What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

+ & -

Griffoshark66

First Grade
As of right now we have the most points scored in the NRL. Unfortunately we have the fifth worst defence.

As much as I hate conceding soft points, it's a little easier to swallow when we are running up big scores each week. Long may it continue.

taipan

Referee
Backline defence on the edges needs definite tightening.
Having a lot of newbies in the team, reading the play in defence tends to go to sleep at times.
Considering the experienced players out, we shouldn't complain coming back as we did.
Our real test will come against Parramatta.

Backline defence on the edges needs definite tightening.
Having a lot of newbies in the team, reading the play in defence tends to go to sleep at times.
Considering the experienced players out, we shouldn't complain coming back as we did.
Our real test will come against Parramatta.
The defence issue been happening when all the experienced players have been there as well.
The players are either not doing what they are coached, or they are doing exactly what they are coached and it's terrible coaching.

taipan

Referee
The defence issue been happening when all the experienced players have been there as well.
The players are either not doing what they are coached, or they are doing exactly what they are coached and it's terrible coaching.

I agree to a point, but I don't believe we would have leaked so many point sin the backs with these guys on board.
IOW we should have never been behind ,to have to pull one out of the hat to win.

carinashark

First Grade
They game has changed . Points will be scored, even the best prepared defence will leak.Look at last night , we won by 10 we could have easily lost by the same amount. The quick 6 again is countered by accurate kicks into the in-goal and big units crashing over from short range. Goal conversions are like gold.

taipan

Referee
They game has changed . Points will be scored, even the best prepared defence will leak.Look at last night , we won by 10 we could have easily lost by the same amount. The quick 6 again is countered by accurate kicks into the in-goal and big units crashing over from short range. Goal conversions are like gold.

The result means entertaining football, and the fact we won ,orgasmic entertaining football.

I don’t see our defence improving that much this year but one thing Morris should look at is definitely not giving Woods the huge minutes he is getting before he is subbed off.

When he is gassed he is a huuuuge liability in the middle.

Given he isn’t very athletic he is also struggling with the 6 again rule.

Woods shouldn’t be on the field any longer than 20 minutes in any half.

The other thing we should be doing is trying to dominate possession as much as possible. That old chestnut that you can’t concede points if you have the ball will always be true. Was really happy with the repeat sets from goal line drop outs.

Wasn’t it refreshing not seeing the ball kicked dead by you know who!

Version IV

Juniors
I don’t see our defence improving that much this year but one thing Morris should look at is definitely not giving Woods the huge minutes he is getting before he is subbed off.

The other thing we should be doing is trying to dominate possession as much as possible. That old chestnut that you can’t concede points if you have the ball will always be true. Was really happy with the repeat sets from goal line drop outs.

You seem him struggling when Coates made that break first half it was woods he dosent sprint into position only ever jogz

Weaponhead

Coach
Defence is ordinary on both edges and the middle. Some of the middle breaks by Coates and Farnworth were really poor defence. There just seems to be a lack of concentration and intensity.

The attack is clicking well for the most part. The points are flowing and they are backing their ability. Kennedy has shown some really nice passing.

The defence will have to be sorted out to make an impact in the finals. As has been posted, haven't beaten a top side yet and the last one we played hammered us.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Bullshyte

We scored all our points when he was on. He didn't miss a tackle. Made 43. No errors. Only 1 penalty. 66 minutes.

He was OBVIOUSLY playing a modified role. He averages only a tick over 50 minutes a game. He got 66 out yesterday. Woods and TPP are the only 2 big fellas constantly dragging 3 & 4 into tackles. Thats what is opening up the peripheries. Roy Sunt is learning it but runs a bit wide as does TPP to be honest. Rudolf looks like the wild man from Borneo but is actually an easy target. Usually a legs tackle and finish gets him. Nikora is playing like a bum. Graham is playing like a skilled man with limitations. Williams is 2 years off his best. Fifita is a just broken. Woods is the Apex forward in this pack

It's sad so many are too dumb to understand the game and what he brings

Bullshyte

We scored all our points when he was on. He didn't miss a tackle. Made 43. No errors. Only 1 penalty. 66 minutes.

He was OBVIOUSLY playing a modified role. He averages only a tick over 50 minutes a game. He got 66 out yesterday. Woods and TPP are the only 2 big fellas constantly dragging 3 & 4 into tackles. Thats what is opening up the peripheries. Roy Sunt is learning it but runs a bit wide as does TPP to be honest. Rudolf looks like the wild man from Borneo but is actually an easy target. Usually a legs tackle and finish gets him. Nikora is playing like a bum. Graham is playing like a skilled man with limitations. Williams is 2 years off his best. Fifita is a just broken. Woods is the Apex forward in this pack

It's sad so many are too dumb to understand the game and what he brings

I never said he wasn’t playing good.

I said his stint in particular in the first half was way to long and that gasses him in defence. 66mins if that what he played last night is too much.

Don’t give me he didn’t miss a tackle crap.

He was that gassed he couldn’t get close to touching the runner as they passed him by.

I’ve also see plenty of tired arm grabbing close to the line in recent matches from him.

That doesn’t make him a bad player it just means his minutes has to be managed better.

If anyone agrees with these comments please like this post.

Woods our apex forward my arse!

You bagged Rudolf but his stats say different.

No mention of Uele who has scored 3 tries in 4 games and had better stats than your “apex forward”.

From last night.

Run metres
181 run metres Toby Rudolf
178 run metres Brayden Hamlin Uele
84 run metres Aaron Woods

Post contact metres.
68 post contact run metres Braden Hamlin Uele
57 post contact run metres Toby Rudolf
28 post contact run metres Aaron Woods.

Runs
Toby Rudolf 18
Braden Hamlin Uele 18
Aaron Woods 10

Woods is not our apex forward.

A valuable part of the team sure.

Needs more of a breather than some of our other big boppers?

I definitely think so.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Woods is.

I didn't bag out Rudolf. I said he is an easy target and he is.

Woods 10 runs were because of the modified role. He had 20 receives and played at 1st receiver on 10 occasions.

The trouble is in here you can only argue stats because most are too dumb to argue nuances because most just DO NOT understand the game.

Stats never actually win an argument. Knowing what is really happening does

Woods is.

I didn't bag out Rudolf. I said he is an easy target and he is.

Woods 10 runs were because of the modified role. He had 20 receives and played at 1st receiver on 10 occasions.

The trouble is in here you can only argue stats because most are too dumb to argue nuances because most just DO NOT understand the game.

Stats never actually win an argument. Knowing what is really happening does

You don’t think I know Woods had more of a passing role in attack last night?

I did watch the game and see this like most on here.

So no need to be the arrogant condescending bitch you like to be sometimes.

Plenty on this forum know about Rugby League.

Your stupid point that Rudolf is an easy target is ridiculous especially when you look at the metres he makes EVERY game.

He has become a big target from opposition teams and they are really trying to muscle up on him. Because of this just like anyone he’s going to have a couple of carries that don’t develop into much. But this happens to anyone carting it up the middle.

If anything Woods can be easily targeted because he’s not very athletic and he strolls up to the defensive line unlike most of our forwards.

Frenzy.

Immortal
You don’t think I know Woods had more of a passing role in attack last night?

No, I don't think you knew

I did watch the game and see this like most on here.

Looked at the screen you mean?

So no need to be the arrogant condescending bitch you like to be sometimes.

There is, because I sent a PM to a sensible person here a few hours ago where I said to that person, and I quote "I'm switching on the arrogant for day LOLOL"

Plenty on this forum know about Rugby League.

I counted 23. You weren't in it.

Your stupid point that Rudolf is an easy target is ridiculous especially when you look at the metres he makes EVERY game.

See, you have to go back to stats. He's an easy target because it takes few people to tackle him. That's not even a criticism. It's just how it it. You are very noble and chivalrous though to take such comments about players so personally

He has become a big target from opposition teams and they are really trying to muscle up on him.

Yet they are finding they don't have to. One low, one high gets him nearly every time.

Because of this just like anyone he’s going to have a couple of carries that don’t develop into much. But this happens to anyone carting it up the middle.

You're in love with him aren't you? Is it the hair?

If anything Woods can be easily targeted because he’s not very athletic and he strolls up to the defensive line unlike most of our forwards.

HAHAHA he's the hardest forward in our side to tackle. He rarely gets put on the deck. He has a fast PTB speed. He has the most PCM this year. Most offloads. Sucks in the most defenders. Creates more outside space than any other forward in the side. Is the only prop who consistently takes on the A defensive position while the other run wide. Misses far less tackles than any other prop. Makes the most runs. Makes the most tackles. Plays the most minutes. he IS the first forward Bomber picks.

Back to Disney World Walt

taipan

Referee
I am concerned about points agin us, then I heard the wonderfull news Manly got rogered points wise last night ,by the Pennies.There is a football god.

Latest posts