What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

TheRam

Coach
The conflict of interest was dicussed on 360. I thought that the conflict was that he’d get all the scoops for ch9. However apparently he has opened a player management business which focuses on kids coming through. It was suggested that he is best suited to the junior development pathways sector attye NRL and that certainly gives him an unfair advantage to sign up the next JT, SBW etc.

He hasn't started it yet and I'm sure while he is employed by the NRL he won't be signing players up and managing their careers. Now that V'Landys is in charge even the dumb arse ARLC would understand how ridiculous that would be.

Trust me the main reason that any jurnos like Rothfield are blowing up is jealousy and self interest.

TheRam

Coach
How are you "sure" ? :thinking:

Because it would become a dogs breakfast and a major scandal. Rothfield would make sure of it. V'Landys is to smart an operator to allow it to happen.

But then again, it is dumb arse RL we are talking about, so anything is possible. ;)

84 Baby

Referee
How are you "sure" ? :thinking:
Because Gould is incredibly humble and wouldn’t do anything to jeopardise rugba leeg just because he knows his involvement with certain players would be entirely for the benefit of rugba leeg?

TBH I legitimately think that’s how he would see it

TheParraboy

Staff member
The conflict of interest was dicussed on 360. I thought that the conflict was that he’d get all the scoops for ch9. However apparently he has opened a player management business which focuses on kids coming through. It was suggested that he is best suited to the junior development pathways sector attye NRL and that certainly gives him an unfair advantage to sign up the next JT, SBW etc.

On that 100% footy talk show on ch9, Gus said he often had had 3-4 jobs at the same time , when grilled further about conflict of interest, he dismissed it as garbage and a non issue (he was very convincing to the point of being a bully about it)

Does the NRL go down that path and try and get things done, or do we go down the path of another Gallop/Beattie/Greenburg where we let AFL walk all over the game

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Does the NRL go down that path and try and get things done, or do we go down the path of another Gallop/Beattie/Greenburg where we let AFL walk all over the game

You talk like its Gus or one of those has beens, there are many more choices

Who ever thought we would have plucked PVL from racing NSW, and look what he has done.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Who ever thought we would have plucked PVL from racing NSW, and look what he has done.

Not me talking, its the bloke we plucked from racing NSW that wants Gould

Maybe you could text Peter all the other choices he has?

Gronk

Staff member
Not me talking, its the bloke we plucked from racing NSW that wants Gould

Maybe you could text Peter all the other choices he has?

I reckon Vlad is sick of hearing Gus spruik that he can fix this and that and he knows the answer to everything. Righto merkin - here's the keys. Fix it or shut the f**k up.

That Shane Richardson reckoned he had all the answers and was going to fix the cap. Years later after taking huge cash, he slivered away. Has anyone seen what he worked so hard at ?

jk13

First Grade
gould is super biased just as a commentator, i have extreme doubts that he could keep it neutral in any other scenario

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not a great fan of Gus mainly because of how he punted Griffin and bought back Cleary to the detriment of The Tigpies. Very selfish. I also hate how he trashes our Eels to boost his Panthers and also that he won't recognise his fu*k up with Sivo. All this is true but whatever he did at Penrith to provide a never ending supply of young talent should be recognised and applauded. If he can do this throughout all junior pathways I'm all for it. Thats where his talent lay.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

When it comes to the role that Gus is being mooted for, deep knowledge of rugby league in its entirety is essential.

That limits the field significantly.