What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD12 Vs Sea Eagles

GongPanther

Referee
Woke up early to watch the FA Cup thinking it started at 3:30 am, but started an hour before...and of course watch a replay of the Panthers game. :)

WestyLife

First Grade
Hopefully, in 4 weeks, then ta tha to Whare, and or, Mansour. I can't wait to see the video tomorrow. I like seeing the Sea Eagles getting beaten.

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game, but very excited to. Sounds like an amazing performance!

Best game they've played. A few moments of bad attack and May had to jump into fullback in the attacking 20 to fix it in a set but overall so good. Sorry to say it but the bench was better with Lenui, Tetevano, Leota and May.

franklin2323

Immortal
Charlie needs a hard pre-season. Sauce will stay for 2020. Maybe in 2021 Staines takes his place.

The kid needs some muscle to help him fill out.

He was in and out of games last year too. 4-5kg of muscle will do him the world of good. Addo-Carr is 4kg bigger and still fast. That should be the aim

Fangs

Coach
Well that didn't go as expected. We absolutely demolished them. Granted they had a few injuries but it was clear who the better team was.

Staines is putting enormous pressure on Mansour/To'o. We haven't really seen him tested in defence or under the high ball but his skills in attack are tremendous.

One of our best performances of 2020. And one of our strongest sides named as well.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Staines is such a weapon. His speed gives us options we never had before. Giving the ball to him early in our own half (as we did against the Sharks) prevents opposition defenses from condensing.

His speed makes Clearys bombs more lethal as he is able to put pressure on the receivers even from our own half. The kid also knows how to find the try-line.

To think his normal position is fullback he certainly impresses.

kinghippo

Juniors
My favourite play of the game was cleary’s little grubber for himself for the try.
He has copped a lot of criticism in the past that he has no attacking vision and can’t play what’s in front of him.
I thought this try and his chip on the 5th after DCE rushed him were brilliant off the cuff pieces that showed off his developing skills.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
My favourite play of the game was cleary’s little grubber for himself for the try.
He has copped a lot of criticism in the pass that he has no attacking vision and can’t play what’s in front of him.
I thought this try and his chip on the 5th after DCE rushed him were brilliant off the cuff pieces that showed off his developing skills.

His cut out ball to Staines was better. Seldom seen in first grade but there it was. Positive signs.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Every week we play I keep thinking we will have to lose one soon but the boys keep turning up for each other and that was one of the best performances we have put in for a while. I know Ivan has his haters on here but this is one of the best starts to a season we have had in the clubs history and although there is still a long way to go this year he has every player playing to the best of their ability and I think he deserves credit for that.

Crashtest

Juniors
His cut out ball to Staines was better. Seldom seen in first grade but there it was. Positive signs.

The great pass was lost by the commentators because of Staines spectacular finish for the try. But that pass alone shows how far Cleary has progressed this season. I love that he threw it to where he wanted Staines to catch it, and that he had faith that Staines would have the speed to get to it.

There's going to be plenty of Cleary try assists to Staines in he future once Staines can stay on the field.

Crashtest

Juniors
I know Ivan has his haters on here but this is one of the best starts to a season we have had in the clubs history and although there is still a long way to go this year he has every player playing to the best of their ability and I think he deserves credit for that.

Totally agree with you there.The transformation between last season and this season is phenomenal. Especially when you compare that after 11 rounds last year we were 3 wins 8 losses, compared to the 9 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss this season.

The differences on the field in discipline, completion rates, defence and attack are clearly obvious. But a huge difference thats gone unnoticed in the media are the changes in the culture of the team, which is impressive to be able to achieve that in one off-season.

kinghippo

Juniors
Totally agree with you there.The transformation between last season and this season is phenomenal. Especially when you compare that after 11 rounds last year we were 3 wins 8 losses, compared to the 9 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss this season.

The differences on the field in discipline, completion rates, defence and attack are clearly obvious. But a huge difference thats gone unnoticed in the media are the changes in the culture of the team, which is impressive to be able to achieve that in one off-season.
I think new rules have favoured us a huge amount as well.
If you think about it, it’s well documented that we are getting the least amount of set restarts ( although I think we did ok yesterday), and giving away a lot.
Over the Last few years plenty of them would have been penalties, which are much more detrimental and someone often ended up in the bin.
Our style of relentless forward motion and quick play the balls is exhausting teams and is the kind of footy the new rules encourage.
We have adapted really well to the changes, which to me is a sign of hard work and planning throughout the club.