What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

So if it was a choice between Eels, Storm, Panthers and Tigers why the hell did he choose The Tigers?

At the time it was Melbourne , raiders, Parramatta, bit he chose to stay with the panthers mate.
More to do with family and his brother.
Parramatta chased him when they.knew they were loosing Mathew doorey.
How the tigers come about IV no.clue.
All I know is he was still contracted to Penrith as a development player and for what ever reason the panthers released him early to take up a top 30 spot with the tigers.

Gazzamatta

Coach
At the time it was Melbourne , raiders, Parramatta, bit he chose to stay with the panthers mate.
All I know is he was still contracted to Penrith as a development player and for what ever reason the panthers released him early to take up a top 30 spot with the tigers.
Cheers RLF. Well done them.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Pretty happy for the Tigers really. I've always had a soft spot for them until the last 2 years where their club and fans have tried so hard to manufacture a hateful rivalry. It's beneath them. The players seem to have some genuine friendships and respect within the 2 teams. Except for Packer. He's a merkin of the first class.

hindy111

Post Whore
So your saying Penrith have plenty of depth in back rowers and middles so why developed Blore.? Cause they are well covered. ?

So why wouldn't we develop Schneider ?
It's not like we have any depth at all at hooker apart from Mahoney.

So what your saying doesn't make any sense.
I'd understand your argument if we had depth at hooker but we don't .

I'm saying right now would you want another brilliant half coming through ranks? You'd be developing them for another club.
Schneider is a bit different I guess as he is still not looking at NRL till 2021 and would be a first pick option till 2022 so if he is good enough we may chose him over extending Rheed.

But with our current squad having a centre and wing or 2md rower come through would be most beneficial to our side.

emjaycee

Coach
I'm saying right now would you want another brilliant half coming through ranks? You'd be developing them for another club.
Schneider is a bit different I guess as he is still not looking at NRL till 2021 and would be a first pick option till 2022 so if he is good enough we may chose him over extending Rheed.

But with our current squad having a centre and wing or 2md rower come through would be most beneficial to our side.
If Rheed grabs a SoO spot for QLD at the end of this year, and then holds onto it in 2021, do you see Schnieder being preferred over him for 2022?

T.S Quint

Coach
If Rheed grabs a SoO spot for QLD at the end of this year, and then holds onto it in 2021, do you see Schnieder being preferred over him for 2022?

If he’s playing Origin then that means he will be high priced and will get big offers from other clubs. Schneider will be cheaper, meaning we have a better chance of hanging onto Dylan Brown and Mitch Moses.

TheRam

Coach
No doubt they have plenty of $Bronco$ dollars in a drawer somewhere.

Why would he want to go to a team that has no experienced no quality fullback, five eight or halfback and toil away his last 1 or 2 seasons for when he can stay in Melbourne and be a contender for a title like as in every year since he started?

Sure money talks, but surely at his level and stage in life where he is already a multi millionaire and set no matter what he does, that couldn't be the motivating factor?

Unless the only reason I could ever see him going there is that he may want to go back to QLD when he retires due to family all still being up there. So it would give him the opportunity to do a Cronk and become a part of the Broncos club and culture and therefore when he eventually retires he has a club that he has represented that he can work with in an after football capacity.

It gives him Broncos legitimacy so to speak, which is so important for those banana benders to accept him as one of their own.

TheRam

Coach
Cameron Smith, Brandon Smith and Harry Grant all want to play 9 and they all want to start. Cameron Smith might agree to play 7 but that leaves Jerome Hughes out (who has been playing very well) and there is still the issue of Brandon Smith / Harry Grant and who plays the majority of the game at 9.

I can see Brandon Smith at the Dogs next year or the next.

Latest posts