What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 roosters player of the year - titans 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
A win is a win.

I give them more of a pass mark than last week.

We were missing our starting 2nd rowers, our starting wingers and one starting centre. The edges were always going to be an issue.

We just need to ride out these injuries and mid season slump and we are a red hot chance.

3 Joey - was the only regular starter at 2-5 and it showed
2 SST
1 Flanno - thought he kept trying when nothing was happening

Other notes...

Poor sitilli is not a centre..

Hall is a dud. There wasn't much happening but ikuvalu at least got in a position to threaten a couple of times. Hall is just a passenger.

Congrats to Daniel fifita on his debut

A win is a win.

I give them more of a pass mark than last week.

We were missing our starting 2nd rowers, our starting wingers and one starting centre. The edges were always going to be an issue.

We just need to ride out these injuries and mid season slump and we are a red hot chance.

3 Joey - was the only regular starter at 2-5 and it showed
2 SST
1 Flanno - thought he kept trying when nothing was happening

Other notes...

Poor sitilli is not a centre..

Hall is a dud. There wasn't much happening but ikuvalu at least got in a position to threaten a couple of times. Hall is just a passenger.

Congrats to Daniel fifita on his debut

I completely agree with your assessment of this game.

I too was disappointed with Ryan Hall - I thought today was going to be his chance. Unfortunately my patience is starting to wear thin. Things haven't worked out and he definitely needs to go. It is a bit sad.

Sitili is definitely not a centre! I just hope Josh Morris is back (with Boydy) next week so Robbo does not keep persisting with him. If not, then it definitely needs to be Aubo.

Anyway:

1. Manu
2. Taki
3. Kyle

Onwards and upwards for this Thursday.

Agree with all comments above. In fairness to Sitili, he hasn’t had enough practice defending with Hall on the outside but geez that side was a liability all game.

I think it’s time we have an intervention with Friendy. Forward passes all day, kicks to nobody and constantly waving his hands like a busted scarecrow in the wind. I appreciate fatigue has become a factor in his game but talk of a contract extension isn’t deserved atm.

Ugly and fortunate win but expected given injuries. Anyone know why Jared didn’t play in the 2nd half? Sat on the bench in full kit. Looked ready to play so hopefully resting and not nursing an injury.

3. Manu
2. SST
1. Ikuvalu

Valheru

Coach
Agree with all comments above. In fairness to Sitili, he hasn’t had enough practice defending with Hall on the outside but geez that side was a liability all game.

I think it’s time we have an intervention with Friendy. Forward passes all day, kicks to nobody and constantly waving his hands like a busted scarecrow in the wind. I appreciate fatigue has become a factor in his game but talk of a contract extension isn’t deserved atm.

Ugly and fortunate win but expected given injuries. Anyone know why Jared didn’t play in the 2nd half? Sat on the bench in full kit. Looked ready to play so hopefully resting and not nursing an injury

I don't care about Jake waving his arms, all hookers do that but the forward passes are getting ridiculous. All he needs to do is take a couple of steps every time and then pass the ball, it isn't hard to work out one would think.

JWH is nursing a mild calf strain and i don't expect him to play next week. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point but no doubt we will still be ridiculous odds to beat dragons when they should be favourites. Fortunately, aside from Radley and Verrils, none of them are season ending injuries and all should be back well before finals. We just need to churn over wins however ugly and make sure we finish in that top 4.

Apparently Robbo said in the presser he doesn't expect any of the injured guys to return next week but i am thinking J-Moz will which will help immensely.

Also, next week is Aubos 300th so hopefully they can get home for him.

I don't care about Jake waving his arms, all hookers do that but the forward passes are getting ridiculous. All he needs to do is take a couple of steps every time and then pass the ball, it isn't hard to work out one would think.

JWH is nursing a mild calf strain and i don't expect him to play next week. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point but no doubt we will still be ridiculous odds to beat dragons when they should be favourites. Fortunately, aside from Radley and Verrils, none of them are season ending injuries and all should be back well before finals. We just need to churn over wins however ugly and make sure we finish in that top 4.

Apparently Robbo said in the presser he doesn't expect any of the injured guys to return next week but i am thinking J-Moz will which will help immensely.

I’m already expecting the adversity jibes lol. I hope Maubs has a great game as he’s been almost anonymous this year. Friend’s waving is bothering me as in I want him to just worry about his game and get on with it. Fingers crossed for next week.

JWH is nursing a mild calf strain and i don't expect him to play next week.

I thought a calf too, but I am seeing other references to a sternum injury. I hope not! Perhaps that is just speculation given he has had this previously.

You are right about Robbo in the presser, but he left the door open for Cordner possibly returning, but it will depend on his doctor.

Aubo will become the most capped Rooster soon, as he is closing in on both Ricko's and Mini's game tallies very rapidly. Congratulations to him, well deserved, and to such a top bloke and all!

Headless Chook

Juniors
We are just holding it together. Given all the "adversity" we are going through presently which other clubs can only imagine, we are still in a solid position to have a crack.

The Titans are a much improved side and it showed on Saturday. With little luck they might very well have rolled us.

3. Joey Manu
2. SST
1. Teddy

Latest posts