What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Townsend issue

Version IV

Juniors
Not sure tracey will be any better. He will hopefully exploit the new rules better by playing with more urgency but he’s no superstar. Trindall has the higher ceiling imo and we should be using him.

I agree Trindall should start.

Tracey off bench that's if Bomber knows how to use him, last 2 weeks it was to give Brailey a thank you done 60 minutes game was won. Last week CT went down with what 8 minutes to go.
Bomber knows how to use the boppers, with Tracey I would use him as extra dummy half replace a forward, have Hime and Brailey scooting out of dummy half one after each other, following hit up from one of big boppers, there is value in that

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not sure tracey will be any better. He will hopefully exploit the new rules better by playing with more urgency but he’s no superstar. Trindall has the higher ceiling imo and we should be using him.

I have the same reservations about Tracey. Have had since last time Chad was broken and combos were being tossed up. Concern is that CoTR and ShJo together is a bit too mercurial. I don't see much game management there.

However I would have struggled to go with Trindall as well at this particular time of the year.

I probably would have gone left field

ghoti

Bench
Chad has done less all year than trindell in one half.

Thanks for all the fish

Not the biggest Chad fan this year but don't feel like that was enough to make his make at 7 ..only kicked twice, distributed a bit, but looked NRL standard and got through with confidence. Good to have a patient back up 7 that's not hyped like fkn Flanagan... Trindall I reckon will bide his time and push for the top job in 2021/2022

MilkShark

First Grade
Trindall had a great first game ,only messed up one play hope he backs up with more. Will be sad to see him leave when another team picks him up, seeing as Chad STILL HAS THREE FKN MORE YEARS.
Far out, we are f**king idiots

sandshark

Bench
Trindall had a great first game ,only messed up one play hope he backs up with more. Will be sad to see him leave when another team picks him up, seeing as Chad STILL HAS THREE FKN MORE YEARS.
Haha We'll lose both Trindall and Tracey during those years too.

Version IV

Juniors
Trindall is off contract end of year, I bet Titans and Warriors looking at him with promise to be starting half, we will say you you have option of learning from chad

Weaponhead

Coach
I defend Chad from the mindless slander on here, but that contract was too long.
Agreed. It was a strange move. It's not like Chad was in high demand or setting the world on fire. He is solid player at best.

Trindall had a solid debut. Linked with Wade and Johnson. His tackling was strong. Took the line on a few times with the show and go. Needs to kick more.

He has plenty of upside and should be retained.

Version IV

Juniors
Agreed. It was a strange move. It's not like Chad was in high demand or setting the world on fire. He is solid player at best.

Trindall had a solid debut. Linked with Wade and Johnson. His tackling was strong. Took the line on a few times with the show and go. Needs to kick more.

He has plenty of upside and should be retained.
He was kicking 40/20 in lower grades as well

Latest posts