What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fordy20

Juniors
4 tries each, the Tigers desperate for some one who can kick a goal, somebody phone Halligan.

Warriors 2000 run metres v 1600 for the Tigers. SMH

Spot on. I can't see the goal kicking changing anytime soon, but f**k me, we got absolutely dominated by the Warriors up the middle and people are talking like shuffling the backline around is going to make a rat's arse of difference. Madge was right in the press conference, that loss was 100% between the ears. The boys showed up expecting an easy win, didn't show the Warriors the respect they deserved and we end up with a classic Wests Tigers performance. I really thought we were past this shit.

WA Tiger

Bench
I can’t see those changes being made WA simply because Madge believes he’s right.
Hoffman to centre, I think Talau would get a run their first but Talau is pretty safe under the kicks so Madge won’t move him.
Mybe to reserves, but who will miss the ones in front?
New kid from Easts, as a winger? See above and Nofa has been ok, so no.
What I couldn’t see Madge doing is putting Talau and Asu Kepaoa together.
But perhaps a different selection that might work is, Nofa to 1 replaced by Asu. but I think Madge will only make a change at 1 if AD is hurt .

Madge WILL change positions only if they are hurt ..I’m hoping 10th on the ladder helps him reassess that notion...These are just ideas. Anything is better than nothing that’s how we stumbled onto Talau (even after he looked average for a wee while) and Blore way too late..
I meant Mbye to the bench. Reserves is a union term for the bench..Mbye can cover the whole backline literally... Benji can miss from in front if need be

So this week Ive heard 1 Walters to fullback from Benched Tiger and now 2 Nofo to fullback from yourself. That’s not like your usual logic Old Time? We don’t need to create problems that currently don’t exist .....Asu to Fullback. He plays every position in the backline. He’s fast he’s cocky, he’s got a hell of a pass, from the clip posted and articles, he looks and sounds like a star in the making...and he’s on the sideline when we lose against the warriors?

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Spot on. I can't see the goal kicking changing anytime soon, but f**k me, we got absolutely dominated by the Warriors up the middle and people are talking like shuffling the backline around is going to make a rat's arse of difference. Madge was right in the press conference, that loss was 100% between the ears. The boys showed up expecting an easy win, didn't show the Warriors the respect they deserved and we end up with a classic Wests Tigers performance. I really thought we were past this shit.
I agree with that as well re the forwards.But we lost by 1 try and 1 conversion.. my argument re the backs still applies..
Between the ears is a captain and coach thing...Madge Kicking the chair at half time obviously wasn’t the right feedback..You ever seen Bennett kick a chair at half time to fix things

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Nothing wrong with the club? Are you serious?

Dont tell me what i must or must not do you prick.
I may be wrong and prob am with my theories .. but One things for sure ..Everyone’s got a right to be angry tonight..It’s not like it’s a passing interest is it. This is more full on than that ..

Pezz70

Juniors
I agree with that as well re the forwards.But we lost by 1 try and 1 conversion.. my argument re the backs still applies..
Between the ears is a captain and coach thing...Madge Kicking the chair at half time obviously wasn’t the right feedback..You ever seen Bennett kick a chair at half time to fix things
We lost by two conversions and a penalty goal just to highlight the importance of having a decent kicker in the side. 4 tries each tonight.

Im not sure Hoffman is the answer, there’s a few pushing his barrow here, my take after the south’s game is that he is not yet anywhere near NRL ready and this year shouldn’t see him play unless we have no one else.

We have a shocking run home. We will struggle to win 2 games.

WA Tiger

Bench
We lost by two conversions and a penalty goal just to highlight the importance of having a decent kicker in the side. 4 tries each tonight.

Im not sure Hoffman is the answer, there’s a few pushing his barrow here, my take after the south’s game is that he is not yet anywhere near NRL ready and this year shouldn’t see him play unless we have no one else.

Agree except Hoffman was very safe under the high ball he ran at the line with no fear and he was out of position on the wing on his debut . I’d at least give him a go at centre. Do you reckon he’d put every ounce of effort into doing his job and impressing like some didn’t ..and maybe there’s stuff at centre he can do that he just can’t show on the wing ..same as Talau.Theyre both centres played out of position

Wizardman

First Grade

I agree with you. Hoffman may or may not be a good prospect but he sure as shit is not ready for NRL physically and mentally.

Wizardman

First Grade
Remember that game against Canterbury two seasons ago when we were coming off some solid form and they destroyed us? Remember when we were not the same team since? That performance had a very similar feel to it. I bloody hope Im wrong.

That performance completely took the air out of me last night. Quite a few players on our roster had their worst game this season.

A lot of our supporters seem to think we have we have a top eight roster. Here is a newsflash. NO WE f**kING DON'T!!!! Im my opinion, we have the worst roster in the comp. We are very well f**king coached and play well and truly above ourselves most weeks. That is to the eternal credit of our coaching staff. Madge is our strongest asset in this club and I don't blame him in any way, shape or form for the way we are. Frankly, he has worked minor miracles with the shit squad he has.

*Adam Douhei: I never liked his signing and certainly don't think he is an NRL fullback now. When the Warriors expose him for the ocean tanker that he is, you know he isn't up to it. He may go okay at six and has played okay in the centres. But we we need to shop for a fullback in the offseason.

*Luke Brooks: The man will never cut it at this club. Im sad that it is the case as he is a nice bloke. But, he has to go. He may go well at a different system but it won't happen at the tigers.

*Ivan's dead wood: f**k them off ASAP. They are a major reason why the club is where it is today.

Fordy20, I agree with your post #101, it’s the forwards.
My post re changes to backline was purely based on suggestion that the Easts recruit comes in, can’t see how based on how Talau has come on and the fact that Madge has stuck by Mybe (I wonder if the donkeys would want him for his ‘experience’).

Packer for Clarke,
Eisenhuth to 13,
Twal to replace Aloiai (Aloiai to grow his hair again, his form went south once he cut it:rolling_eyes:)
Lawrence for Garner (shit house tackle attempt on Hiku for his 1st try).
Mikaele not in 17.

Madge has to revisit the Doueihi selection at fullback. With ball in hand he always seems to beat the 1st defender, it’s just a step or swerve but seems to be able to do it each time.
Is he a 6? I hope not now because they don’t need another change at 6 or perhaps they do.

Theyre both centres played out of position
I agree WA but so is Doueihi, Mybe, Lawrence (forced); Walters and Brooks when he comes on.

Tigerm

First Grade
Nothing wrong with the club? Are you serious?

Dont tell me what i must or must not do you prick.
Well Brainiac, please tell us what wrong with the club?

As for your other statement, f**k off idiot, read what I wrote.

Last edited:

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
Can't believe I'm saying this but we missed Packer. Twal was really ordinary, he mustn't have been right.

Doueihi is a lovely mover but lacks workrate and speed at fullback. Would be a strong centre. I'd love to see Talau have a crack at 1.

1.Talau
2.Kapeoa
3.Doueihi
4.BJ
5.Nofo
6.Brooks
7.Marshall

13.Twal
12.LL
11.Garner
10.Packer
9.Grant
8. Aloiai

14.Sam Mac
15.Blore
16.Makeale
17.Mbye

WA Tiger

Bench
I'd love to see Talau have a crack at 1.
Now we’re thinking
It’s not about have we got the cattle. It’s about working with what we have now, not when it’s too late..or being afraid to try things coz it might hurt feelings or it might not work. Just try it. We knew we had a problem at fullback when we saw how slow AD was a couple of weeks ago and ample evidence since..Why is he still there and did anyone put AD through a speed test before he was recruited? Tell me they did

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade

That list is extensive and ever growing, suffice to say think back of house, front of house, recruitment, training facilities, home grounds and culture.

philgood

Juniors

If you need me to tell you what is wrong with our club, then you really are as stupid as your posts suggest.

How about we start with a perennial losing culture. Four different home grounds. An ex coach who stifled our clubs progress because he mis managed the salary cap. Current CEO who oversaw and gave tick of approval to these over paid mis managed signings. Top shelf players such as James Tedesco not wanting to stay at the club which nurtured and brought them into grade...you want me to keep going? Because i have plenty more.

You told me to "find another" club to follow. I didn't appreciate your snide remark.

Tigerm

First Grade
That list is extensive and ever growing, suffice to say think back of house, front of house, recruitment, training facilities, home grounds and culture.
That’s changing, the club now is well financed and upgrading facilities, we signed a top grade coach (not sure about that now) a new recruitment manager, what do you want. None of that should interfere with the footy team. I do agree that there is a problem with attracting top level players, but clubs worse than than ours are doing it, so for me the answer is we have to pay overs to bring the right ones here.

Tigerm

First Grade
If you need me to tell you what is wrong with our club, then you really are as stupid as your posts suggest.

How about we start with a perennial losing culture. Four different home grounds. An ex coach who stifled our clubs progress because he mis managed the salary cap. Current CEO who oversaw and gave tick of approval to these over paid mis managed signings. Top shelf players such as James Tedesco not wanting to stay at the club which nurtured and brought them into grade...you want me to keep going? Because i have plenty more.

You told me to "find another" club to follow. I didn't appreciate your snide remark.
That’s all old shit, talk about the today, not yesterday.
We would be one of the few clubs that is actually financially strong. And working towards a a strong future.
My point was if you think the place is shit, then follow someone else.

Tiger05

First Grade
Twal was really ordinary, he mustn't have been right.

Twal is massively overrated on here. He has always had an upright running style which leads to him getting pushed back often and he isn't an impact forward. He is a worker who needs the other guys to get on top. Our forwards weren't up to it last night and we don't have class in the backline to compensate.

Grant was also trash. He reminds me of Robbie at times. He does a lot of good stuff but comes up with the worst possible option at critical times. Grant has the ability to be one of the best hookers in the comp but he has to get rid of the dumb plays. We desperately need him this year and maybe next year but hopefully Liddle and Simpkins come good over the next couple of years. If we somehow retain him we have to get those dumb plays out of his game because they cost you in big games.

Tiger05

First Grade
That’s all old shit, talk about the today, not yesterday.
We would be one of the few clubs that is actually financially strong. And working towards a a strong future.

The club to me is looking good for the future. I reckon 100% of our problem is not having a good roster and Madge to me is changing that around.

Anyway what do you do. I mean you need a lot more in your life than just getting pissed off at the Tigers losing again.

League WTF

Juniors
Now we’re thinking
It’s not about have we got the cattle. It’s about working with what we have now not when it’s too late..or being afraid to try things coz it might hurt feelings or it might not work. Just try it. We knew we had a problem at fullback when we saw how slow AD was a couple of weeks ago and ample evidence since..Why is he still there and did anyone put AD through a speed test before he was recruited? Tell me they did
Glad I’m not the only one who saw this...

Although I wouldn’t touch Talau since he’s been doing well on the wing and scoring some amazing tries.

With what we have, a simple solution is Mbye to fullback. His defence has improved under Madge and I’m sure his 1-on-1 tackle would have stopped a few last night.

Move Lawrence back to left centre and AD to the right until BJ comes back

Rowdy and Nofo ain’t gelling.

A reminder of what Mbye can do at fullback. I’d love to see AD do the same...

Sure, our forwards got dominated and putting Brooks on the bench was just plain stupid.

I get it that our efforts weren’t there last night but effort will only get you so far when you don’t have the talent and players playing out of position.

There is only 1 Broncos in the comp...

WA Tiger

Bench
I’ve learnt for the first time being with you guys on this forum, that’s not even an option - regardless of how long and how bad, that’s not even discussed, ever ..hardcore supporters who are still here after all the shit that’s gone down since 2005..you have to admire that
It’s kind of like saying your unhappy with your son then disown him....I get the reaction

Last edited: