What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Storm to win the comp. Cam to retire as a winner. Cam moves into an assistants role next year to transition into Head Coach when Bellyache finishes.
Harry Grant to start. Block of cheese on the bench.
Sorted.

Cam Smith won't be an NRL head coach ever. He has already stated that publicly, unless he changes his mind. Why would he? He will be the next Cronk. A little side coaching and a TV career. These star players today don't need to put themselves through hell to stay involved in the game or make a decent quid after footy anymore with the corporate and TV deals on offer.

Unless they have a burning desire, which by everything he has said so far he doesn't. So a little footy tuition and giggles on the side, a little TV and giggles on the side, a little golf and giggles on the side and a few barbies with family and friends and giggles on the side. Life's a beach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why would he want to go to a team that has no experienced no quality fullback, five eight or halfback and toil away his last 1 or 2 seasons for when he can stay in Melbourne and be a contender for a title like as in every year since he started?

Sure money talks, but surely at his level and stage in life where he is already a multi millionaire and set no matter what he does, that couldn't be the motivating factor?

Unless the only reason I could ever see him going there is that he may want to go back to QLD when he retires due to family all still being up there. So it would give him the opportunity to do a Cronk and become a part of the Broncos club and culture and therefore when he eventually retires he has a club that he has represented that he can work with in an after football capacity.

It gives him Broncos legitimacy so to speak, which is so important for those banana benders to accept him as one of their own.
Bellamy might also consider himself to be another 10 or 20 years away from retirement. There's no guarantee he will step down for Cam Smith. Maybe the Broncos job is being lined up for #Cam365

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cam Smith won't be an NRL head coach ever. He has already stated that publicly, unless he changes his mind. Why would he? He will be the next Cronk. A little side coaching and a TV career. These star players today don't need to put themselves through hell to stay involved in the game or make a decent quid after footy anymore with the corporate and TV deals on offer.

Unless they have a burning desire, which by everything he has said so far he doesn't. So a little footy tuition and giggles on the side, a little TV and giggles on the side, a little golf and giggles on the side and a few barbies with family and friends and giggles on the side. Life's a beach.
Some idiots are only motivated by achieving goals, rather than seeing themselves up for comfort.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I heard Cam say in an interview that as far as he is concerned, he is a Victorian, his kids were born and raised there and all their friends are there and he did not want to move and disrupt their lives.

Guessing he will be a bits a pieces coach/TV media/commentator type of role after he retires.

TheRam

Coach
I'm saying right now would you want another brilliant half coming through ranks? You'd be developing them for another club.
Schneider is a bit different I guess as he is still not looking at NRL till 2021 and would be a first pick option till 2022 so if he is good enough we may chose him over extending Rheed.

But with our current squad having a centre and wing or 2md rower come through would be most beneficial to our side.

Centre, wing, frontrow and then backrow in that order of priority I say. We are so light of outside backs it isn't funny. What is going on with our development and recruitment ffs.

TheRam

Coach
Bellamy might also consider himself to be another 10 or 20 years away from retirement. There's no guarantee he will step down for Cam Smith. Maybe the Broncos job is being lined up for #Cam365

You're dreaming. I expect Bellamy, to retire once C. Smith moves on and preserve his legacy. He will probably take on a consultancy post or HOF like the 13th immortal to keep involved in the game. Smith will not be a head coach.

Paul Green, did not step down from the Cowboys to be magnanimous and do the right thing by the club without selfish self interest taking a part as all the dumb arse jurnos have been spewing since he stepped down.

He knows that there are a few coaching jobs up for grabs right now and in particular, the Broncos post is looking like being available real soon. So he knew by being a free agent makes it so much easier for the Broncos to finally pull the trigger and get rid of the anchor that they tide themselves to and bring him on board.

The only spanner in the works now is a C. Smith possible deal. As unlikely as it might be, they maybe prepared to wait it out and see if they and Seibold can pull it off, which would probably save Seibold arse. Otherwise Seibold is gone. The only question is when will they announce it?

Do have any updates on our juniors?
I was looking forward to seeing Hollis and Hughes in NSW cup. Any special ones coming through?

Hughes is a development player right now holiis isn't.
Hollis did preseason with 1st grade up until start of the season bit hadn't been back since.
Hughes has trained from preseason until currently.
Although there was a few weeks he wasn't able to train with 1st grade due to the covid protocols.

Mate there are a few kids coming though bit hard to express the quality and how they would go without watching them this year and see how they handle SG Ball and or u20s
So I'll reserve the right to hold off commenting just now :slight_smile:

Would like to know of anyone has herd the rumours with the restructuring of the playing list.
Iv herd from a credible source due to the covid Aus rugby league will be changing a few things.

Instead of a top 30 they are contemplating a top 26 players with only 2 development.
Or
Top 28 with no development.

I'm sure there are other options on the table. What they are I have no idea. But the above 2 are the only other options told to me.

Will be an interesting wait to see what is decided.
This could cruel allot of younger players coming through at all clubs.

T-Boon

Coach
The code needs to partner with universities and set up a lower tier competition replacing reserve grade and other lower grades. The universities have money. Offer them some NRLTV and Fox slots. Make it so that aspiring RL players need to get into Uni before progressing to NRL. That way we begin to take over Rugby strong holds and become a game for all the classes not just dero class.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Would like to know of anyone has herd the rumours with the restructuring of the playing list.
Iv herd from a credible source due to the covid Aus rugby league will be changing a few things.

Instead of a top 30 they are contemplating a top 26 players with only 2 development.
Or
Top 28 with no development.

I'm sure there are other options on the table. What they are I have no idea. But the above 2 are the only other options told to me.

Will be an interesting wait to see what is decided.
This could cruel allot of younger players coming through at all clubs.

Haven't heard anything about that, but if it is true, it's bad for younger players.

84 Baby

Referee
The code needs to partner with universities and set up a lower tier competition replacing reserve grade and other lower grades. The universities have money. Offer them some NRLTV and Fox slots. Make it so that aspiring RL players need to get into Uni before progressing to NRL. That way we begin to take over Rugby strong holds and become a game for all the classes not just dero class.
What an original idea! Not at all stolen from another country. Aus unis don’t have the money US ones do. At least not across what would be any sort of decent competition

Gazzamatta

Coach
If this has been commented on previously I do apologise but I dont recall.
Anyway.
I see The Chooks get SBW on their Cap being 4 weeks pro rata of his supposed value of $900k. Given this result, I was wondering if our Eels, for example, are afforded similar consideration for Alvaro ($350k) and Gennings ($200k)?
$550k÷20 games X number of games on loan. Seems only fair to me.

Noise

Coach
If this has been commented on previously I do apologise but I dont recall.
Anyway.
I see The Chooks get SBW on their Cap being 4 weeks pro rata of his supposed value of $900k. Given this result, I was wondering if our Eels, for example, are afforded similar consideration for Alvaro ($350k) and Gennings ($200k)?
$550k÷20 games X number of games on loan. Seems only fair to me.
This would free up even more space for the Roosters too as they loaned the Warriors some merkin. So did Penrith.

Latest posts