What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

Bronco18

Juniors
Rumour was Kevvie thought he was a done deal to get the job (and fair enough if there was a handshake agreement) - but in the actual interviews Seibold looked more professional. There seems to have been a focus to make the club more “modern” (see the state of the art gym) to distance themselves from the older Bennett years. So yes the “good with a PowerPoint” thing might’ve got him the job...

While Seibold has proven himself inept, there’s a combination of factors that’ve brought the Broncos unstuck and the rest of the club is perhaps more guilty.

Recruitment and retention was overinvested in youth from the last of the Bennett years. They kept the wrong senior players (a Josh McGuire should’ve been kept perhaps at the expense of Offa and Flegler). Gillette of course would’ve been a model senior player but he was goneskis and the club should’ve prepared for his demise as soon as he had a neck injury - few players come back from it, just ask Tallis.

Boyd was a shithouse parting gift, and Milford was absurdly overpaid. Bird was a crazy investment for a centre with arthritis then ended up spending all three seasons on the sidelines. All three were backs and had player options IN THEIR FAVOUR - this should be a nail in the coffin of Lockyer, Nolan and White on top of paying a rookie coach a rich, five year contract.

For that reason, the head office needs to have a cleanout before Seibold goes. They can’t be trusted to find a replacement for him.

It’s become a cliche too but the injury crisis particularly screws over a young team when it’s senior players are out (Bird, Lodge, Glenn), and the back up players themselves are injured (O’Sullivan) or young and not even playing reserve grade due to Covid (Deardon, Niu). Rattling of those name again shows how poor our depth is. Hell, the first choice players were young as is (Turpin and Fifita), the club seems to have a focus on all depth players being younger than the existing ones, rather than having a serviceable veteran who can come in and do a job if a player is injured or out of form.

EDIT: Coming out of Covid-19, I was also rolling with a theory that the size of the pack was proving a negative too. For YEARS, every Bronco fan would complain about how small our pack was, then when it seemed we had some genuine muscle and heft, the 6-again law comes in and some of our forwards look like logs. Someone say like Lodge is the kind of player you want in the wrestle but has since looked like he’s running in mud. In saying that, it doesn’t seem to have punished any of last years’ successful teams....

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
They don't need to win any more games, the Dogs sure as hell won't be winning 2 games. For all the talk about how shit the Broncos are, the Bulldogs are worse. Their only possible win will be against the Titans imo. If they couldn't win against the Dragons they won't win another game.*

*they play my team this weekend so now they will probably win another game.
ah... yes

GongPanther

Referee
Couldnt agree with this more.

The Premierships taken away from the Storm are always mentioned by Murdoch media as if genuine.

As a general rule I view Murdoch as a cancer on society and a genuine threat to the health of democracy, anything that man touches is nothing more than a polished turd re-packaged and marketed to sell to a brain dead public..
When Qld got hammered by NSW when the Blues showed them up by scoring 50 against them, The Storm, Qld and Murdoch devised a long term strategy. Still hasn't been exposed...

undertaker

Coach
Losing after leading by more than a converted try (26-18) with less than 10 minutes to go.........

Also, defense being a major problem again, with the Broncos conceding 36 points tonight.

That's the story of the Broncos season

undertaker

Coach
Since the NRL re-commenced after COVID-19 postponed the comp for a couple of months, just look at these brilliant results the Broncos have dished up for the Ch9 audience (remember, these are matches Ch9 chose to select after the NRL draw was modified):

6-34 vs Parramatta (home)
0-59 vs Sydney Roosters (home)
18-20 vs Manly (away)
6-27 vs Newcastle (away)
0-48 vs Wests Tigers (away)
8-46 vs Melbourne (home)

They've conceded an average of 39 points/game in these matches!

Btw, I didn't realise the Broncos are also on Ch9 next Friday night against Cronulla.

The promo for next week's match

"Coming up on Friday Night Football.......

will Uncle Wayne rescue Princess Boyd from another Shark attack?
will Anthony Cyborg be auditioning for a role in the next Star Wars movie after tonight's match?

All this and more coming up next on Nine!"

You can add 26-36 vs Cronulla (home) to that list.

Conceding 38.6 points/game on average during their past 7 matches on Ch9.

Honestly don't know what defence drills Seibold is getting the Broncos players to do at training.

myrrh ken

First Grade
They did give us a big scare.

Watching Boyd celebrate after their last try in replay really gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Dingo_dan

Juniors
I'm loving that the bar is now set so low for the broncos that losing thanks to 3 tries in the last 10 minutes to a baby sharks team is now considered a good effort.

All the press about 'this being better' ' they can build on this', 'awfully unlucky' etc really gives of a souths 2006/Newcastle 2016 vibe and i; for one, am loving it.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I'm loving that the bar is now set so low for the broncos that losing thanks to 3 tries in the last 10 minutes to a baby sharks team is now considered a good effort.

All the press about 'this being better' ' they can build on this', 'awfully unlucky' etc really gives of a souths 2006/Newcastle 2016 vibe and i; for one, am loving it.

Shhhh don't say this.... we want them to keep Seibold longer.

typicalfan

Coach
The fact that Boyd has been sitting at centre all year and in game 1 at FB plays like that shows why Seibold is out of touch. Seibolds best line is "this isn't an excuse but" he throws it out in the ether and even last season when the team lost he distanced himself from the loss putting it on the players, he doesn't do that when they win though.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Losing after leading by more than a converted try (26-18) with less than 10 minutes to go.........

Also, defense being a major problem again, with the Broncos conceding 36 points tonight.

That's the story of the Broncos season

Not just losing, conceding 3 tries in the last 10 minutes
That's Eels 1998 level choking

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
The fact that Boyd has been sitting at centre all year and in game 1 at FB plays like that shows why Seibold is out of touch. Seibolds best line is "this isn't an excuse but" he throws it out in the ether and even last season when the team lost he distanced himself from the loss putting it on the players, he doesn't do that when they win though.

The guy coaches via the papers , media called for Boyd to be moved from fullback he does that . Media say Boyd should be fullback he does that .
The guy is a muppet

DeeJ

Bench

I agree with you on the second part, but here is a reminder of how Boyd played at fullback last year thanks to user dragon_around

Fangs

Coach
Boyd brilliant last night. Seibold will have to wrap his star playmaker up in cotton wool for next week's match,

myrrh ken

First Grade

I agree with you on the second part, but here is a reminder of how Boyd played at fullback last year thanks to user dragon_around

His defence is still shocking. Absolutely no urgency in stopping tries at FB particularly the last one. He just dropped off allowing uele to spin.

Better off without him tbh

DeeJ

Bench
His defence is still shocking. Absolutely no urgency in stopping tries at FB particularly the last one. He just dropped off allowing uele to spin.

Better off without him tbh

He will do anything to get himself out of a tackle or hard contact. He will never take a hit up when the opposition defense is set, instead he will go for a scoot when they are retreating.

And immediately going back to fullback, he has started trying to play to the refs. Staying down for 5 mins on Friday just because an arm came up of his shoulder and brushed his head being another example.

His attitude is not one of a first grader. And people in the club are always making excuses for him - his body isn't there anymore, we need his experience, we have injuries. I hope he gets the proper send off when he retires, a chorus of boos from Brisbane fans and insults on social media.