite good, for the lions anyway. I agree with the comment about that their NRL stuff looks, and feels, very best and less. So maybe if their quality reaches AFL level Souths will be ok.

I haven't seen any Brisbane Lions gear in person but the feeling I get is that Lions fans are very underwhelmed by Classic's on-field gear. From the photos I've seen the jumpers look very rough. Their rugby league gear looks to be better but the collar is just awful.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Why put Oak on Penrith when you could put down the lactilis group

Why put steggles when you could put Baidia

Why put Kia when you could put hyuandai motor group

Anyway Arthur is a billionaire.. who cares

Dawesy76

Juniors
Why put Oak on Penrith when you could put down the lactilis group

Why put steggles when you could put Baidia

Why put Kia when you could put hyuandai motor group

Anyway Arthur is a billionaire.. who cares
360 tonight implied he wants to be more than just a sponsor of the club, if that is true then the ‘parent company’ name makes a bit more sense.

Saint Doc

Coach
Well I'd never heard of it, so googled it, and the website lead me to a page with a list of all their venues

So they are getting some exposure

Fine, but how many people do that?

The idea of brand recognition is that when you’re in the freezer section and picking between Inghams and Steggles, something subconsciously makes you think...hmmm steggles.

I highly doubt after 10 schooners at Coogee Bay, a group of mates are gonna say- shall we kick on to the Palace? Or shall we google a Laundy Group Hotel?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
perhaps, but it looks far better than the blank front of the bulldogs jersey we’ve seen all season.

Blankness like that sticks out like dogs balls these days.. That - and anywhere an NIB sponsorship block appears. Both are horrible.
That’s true, no front sponsor is definitely worse. The NIB reminds me of the Broncos with Wow Sight and Sound, that was so bad.

I find any sponsor logo inside a giant white box to be far worse than a coloured NIB or Neds logo. It just comes across as being incredibly lazy - something slapped on as an afterthought.

I understand your view. While I hate any box sponsor, in “defence” of a white one is that white is a neutral colour and won’t clash with anything. NIB green clashes horrifically with the blues of the Knights and NSW jerseys. Granted, they would pumped great sponsorship dollars into the game but geez, I can’t think of a bigger eyesore on a jersey in the modern era.

NIB is the gold medal “yuck sponsor”.

A list of Yuck sponsors... those whose branding looks awful on the jersey canvas - thus ruining the jersey - are..

Raiders - Dare Iced Coffee (brown on green)
Dragons - Modus (Blue on a dragons jersey is just wrong)
Sea Eagles - URM (odd blue and black blocks)
Sharks - TFH (yellow block sleeve, doesn’t work on many jerseys)
Knights - NIB and McDonnell Jones (so many colours and shapes, the whole thing looks like an Andy Warhol experiment)
Broncos - Ladbrokes and National Storage (Bad bumper stickers)
Titans - NEDS (orange block) Orange does integrate ok with the Blues of the Titans but the block is just rude..

NSW Blues - NIB again (anything green on the NSW jersey is horrific..)

Chook Norris

First Grade
Fine, but how many people do that?

The idea of brand recognition is that when you’re in the freezer section and picking between Inghams and Steggles, something subconsciously makes you think...hmmm steggles.

I highly doubt after 10 schooners at Coogee Bay, a group of mates are gonna say- shall we kick on to the Palace? Or shall we google a Laundy Group Hotel?

This is pretty hard to counter.

One would assume its the start of some major strategic push. Perhaps we could be seeing the name 'Laundy Hotels' being used more in general in conjunction with their pubs, hotels etc

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench

One would assume its the start of some major strategic push. Perhaps we could be seeing the name 'Laundy Hotels' being used more in general in conjunction with their pubs, hotels etc
Sponsorships aren't always to appeal to the masses, for example, it could be used to raise awareness of the brand within the industries or with investors that they company may be looking for. Then again maybe they are just supporters of the club and looking to help out.

From my time in the liquor industry, Laundy Hotels did have that logo somewhere on the outside. Not sure if they still do.

There is a remote possibility that they could end up doing the advertising that I remember from soccer in the past, where one of the Spanish (?) clubs was sponsored by one of the movie producers and they changed their branding each time a new movie was released. Laundy could do:

- Canterbury home games: Crossways Hotel
- Playing in Wollongong: Albion Park Hotel
- Playing in the CBD: Bell's Hotel/Wooloomooloo Hotel
- Playing in Parramatta/Campbelltown: Golden Fleece Hotel
- Playing in Penrith: Plumpton Hotel/Heritange Hotel
- Playing in Leichhardt: Red Lion Hotel
- Playing in Newcastle/Gosford: Chittaway Bay Tavern

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
From my time in the liquor industry, Laundy Hotels did have that logo somewhere on the outside. Not sure if they still do.

There is a remote possibility that they could end up doing the advertising that I remember from soccer in the past, where one of the Spanish (?) clubs was sponsored by one of the movie producers and they changed their branding each time a new movie was released. Laundy could do:

- Canterbury home games: Crossways Hotel
- Playing in Wollongong: Albion Park Hotel
- Playing in the CBD: Bell's Hotel/Wooloomooloo Hotel
- Playing in Parramatta/Campbelltown: Golden Fleece Hotel
- Playing in Penrith: Plumpton Hotel/Heritange Hotel
- Playing in Leichhardt: Red Lion Hotel
- Playing in Newcastle/Gosford: Chittaway Bay Tavern
How would that work with retail jerseys though? I don't think the manufacturers would want so many different templates

Latest posts