What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Storm @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Storm v Knights

• Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Vision

First Grade
Can you imagine, big bad loss with Ponga, Pearce, and Klemmer playing poor/badly and then being dropped.
The Klemmernator will never warrant dropping, he and Barny are our most competitive players good or bad game they always give 110% .....if all our team gave as much as they did we'd be in the top 4

Johns Magic

Referee
I haven’t been as impressed by Moga as the consensus here seems to be.

He does look capable of creating something from a standing start. But I don’t think he has managed to create much this year. He seems to put himself in the standing start position too often for my liking. A less talented player can be a better attacker by attacking the ball and gaps.

There have been a couple of defensive efforts I would have liked to see him try harder on. One being I think when Foran put Tolman through a gap in the first half last week. I’ll have to watch again to be sure but I thought Moga’s initial attempt could have been better, then his chase was non-existent when really he was one of the main guys in a position to make the cover tackle.

I’ll take Shibasaki at the moment.

slotmachine

First Grade
Shibs had a world class stinker against the Cows, other than that he's been heaps better than Moga imo.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah agreed and Shib’s stinker was not an effort thing.

I am reluctant to say players aren’t trying hard enough because it’s impossible to really know their mentality and what is fair to say. But I think you can tell a player who prides himself on doing the effort plays, and that’s more impressive to me than a little more natural ability if there’s not a lot in it otherwise.

Really we should get to a position where all players make the effort plays regardless of talent, i.e. the Storm model.

Johns Magic

Referee
Eh? How is it personal?

Fitzgibbon has earned his place regardless of who his family is. You can criticise his form or quality if you want, but to imply he gets a leg-up based on his dad is insulting and total crap.

Jono078

Referee
We've really f**ked our ladder position up with a couple of shit efforts recently. We were primed for top 4 and now everyone is hot on our heels and we're battling to stay in the 8. It's not crazy to say we miss the 8 this year..

I think like most here, I'm not very enthusiastic about today's game. I think Melbourne win 13+ easily and well I guess we have a dig and don't look completely average.

K-Man

Bench
We've really f**ked our ladder position up with a couple of shit efforts recently. We were primed for top 4 and now everyone is hot on our heels and we're battling to stay in the 8. It's not crazy to say we miss the 8 this year..

I think like most here, I'm not very enthusiastic about today's game. I think Melbourne win 13+ easily and well I guess we have a dig and don't look completely average.

Not crazy at all, it could very easily happen. In fact if don't win today or next week I'd almost say it's likely that we do miss the finals.

What frustrates me is how any slight sense of complacency can ever possibly creep in the way it does for this group of players who still haven't achieved anything at all. This is a team that loved itself after a winning streak last season before going on a huge cold streak of terrible performances and results that completely derailed the season. So we have form in this area.

Sure, we'll probably aim up today and get the effort areas right before ultimately losing to the Storm. But this game is not the type that will cost us at the end, it's games like last week and against the Cowboys that will be our downfall. It's staggering to me that we can't get ourselves up for those games when we know full well how quickly a season can fall apart.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Don’t expect a Knights win, but want a performance like Canterbury are putting on right now.

Way out of their league, but committed effort from Dogs. Not too much too ask, is it?

Silent Knight

First Grade
Kalyn - blah blah blah we’ve had really good training sessions this week blah blah blah worked really hard blah blah blah more placate the fans crap

Nek minnit...watch this space.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I am reluctant to say players aren’t trying hard enough because it’s impossible to really know their mentality and what is fair to say
I look at the small things for the big picture.

Broncos winger intercept, he was allowed to run all the way around and score under the posts. No way that happens against the storm or Roosters. At the very least a last gap dive to loosen the ball..........our guys offered zip

Yosh

Coach
Fitzgibbon has earned his place regardless of who his family is. You can criticise his form or quality if you want, but to imply he gets a leg-up based on his dad is insulting and total crap.

Don't want to get into a stupid argument and I know what you're saying but I didn't insult no one.

Football is a business just like any other. If you think that there are any companies in the world that aren't affected by politics of this kind, you're kidding yourself.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Don't want to get into a stupid argument and I know what you're saying but I didn't insult no one.

Football is a business just like any other. If you think that there are any companies in the world that aren't affected by politics of this kind, you're kidding yourself.
absolutely, that's all business is- politics

K-Man

Bench
First 10-15 minutes is huge here, even more so than usual. We need to come out with a lot of intent, aim up defensively, but also take an opportunity to score if we get decent field position. I don't want to see passive play early on, especially from Pearce, where we go through the motions inside the opposition 20m and then kick it dead. Let's throw something at them at least.

Latest posts