What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD12 Vs Sea Eagles

Flashstep

Juniors
Aekins is our backup fullback so there’s no real point in laying into him, especially after a performance like that. Need to remember that the Fullback has to organise the defence and if the coaching staff thinks he can handle that then it’s fine picking him until Edwards gets back if you ask me.

GongPanther

Referee
That was a near perfect game and I'd say Staines going off hurt the defensive cohesion a little. Cleary was epic.

Aekins sucks though. Love his safety under bombs but just kills basic attack and May had to go to fullback in attack on one play to fix it.
That was far from a "perfect game" as the Fox commentary were spouting. There was sections of gameplay were it looked like we were catching up in our attack. At times we were unstructured and clueless. But we are a young side and are still learning the ropes.

Munky

Coach
I love how our pack is built like an Origin pack in that there are no weak links in defence and our halves are great defenders too.

It means flashy halves can't try and step their way through weak links like Corey Walker did before being shown up at Origin level. Look how well he did against a weak Saints middle the other night.

Any half who tries to take on the line will get smashed by Martin or Kikau since they don't need to worry about Cleary or Jerome in defence.

Naden is a worry though, I'll give him a pass though since he hadn't had a single position to defend in for a good stretch of games.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep. But more importantly theres space wide and every touch he got he holfs the ball and dances around. Killing momentum and shutting down our attack.

He doesnt need to bust the line himself. Just keep pace with the team and spread the ball. Especially against a line with no defenders in it. His play off Nadens intercept cost us a try. All we had to do was spread it. But he just takes tackles.

He is too sideways. Often he just needs to straighten up and we score.

Munky

Coach
That was far from a "perfect game" as the Fox commentary were spouting. There was sections of gameplay were it looked like we were catching up in our attack. At times we were unstructured and clueless. But we are a young side and are still learning the ropes.

This is why I don't mind Aekins at FB, he won't be responsible for our attack needing to chase points.

He might not be great in attack but he won't cough up the ball after defending multiple straight sets.

We twice got drop outs in the second half when Manly players tried to take on the defensive line and got carried in goal. Aekins in the same situation made sure he was on the deck before that could happen.

WestyLife

First Grade

Well I said near perfect. Still a few things to work on but that game showed how good our best 17 will be come finals. Wasn't till after Staines went off and not having Edwards hurt.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well I said near perfect. Still a few things to work on but that game showed how good our best 17 will be come finals. Wasn't till after Staines went off and not having Edwards hurt.

Yep. Edwards, Capewell and To'o still to come in but starting to look better

age.s

First Grade
I'm not going to argue that Aekins is anything more than decent injury cover, but I just find it really hard to care. He'll be gone in a few weeks and we're serious premiership material.

Kev07

Juniors
Great team effort!
The whole bench was fantastic,all came on and maintained the momentum.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game, but very excited to. Sounds like an amazing performance!

I watched tonight live. The best game Penrith have played all year. DCE threw plently at the team too. Cleary was confident, calm and just steered the team around.

Had my big bro over for dinner and footy (he supports the Knights) he said Penrith forwards were unrelenting. Also he mentioned how good the bench were.

Again May filled a role when injury struck. He had a very sound game too.