What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
For me, we have a terrific bunch of young forwards.
But the trouble is, they are young forwards, still learning their craft. Packer has helped, did we rush Twall back?

Brooks offered nothing as a bench player.

But not having a GK is just bullshit, how many games are we going to lose before we rectify this fact.

A lot of this is on Madge.

WA Tiger

Bench
It's pretty bad isn't it. I'm trying to look at the positives and it's hard to find them. AD is a tough player. LL is a gun. Aloiai and Mikaele with the right support can get us going forward.
The positive is we may get to see the new kid from Easts on the field next week (should have been this week) ...We get Hoffman in his natural position at centre...Mbye in reserves Benji kicks ...Just something different ...new combinations without being forced to because of injury.....preferably not including Brooks on the Bench. Otherwise the players feel safe and eventually get stale..Trying new combinations should not be the big deal Madge is making it out to be.And he should have already settled on the best combination by now but instead he has no clue what to do..

stryker

First Grade
Look up the definition of "piss weak" in the dictionary and there will be a video of tonight's effort from the Tigers.
Piss weak is what we dish up whenever there’s a sniff we may see some success. Year after year, it doesn’t matter the makeup of the squad, they all succumb...losing is in the DNA of the club.

WA Tiger

Bench
I read a phrase in the smh this week referring to Trump that he has a “pathological unwillingness to admit error..” With Madge a fear of trying something new for fear it may look like he made a mistake eg Brookes on the bench Mbye as captain and at centre...These easy games are the best times to at least try one change, breath new life into the team proactive selection..I haven’t even had a good look at the game yet but I just know the game last week warranted trying something new at fullback with the new kid perhaps ? but no..

Last edited:
We were totally f**ked.

Rowdy’s last stand. A fitting finish.

They should have necked themselves at halftime than put us through that.

Pascoe should lock Madge up in solitary for the week and then belt him for a day when he gets out.

No excuses for that slop.

Last edited:
Fortunately I missed tonight’s game, but on my way home from work I listened to the first 20 minutes of the second half on the radio via MMM, that was enough to get that feeling of dread and that the WT were about to let their supporters down and blow another game they were expected to win.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Warriors defense rushed up and smothered most of the Tigers attack. They Just showed more energy for more of the game, there weren't too many errors, they just wanted it more.

When the Tigers move the ball they make more meters. Obviously that can't happen all the time but when ground isn't being made up the middle, Benji needs the ball in his hands more, he should see out the season as captain, in my eyes. I'm struggling to see a place for Brooks, other than a back up for injuries.

gordsy

Juniors
Due to covid we have to play Brooks on the bench, if we need a half back in six weeks time and Brooks has no game time, imagine how bad he'd be. I shudder when i think about it.

WA Tiger

Bench
Due to covid we have to play Brooks on the bench, if we need a half back in six weeks time and Brooks has no game time, imagine how bad he'd be. I shudder when i think about it.
We don’t need Brooks EVER ..especially on the last play of the game needing a try for a draw

Madge was off his ducking tree at the press conference.

He was so furious, he could barely breathe. Seething with loathing and contempt.

The boys have pulled the tigers tail way too hard this time and a couple of the lads will be lucky to survive the training this week.

He said he spoke to the senior players after the match....I bet a couple of them are still trying to get their heads out of the door.

Supercharge week coming, finals like prep.

He has no choice.

Knights should be terrified.

Last edited:
The positive is we may get to see the new kid from Easts on the field next week (should have been this week) ...We get Hoffman in his natural position at centre...Mbye in reserves Benji kicks ...Just something different ...new combinations without being forced to because of injury.....preferably not including Brooks on the Bench. Otherwise the players feel safe and eventually get stale..Trying new combinations should not be the big deal Madge is making it out to be.And he should have already settled on the best combination by now but instead he has no clue what to do..
I can’t see those changes being made WA simply because Madge believes he’s right.
Hoffman to centre, I think Talau would get a run their first but Talau is pretty safe under the kicks so Madge won’t move him.
Mybe to reserves, but who will miss the ones in front?
New kid from Easts, as a winger? See above and Nofa has been ok, so no.
What I couldn’t see Madge doing is putting Talau and Asu Kepaoa together.
But perhaps a different selection that might work is, Nofa to 1 replaced by Asu. but I think Madge will only make a change at 1 if AD is hurt and 2 he thinks he needs a change in the halves again, the 3rd one will happen anyway as BJ comes straight back.

in the forwards, well the simple one is Packer for Clark, then perhaps Lawrence for Garner, with Makaele and Aloiai on notice.

Fortunately I missed tonight’s game, but on my way home from work I listened to the first 20 minutes of the second half on the radio via MMM, that was enough to get that feeling of dread and that the WT were about to let their supporters down and blow another game they were expected to win.

Awesome premonition.

You should buy yourself a lottery ticket this weekend, share the numbers with us.

It was a performance that strangled the hope out of most of us.

I’ve got a faint pulse, but that’s it.

I thought even if we have average players, Madge can brainwash them into thinking they are pretty good ones, but I’m not sure now.