What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman is overrated.

Crush

Coach
Nothing wrong with Norman signing if he was signed to replace Mann this year.
He would be an upgrade on Mann and be handy off the bench. If, like last year, a half was to get injured then Norman would have been a better replacement than Mann was.
2019 Mann out Norman in.
2020 Widdop out Norman in.
That is how it should be.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Nothing wrong with Norman signing if he was signed to replace Mann this year.
He would be an upgrade on Mann and be handy off the bench. If, like last year, a half was to get injured then Norman would have been a better replacement than Mann was.
2019 Mann out Norman in.
2020 Widdop out Norman in.
That is how it should be.

...... but at 900k a year, thats a lot of fuel left in the bowser.

possm

Coach
I have never been a Norman fan & was deadset against the club signing him at all! However, if his position at 5/8 & the complete rearranging of the spine causes the demise of Mary McDeflector then he'll go down as one of our greatest signings & saviours.

Mary has always presented his players with a plan that they find hard to believe in. I'd say we have played our best football under Mary when the players played what was in front of them. Although this too is not the way to go, it seems to be a better plan than that put forward by Mary.

The idea of playing low risk football for 100% of a game; dumbing down the brilliant urges of players like Widdop, McInnes, Leilua and Host. I understand an error free game should be what everyone aims for. The problem is that our game plan is so predictable and so flawed that players feel frustrated when things go pear-shaped.

Dragon David

First Grade
How far ahead of Norman is walker

Seriously Normie

Super underwhelming this season
Norman and Hunt are both being upstaged by other halves. Their combination has not gelled well at all. They just do not offer much in attack. I'm convinced that we just don't have the cattle and we need to secure some tough forwards, flying wingers to help Dufty and of course better halves.

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Norman and Hunt are both being upstaged by other halves. Their combination has not gelled well at all. They just do not offer much in attack. I'm convinced that we just don't have the cattle and we need to secure some tough forwards, flying wingers to help Dufty and of course better halves.
Our front rowers don’t have any mongrel or intimidation factor. Is Michael Weyman still fit??? I reckon he’d still be able to do 20 min stint. He’d still show them how to do it right. Get him on the coaching staff!!!

gUt

Coach

The exact turning point was Hunt over calling Norman and leading to the first intercept try. Norman had your left side ready organised and ready to go but they went to Hunt on the shorter side right. From that moment it was Souths game imo.

Coffs dragon

Bench
No f##king comment - I am still pussed off by the clown and did you see the hair cut ? ?
Gareth that haircut is the shape of a wooden spoon that sits on his skull.
He’s the most overrated & overpriced player to wear a Dragons jersey. Between him & our Peanut of a coach, they can possibly lead us all the way to the spoon in 2020.

thebigredv

First Grade
So according to the Telegraph Norman is on $850k & Walker is on $700k enough said. :confused:

That is the scariest stat of the year. We have become such a poorly run club, and with McStubborn still there right now, we can't begin planning for next year, so you can write off next season as well.

Latest posts