What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fittler comments

Fangs

Coach
Queensland team, mortan bay sharks, has shown interest in taking the cronulla sharks and merge, play out of Brisbane

Good point.

Well after tonight that may soon become a reality. Dufty will take up a contract with cross town rivals the Broncos.

I used to be against merging with the scum, but now I see it is the one guaranteed way to f*** them for all time. McGregor as coach, Millward managing recruitment and retention, a nailed on reserve grade squad year in year out, less than zero ambition. It's everything they deserve.

Up up the Sea Dragons!

TruSaint

Referee
I used to be against merging with the scum, but now I see it is the one guaranteed way to f*** them for all time. McGregor as coach, Millward managing recruitment and retention, a nailed on reserve grade squad year in year out, less than zero ambition. It's everything they deserve.

Up up the Sea Dragons!

So in order to fook them we also self implode by virtue of the merger ?

RedVDave

First Grade
No one ever seems to suggest mergers or relocation of their old club. The Roosters, with no fans, no juniors and a city of millions that hates them could move anywhere and all but a few people would actually give a shit.

Port Moresby Roosters sounds good.

So true I think it's because the Roosters are the only foundation club still standing otherwise they'd be up for discussion with merging or relocation regularly.

blue bags

First Grade
Out of interest, how many local junior teams are there in the Roosters' territory?
years ago they about 6 clubs, not now but, everything has changed
when we played juniors in the area, we played at rushcutters bay - not far from kings cross,
moore park- but the smaller parks,near centennial park, the east side,near south bondi junction-queens park,
north bondi beach -right on cliffs next to the golf club, and bondi oval-near bondi junction,
paddinton has, had a junior club aswell

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
If Saints merge again, I’m done with footy...which isn’t such a bad thing...because then, I won’t have to go through the pain, anger and heartache week in and week out...I’ll probably stop drinking as well. I say merge away shit merkins.

Gareth67

First Grade
Does any recall before we merged with Illawarra , that there was talk that we would merge with . . . wait for it - the Sydney Rorters ? Yes indeed we were to be called the Sydney Dragons !

Can you imagine just what a unsuccessful team that would had been with Nick moneybags Politis running the show , investing his millions into the joint venture ? :flushed:

Walpole

Juniors
They don't count haven't been in NRL from 1908 until now having exited the comp in 2000-2001.
Love it. Truth be told, there is not one single team still known by the name they were in 1908, who have played every season and are still in the comp.

gregstar

Referee
If Saints merge again, I’m done with footy...which isn’t such a bad thing...because then, I won’t have to go through the pain, anger and heartache week in and week out...I’ll probably stop drinking as well. I say merge away shit merkins.
Yep.

Because with any further merge, there will be zilch emotional connection to the organization.
St George will become just a rumor within it.

And this would be the same for pretty much any club if such a thing transpires.

The powers that be are turning the sport into an exclusively financially-focused corporation and losing connection with its fan base. And the organization is bloated with parasites absorbing much of the funds at both club & head office level. The cap is a joke & player agents are adding to the burden.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Brad Fittler

He was described by a police source as "the drunkest human being ever". After spending the night on a boat carrying women on a hen's night, "Blind" Freddie found himself - or someone found him - lying on the nature strip outside Glebe police station. Police said he was unable to communicate and they allowed him to remain on the premises for three hours until he was sober enough to supply his home address and be taxied home.

[1999] More: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/drunke...ribed by a,strip outside Glebe police station.

Generalzod

Immortal
Brad Fittler

He was described by a police source as "the drunkest human being ever". After spending the night on a boat carrying women on a hen's night, "Blind" Freddie found himself - or someone found him - lying on the nature strip outside Glebe police station. Police said he was unable to communicate and they allowed him to remain on the premises for three hours until he was sober enough to supply his home address and be taxied home.

[1999] More: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/drunken-debacles-20050528-gdlet5.html#:~:text=4 Brad Fittler&text=He was described by a,strip outside Glebe police station.
Yet here he is pointing the finger at other players, look I don’t care that he thinks that Cronulla and St George should merge, what gets me how the Roosters and Souths are not included in his conversation.

gregstar

Referee
There's 4. Bondi, Clovelly, Waverley and Paddo.

It sounds like a joke, and they are a joke, but I'm not joking. To their credit, Easts have shown that it is money, not juniors, that counts.
Yeah I thought it was 4.

I remember we were all giving them sh**t about it 04/05.

So can someone tell me what this Bruce Gordon prick is doing for us?

If Politis can make a 4 juniors club into a rorting powerhouse, what the f*ckk is this Gordon c*U nt doing?

stryker

First Grade
Does any recall before we merged with Illawarra , that there was talk that we would merge with . . . wait for it - the Sydney Rorters ? Yes indeed we were to be called the Sydney Dragons !

Can you imagine just what a unsuccessful team that would had been with Nick moneybags Politis running the show , investing his millions into the joint venture ? :flushed:
You’d have several more premierships as long as the merger didn’t use too many StGeorge players.