What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list thread - vs Dogs Rnd 12

Gazzamatta

Coach
They need spine players, not forwards and wingers.
True mate but its a start from their gradual decline in all areas these past years. A good coach can develop talent and they arent devoid of talent. Is Barrett the guy? Not sure but I never thought Pay was. I recall his days as our defence coach. Absolutely terrible.
Im a huge believer in that most players require the correct structures to bring out their best. Look what Gibson did with Sterling, Kenny, Ella, Grothe, Taylor etc. Over my many years watching the Eels I saw numerous kids in lower grades with as much talent that were part of a post Gibson set up who never realised their potential. Look at how Bellamy can bring players up to Storm Level who were unwanted elsewhere.
Most probably wont agree but I think Holbrook is the next gun coach. Time will tell. Gotta love the footy though mate in any form. Gee I missed it.

TheRam

Coach
True mate but its a start from their gradual decline in all areas these past years. A good coach can develop talent and they arent devoid of talent. Is Barrett the guy? Not sure but I never thought Pay was. I recall his days as our defence coach. Absolutely terrible.
Im a huge believer in that most players require the correct structures to bring out their best. Look what Gibson did with Sterling, Kenny, Ella, Grothe, Taylor etc. Over my many years watching the Eels I saw numerous kids in lower grades with as much talent that were part of a post Gibson set up who never realised their potential. Look at how Bellamy can bring players up to Storm Level who were unwanted elsewhere.
Most probably wont agree but I think Holbrook is the next gun coach. Time will tell. Gotta love the footy though mate in any form. Gee I missed it.

I don't think Barrett is a great coach. He reminds me of a young R Stuart. All he does is bitch and moan and blame eveyone and everything around him when things go wrong for him. A lot of hype around him, but little to show for it. Yeah I know Stuart won a premiership in his 2nd season, but everyone knows Gould built that roster and then Stuart dismantled it and then got speared by Politis for doing so.

If he lasts long enough though, like Stuart and even Bozo before him, he will have learnt enough to be considered a decent coach.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't think Barrett is a great coach. He reminds me of a young R Stuart. All he does is bitch and moan and blame eveyone and everything around him when things go wrong for him. A lot of hype around him, but little to show for it. Yeah I know Stuart won a premiership in his 2nd season, but everyone knows Gould built that roster and then Stuart dismantled it and then got speared by Politis for doing so.

If he lasts long enough though, like Stuart and even Bozo before him, he will have learnt enough to be considered a decent coach.
Am definitely not a Stuart fan Ram. Cannot stand the man. Will never forget or forgive how the egotistical grub treated our great club as a door mat.
Obviously the jury remains out on Barrett but I've seen signs that maybe hes matured. Cleary has been an average coach for many years yet Penrith have improved 10 fold. I have a sneaky suspicion that TB has a lot to do with that. It may well be that TB is an outstanding Assistant and not cut out for the senior position. Time will tell. I think The Dogs missed the boat with Holbrook. Moving forward to "Parra-phrase" a respected forumite "its very exciting".

Gronk

Staff member
That Laundy bloke is looking to the next Nick Politis. He’s f**ken rich as, so it’s possible.

Hope it’s not but.
He also looks like he's 90. So he better hurry the f**k up.

tenor.gif