What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

If this has been commented on previously I do apologise but I dont recall.
Anyway.
I see The Chooks get SBW on their Cap being 4 weeks pro rata of his supposed value of $900k. Given this result, I was wondering if our Eels, for example, are afforded similar consideration for Alvaro ($350k) and Gennings ($200k)?
$550k÷20 games X number of games on loan. Seems only fair to me.
I haven't heard it discussed either but wondered the same thing.

Although thinking about it, you can only play so many each week, and if you can bring them back when needed you haven't really lost anything. And they're getting the valuable game time. So maybe you don't get any cap relief.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Although thinking about it, you can only play so many each week, and if you can bring them back when needed you haven't really lost anything. And they're getting the valuable game time. So maybe you don't get any cap relief.
All makes sense I guess but the SBW scenario should be tested. If clubs threw up these issues to the hierarchy it may well have made it more difficult for the Chooks to Rule The Roost.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Rheed grabs a SoO spot for QLD at the end of this year, and then holds onto it in 2021, do you see Schnieder being preferred over him for 2022?

If he has promise and Rheed want 600k and we cant fit him in the cap then possible.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If he has promise and Rheed want 600k and we cant fit him in the cap then possible.
I love Rheed but goodness Harry G impressed me last week. Sitting behind the posts watching Harry do his thing had our markers totally mesmerised. Two very different players but so far as Origin is concerned Im confident Qld would pick Harry over Rheed when available. He is a clone of Diamond Ring Cam and as such will get the nod. Friend over Harry would be a crazy move by them. Harrys the man.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
You're dreaming. I expect Bellamy, to retire once C. Smith moves on and preserve his legacy. He will probably take on a consultancy post or HOF like the 13th immortal to keep involved in the game. Smith will not be a head coach.

Paul Green, did not step down from the Cowboys to be magnanimous and do the right thing by the club without selfish self interest taking a part as all the dumb arse jurnos have been spewing since he stepped down.

He knows that there are a few coaching jobs up for grabs right now and in particular, the Broncos post is looking like being available real soon. So he knew by being a free agent makes it so much easier for the Broncos to finally pull the trigger and get rid of the anchor that they tide themselves to and bring him on board.

The only spanner in the works now is a C. Smith possible deal. As unlikely as it might be, they maybe prepared to wait it out and see if they and Seibold can pull it off, which would probably save Seibold arse. Otherwise Seibold is gone. The only question is when will they announce it?
Not sure abt that, the will have a new top 3, Papenhuyzen, Munster, Grant, that will keep those f**kers going for another decade...

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
I love Rheed but goodness Harry G impressed me last week. Sitting behind the posts watching Harry do his thing had our markers totally mesmerised. Two very different players but so far as Origin is concerned Im confident Qld would pick Harry over Rheed when available. He is a clone of Diamond Ring Cam and as such will get the nod. Friend over Harry would be a crazy move by them. Harrys the man.
I suspect your right, Grant’s maturity is outstanding!

yy_cheng

Coach
Wouldn't hunt be hooker?

Delboy

First Grade
But my thinking is mostly around the fact Hollis isn't in the development squad. Also, hearing the opinions of others, Hughes has all the tools, including speed and footwork. Hollis is just big, with a decent motor.
Hollis is I believe doing 3rd year of his building course, so this year has been given time to complete it. Dont forget he started in the pre season reggies trial with Hughes, both physically gifted, both are under contract next year as their development progresses.

84 Baby

Referee
Why don’t you just marry him FFS

Latest posts