What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
McKinnon quoted as saying we don't have the cash for Foran. The DT saying we 'may' have cash if he is willing to take a similar offer to the one the Dogs have made.

Burwood

Bench
It’s a shame Glasby won’t be medically retired before August 3 and we can’t take advantage of some of that money this year.

aqua_duck

Coach
In some good news, we've secured Clint Zammit to be out recruitment officer for Queensland and new Zealand. He finished with the cowboys yesterday and starts with us on Monday
Great signing, in my opinion hes the best talent scout in the business and by some way. If the cowboys had held on to all the gems he uncovered they'd be a top 4 team. Imagine their side with Ponga, Kikau, Brandon Smith, Braden Hamlin Uele, Corey Horsbaugh, and Felise Kaufusi. He's also the bloke who discovered Jason Taumalolo at 13 and poached a schoolboy Hamiso Tabuai Fidow from the Qld reds.

Yosh

Coach
Nice.

Foran is as injury prone as Watson... Would have been good to see two mates in Pearce and Watson combine for a premiership.

I'd like to see us with a 9 who is an organiser. Brailey might become that but it's a long way off with major injury.
Randall might be a possibility but that's possibly further off.
Obviously, in the mould of Cameron Smith would be perfect. The likes of Cook would be great.
I'm thinking an organiser at 9 would take pressure off others and allow them to focus more.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So from the sounds of it, seems like we aren’t looking to find another #6. Not sure how that will go because, as discussed, Pearce needs another organiser/play maker to take pressure off him, and Mann ain’t that player.
Not saying I haven’t been impressed with Mann this year, but the 6/7 combo we have now, doesn’t look to be a premiership winning pairing.

Knight Vision

First Grade
So from the sounds of it, seems like we aren’t looking to find another #6. Not sure how that will go because, as discussed, Pearce needs another organiser/play maker to take pressure off him, and Mann ain’t that player.
Not saying I haven’t been impressed with Mann this year, but the 6/7 combo we have now, doesn’t look to be a premiership winning pairing.
If we the fans can see it then surely AOB knows it. He just may not be in a position right at this moment to do anything about it.

He certainly wouldnt announce it to everyone and undermine the confidence of the player/s he currently has at his disposal.

At least I hope the above is correct or we are in for a long and frustrating time with whats remaining of Pearces tenure.

slotmachine

First Grade
They're going with Mann/Crossland/Hoy for the next couple of years.

Hope Crossland works out cause the other two aren't the type of player I think we need there.

Old dog

Juniors
Agreed, so unless Crosslands works out we won’t be making g/f with Pearce as just don’t think it will work

Knight Vision

First Grade
Agreed, so unless Crosslands works out we won’t be making g/f with Pearce as just don’t think it will work
no way known to man it will work. With Pearce we have an entire career to make that assessment, at NRL level and SOO level. He aint up to it on his lonesome

With the Rorters he could take them to a minor premiership with a dominant team full of champions but still couldnt take the chocolates come the pressure end of the season.

If he was up to it he's still be at the chooks.

aqua_duck

Coach
no way known to man it will work. With Pearce we have an entire career to make that assessment, at NRL level and SOO level. He aint up to it on his lonesome

With the Rorters he could take them to a minor premiership with a dominant team full of champions but still couldnt take the chocolates come the pressure end of the season.

If he was up to it he's still be at the chooks.
He also needed a dominant primary playmaker to do a lot of the kicking and come up with the spark whether it was Carney, Maloney or Keary

Old dog

Juniors
I don’t think the problem directly relates to Pearce’s ability, you don’t get picked for SOO that many times if lacking, think it’s more a case of him over trying, feeling he needs to do it all, needs to earn his money. Trouble is the harder he tries the worse it gets, he has to learn to share the load. He has gone from small fish in big pond to large fish in small pond, he needs to adjust. His kicking game will come when he releases the pressure from himself.
On form he deserves to be considered to be dropped but I don’t think that will happen, not this season

Latest posts