What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Townsend issue

shaggs

Coach
What Trindall needs to do now is forget the nerves and the speed of an NRL debut, get named in the 7 for the next 3 games before chads ready and take control.

He did some good stuff, ran with speed a few times, defended strongly and kicked ok.
He also looked lost (like chad) at times. He also drifted across field slowly (like chad) to turn it under.

One solid debut doesn’t make a summer. He needs to step it up and make it so chad can’t be picked. He needs to ensure that he plays so well that the coach doesn’t think twice about putting an encumbent back in.

Quicksilver

Bench
Agreed. It was a strange move. It's not like Chad was in high demand or setting the world on fire. He is solid player at best.

Trindall had a solid debut. Linked with Wade and Johnson. His tackling was strong. Took the line on a few times with the show and go. Needs to kick more.

He has plenty of upside and should be retained.

I could see a team wanting to pick him up for this year or next. But necessity of those back end years is a mystery. Hopefully there’s some kind of option or alternative path within the club.

Weaponhead

Coach
I could see a team wanting to pick him up for this year or next. But necessity of those back end years is a mystery. Hopefully there’s some kind of option or alternative path within the club.
There has been talk that some of latter years are options. Hopefully club option, not player option.

Quicksilver

Bench
What Trindall needs to do now is forget the nerves and the speed of an NRL debut, get named in the 7 for the next 3 games before chads ready and take control.

He did some good stuff, ran with speed a few times, defended strongly and kicked ok.
He also looked lost (like chad) at times. He also drifted across field slowly (like chad) to turn it under.

One solid debut doesn’t make a summer. He needs to step it up and make it so chad can’t be picked. He needs to ensure that he plays so well that the coach doesn’t think twice about putting an encumbent back in.

yeah I agree, I was happy with his game but my mind isn’t blown or anything. And that’s fair enough, he’s new and he wouldn’t have played in quite some time.

He didn’t f**k up which is a good thing. If he let in 3 tries on debut he’d be stamped “never again“ by the forum.

Ads

First Grade
Bet the broncos would bite our hands off to have townsend right now.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Well done Bray on a fantastic debut. I’ve been calling this kid out for a while to get a crack. To be fair he did have Flanno above him in the pecking order and I’m just wrappped he hung around and waited for his chance. Puts us in a bit of a dilemma once Chad is back but the worst part of this is we are now on notice. Clubs will be banging on his door. The club that stands out to me are the dogs. Get him on the cheap and give him a starting role especially with Foz on the move.

I really hope we keep Trindall because he looks to have the footy smarts and pound for pound a rough bugger.

Version IV

Juniors
Well done Bray on a fantastic debut. I’ve been calling this kid out for a while to get a crack. To be fair he did have Flanno above him in the pecking order and I’m just wrappped he hung around and waited for his chance. Puts us in a bit of a dilemma once Chad is back but the worst part of this is we are now on notice. Clubs will be banging on his door. The club that stands out to me are the dogs. Get him on the cheap and give him a starting role especially with Foz on the move.

I really hope we keep Trindall because he looks to have the footy smarts and pound for pound a rough bugger.
We need to sign him today sort it out

myrrh ken

First Grade
Anyone else worried about his return? We are winning games with bubba at 1 and Moyza at 6. The SJ moyza thing seems to be working out.

I get that bomber needs to slot the head mean girl back in the team. He has a great excuse to play him at 14 which would give B2 a spell ie doesn't want to upset team dynamics.

But how will that go down? Would chad provide any impact off the bench?

Discuss

Craigshark

First Grade
There’s no point even worrying about it, as soon as he’s fit it’ll be plastered all over the sharks social media about how good it is king chad is back and it ain’t gonna be on the bench.

Latest posts