What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gordsy

Juniors
Here's a bit of free coaching advice for Michael Maguire - Brooks off the bench doesn't work. So don't do it again.

Brooks is coming off the bench because if a half goes down and brooks has been given a four week holiday then we are even more f**ked.

Rhyno

First Grade
Tigers really gonna struggle next year with no Harry and benji
They’ll be a huge chance to collect the spoon next year

stryker

First Grade
Ok.... what marque signing could have we purchased for this 2020 season ?
And its fine to say Rosters develop a lot of talent .... but how do they miraculously keep them within the cap when they become stars ? Your very naive if you believe modern kids are going to forfeit thousands of dollars going elsewhere just to stay there because they love the place. They are arent losing money ... its just hidden.
Anyway i will agree that when like most clubs we spend overs on players we have to be a hell of a lot wiser .. AD for example is average as f**k .
I don’t know how they do it but they are compliant somehow. Only those with a fondness for tin foil truly believe they are cheating and no one can expose them...or worse still they turn a blind eye. Give me a break. They attract talent because they win and provide a saloon ride to rep squads. They have connections to set you up. Success breeds success and if you were a young bloke looking for it, you would only play for one of the shit clubs to gain exposure ala Tedesco. He used us, then at the right moment hitched his wagon to a glamour club and it is paying dividends far exceeding his salary.

Brooks looks lost, he appears to have no game management in his skills set up to guide the team about constructively, maybe not every pass, but every run or kick he makes is left to chance that it has a favourable out come for the WT.

Rowdy and Nofo ain’t gelling.

A reminder of what Mbye can do at fullback. I’d love to see AD do the same...

Sure, our forwards got dominated and putting Brooks on the bench was just plain stupid.
I don't get why putting Brooks on the bench is so bad. IMO we should not be paying overs for players. No. But there are too many teams in Sydney, the Sharks should be in the NSW Cup. The Warriors shouldn't be in the NRL either.

Brooks is coming off the bench because if a half goes down and brooks has been given a four week holiday then we are even more f**ked.

Yeah, well maybe. However, he has not missed a game since the restart has he?
BJ has just had an enforced break and comes straight back.
Grub has just had an enforced break and then was available but not used, guarantee he could play next week or whatever.

Brooks could be ‘rested’ from game day duties or at best be on extended bench and still be part of warmup but not be in the 17 allowing 4 forwards to be used on the bench.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Brooks looks lost, he appears to have no game management in his skills set up to guide the team about constructively, maybe not every pass, but every run or kick he makes is left to chance that it has a favourable out come for the WT.
When he comes on he tries to hard to make something happen, like he has to immediately impress the coach, but that just leads to errors.

super_coach

First Grade
Leadership is what we are missing more than anything. Players like Yeo from Riff, Cordner,JWH and even Tamou. Every week they deliver and drag the rest of the team with them. We have nobody yet, who takes control when things are going pear shape. We seem to be a team of 17 all doing their own thing.

Tiger05

First Grade
Leadership is what we are missing more than anything. Players like Yeo from Riff, Cordner,JWH and even Tamou. Every week they deliver and drag the rest of the team with them. We have nobody yet, who takes control when things are going pear shape. We seem to be a team of 17 all doing their own thing.

I completely disagree with the idea that leadership will fix the problem. We just don't have the talent. Our forwards were rolled over the top of, out backs lack class especially with BJ out and our spine is pretty useless. Grant has been our best player this season and he wasn't good at all against the Warriors.

We need better players. They aren't going to magically appear. We need to build a team up slowly and surely. I think Madge is doing that.

If the team were seriously all doing their one thing I'd sack the coach but I think Madge is one of the biggest positives that the club has.

I also don't think we are too far off. We are a middle of the road team. If we had Tommy Turbo, David Fifita, Payne Hass and a prime Andrew Johns we'd win the comp. We need an injection of class players especially in our spine.

stryker

First Grade
When he comes on he tries to hard to make something happen, like he has to immediately impress the coach, but that just leads to errors.
If he wants to impress, he should take to the field, assume control of the game and close out the win. He is in the unique position as the playmaker to sit back and watch how the opposition is playing and provide actions to counter that when he comes on.

stryker

First Grade
I completely disagree with the idea that leadership will fix the problem. We just don't have the talent. Our forwards were rolled over the top of, out backs lack class especially with BJ out and our spine is pretty useless. Grant has been our best player this season and he wasn't good at all against the Warriors.

We need better players. They aren't going to magically appear. We need to build a team up slowly and surely. I think Madge is doing that.

If the team were seriously all doing their one thing I'd sack the coach but I think Madge is one of the biggest positives that the club has.

I also don't think we are too far off. We are a middle of the road team. If we had Tommy Turbo, David Fifita, Payne Hass and a prime Andrew Johns we'd win the comp. We need an injection of class players especially in our spine.
Any team with those 4 in it would be a favourite for the title and to build up a squad with level of talent will take a long long time. We are talking about here and now.
SuperCoach is correct. The lack of on field leadership is costing wins currently. As soon as reasonable resistance to our game plan is felt, the boys resort to backing only themselves to score and forget about teamwork. We end up with 17 headless chooks which is easier to contain. We have to trust the game plan, implement it and play for the full 80. Can’t do that when no one is leading the team.
Look at Cronulla Friday night. They had to pick themselves up and comeback twice in the same game against a team desperate for the win at home and with a lot of their top players missing. Wade Graham led them to one of the best wins of the season. I doubt this squad has that sort of a win in them and those types of wins are the catalyst for finals appearances.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Thankfully we have a very assertive ferocious competitor & prolific try scoring speedster as our leader.MM the prototype player to rally the troops when the chips are down. No fkn wonder this club is FKD!

Since our inception into the NRL you could probably count the number of times on one hand that the WT have come from behind to win a game .

The Rosco

Bench
Tigers really gonna struggle next year with no Harry and benji
They’ll be a huge chance to collect the spoon next year
This bloke knows a helluva lot more than us about wooden spoons.
His parra are littered with them.
We should take his advice.

WA Tiger

Bench
Thankfully we have a very assertive ferocious competitor & prolific try scoring speedster as our leader.MM the prototype player to rally the troops when the chips are down. No fkn wonder this club is FKD!
I’ve seen Mbye yell at a team mate at the bulldogs ...He was fkn angry ..coz I think the half didn’t pass ..It didn’t drag on, but he is capable but he doesnt do it now,that I can tell

Latest posts