What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jax Ferris issue

Frenzy.

Immortal
What's his injury.

I'm certainly hoping it's a cork and have a hunch it is. He looked OK after the game.

I reckon he went good as well. He's got that chunky little build we see in so many Kiwi centres that turn out to be so good by about 24-25 years all. Your Willie Talaus, Tim Lafai's, Dean Whare types. Types who become real good defenders, have great evasion and a lot of strength through the glutes and thighs.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Riccio tweeted that testing showed there was no ACL issue. Scans to come

That's good. Was not the right mechanism of injury for ACL anyway. Looked like a contact injury with no shift, twist or otherwise unnatural knee movement

MilkShark

First Grade
If all fit, except Moylan, Kennedy is out.
Dugan
Katoa
Ramien
Ferris
Ronald.

But when Moylan comes back Ferris is out
That could work.

I’m not sure what to do with Moylan, he can be good but it’s not consistent. And then he is injured a lot. I’d like to be fielding a team that can stay on the field and get some games under their belt together.

Frenzy.

Immortal
That could work.

I’m not sure what to do with Moylan, he can be good but it’s not consistent. And then he is injured a lot. I’d like to be fielding a team that can stay on the field and get some games under their belt together.

That's gotta happen sooner or later too.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I’d be loathe to move Dugan out of the centres. We need his defence there.

It's a conundrum. I 100% agree with that thinking Don. I also think Kennedy is coming into his own. As others say he is good a for a blooper or 2 a game but it's balancing out. He did well with 2 TAs last night and showed he has some good skill.

On balance I think the team is better with him at the back, bloopers and all and Dugan at centre to reduce the considerably higher amount of defensive bloopers the left side has been producing.

Last edited:

Inferno

Coach
He's been cited for a shoulder charge so injured or not he's out for a week.

It did look pretty shoulder chargy to me.

Frenzy.

Immortal
P.S. Been watching the Jax F injury. It won't be a cork like I thought. I think it's gonna be a bit worse.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He's been cited for a shoulder charge so injured or not he's out for a week.

It did look pretty shoulder chargy to me.

Yeah fo sho it was a SC. If it's grade 1 though he wouldn't have carry overs though would he? Early plea and play? Do you know the grade Inf?

Frenzy.

Immortal
OH shyte

Didn't know a Grade 1 SC carried 200 points. Bit steep

Player Jackson Ferris
Club Sharks
Minute of Match 37th
Charge/Incident Shoulder charge
Charge grade 1
7yrs incident free for discount? No
Base penalty for charge 200
Penalty points - early plea 180
Penalty points - guilty 240
Prior similar offences in last 2 years (50% loading) 0
Prior non-similar offences in last 2 years (20% loading) 0
Carry-over points to be added 0

Inferno

Coach
If he's injured for 2 weeks it would make more sense to contest it and then not turn up.

It would be less carry over points for him...

Ran a great line for his try but needs a ton of work on reading in defence.

Looked in all sorts on a lot of occasions.

His lateral movement in defence is really lacking and quick guys will expose him on a regular basis when they pick up on this.

Last edited: