What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Souths

Old Timer

Coach
Bennett at his best is a master at getting his team to be peaking at the right end of the season.

He has proven over many years at being able to get to a point in the season where everything starts to come together and his teams performances steadily improve.

Of course career coach has proven the exact opposite.

To date Souths have been less than perfect with lots of clunky stuff but I expect tonight that Cook & Mitchell will click into a higher gear and start the push for improvement in what has been to date Souths fairly limp attack.

Any marked improvement by those 2 players (of course Gagai loves a night out against us as well) will cause us massive issues and I expect Souths to be a bit too strong for us on the back of that.

Big test tonight for Hunt who will be targeted as he defends in the middle.

Our Achilles heel is 6 agains late in the count and if Cook gets any of those it will be very ugly.

WepnutV

Juniors
Maybe mathematically this week is but with the draw we have remaining both the Sharks and Rabbits are two of the only winnable we had remaining. We play the Rorters, Eels & Melbourne yet plus Canberra so to name a few so for me unless we go on a run against the odds I believe we needed that Sharks win.

Are you saying broncos,titans and cowboys are not winnable games? We got knights that's winnable, Canberra have struggled, and we nearly beat the chooks.. If we Beat the bunnies tonight we will then need to win 4 out of the last 7 games to make the eight and three of them games are teams below us on the ladder.. No need for a run against the odds and iv made enough points for you to now believe tonight is the game we must win

Dragon David

First Grade
Bennett at his best is a master at getting his team to be peaking at the right end of the season.

He has proven over many years at being able to get to a point in the season where everything starts to come together and his teams performances steadily improve.

Of course career coach has proven the exact opposite.

To date Souths have been less than perfect with lots of clunky stuff but I expect tonight that Cook & Mitchell will click into a higher gear and start the push for improvement in what has been to date Souths fairly limp attack.

Any marked improvement by those 2 players (of course Gagai loves a night out against us as well) will cause us massive issues and I expect Souths to be a bit too strong for us on the back of that.

Big test tonight for Hunt who will be targeted as he defends in the middle.

Our Achilles heel is 6 agains late in the count and if Cook gets any of those it will be very ugly.
This game tonight will springboard the Bunnies to greater heights as they love playing against us. Overall, their backs will be just too strong let alone the forwards. Agreed that our guys should limit the 6 agains to have any remote chance of winning.

Gareth67

First Grade
The best of luck boys , hopefully with Kerrs resigning he may still have the adrenaline pumping and with he and Vaughan leading the way really put to the bunnies pack .

Dragons by 8 :innocent:

slippery5

Juniors
Jesus, all the hype from some here on Ramsey and most would have only seen him in for 5 mins at the nines on TV. Blacker got a go in the preseason and was way way out of depth. By all means we should consider giving them a go but it is in no way a conspiracy that they haven't been selected thus far.
My mates son is affiliated with an NRL club & has seen a fair bit of Blacker through the rep ages. Let's just say he doesn't have much of an opinion on him.

ALSGI

Bench
Talking to some Souffs mates today - they have no confidence at all and expect a loss which I thought was interesting even with Latrell coming back. They talked about Lomax and Dufty and our Big wingers (they didn’t know their names).

FMD. Really?

Are we underestimating our squad or were they taking the piss?

hazzbeen

Bench
This game tonight will springboard the Bunnies to greater heights as they love playing against us. Overall, their backs will be just too strong let alone the forwards. Agreed that our guys should limit the 6 agains to have any remote chance of winning.
Yep that 6 again , Cook has been down on form this is a game that he hits form ....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Are you saying broncos,titans and cowboys are not winnable games? We got knights that's winnable, Canberra have struggled, and we nearly beat the chooks.. If we Beat the bunnies tonight we will then need to win 4 out of the last 7 games to make the eight and three of them games are teams below us on the ladder.. No need for a run against the odds and iv made enough points for you to now believe tonight is the game we must win
I don’t think that guarantees us a spot at all, I believe we should beat Titans and Broncs but with us who knows. Any game is winnable but being realistic we will not be favourites against anyone bar the two mentioned teams. As I said mathematically possible but the Sharks was a game we should have won. 3-4 wins for the rest of the season probably has us relying on other results to be fair. If we can upset one of Melbourne, Rorters and Eels and win the rest that will probably get us home but no one would say that’s likely. Hope I’m wrong because I reckon prior to Clunes injury we were building nicely and could upset a few teams come finals time.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Talking to some Souffs mates today - they have no confidence at all and expect a loss which I thought was interesting even with Latrell coming back. They talked about Lomax and Dufty and our Big wingers (they didn’t know their names).

FMD. Really?

Taking the piss I reckon with a one legged Rava and JP.

Crush

Coach

FMD. Really?

I love to hear this.
I'm hopeful that we play our best game tonight and get a win.
I've bagged Ben Hunt all week on the forum so I expect him to have an absolute blinder in the 7 jersey, the reverse mock never fails.
Cmon Saints!
Let's go.

Walpole

Juniors

FMD. Really?

This forum is way too harsh on Dufty and Lomax. They've been pretty much our two best players in recent weeks.

And if you play Supercoach, they're gold.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This forum is way too harsh on Dufty and Lomax. They've been pretty much our two best players in recent weeks.

And if you play Supercoach, they're gold.
Anyone who has bagged either recently probably has no idea. Lomax hasn’t had a bad game all year and is probably one of the form centres of the comp. Dufty has a few bad moments but has been our main attacking weapon and without him we would probably be spooners.

Latest posts