What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That I am taking this personally, and that I take a post, that wasn't aimed at me personally too, I'm not. It is either your view point, or the highway, that is arrogance.

Because I don’t agree with you, I’m arrogant? Well I guess 95% of the people on here are arrogant, because not many agree with what you’re saying.

Try providing a reason for your point of view, maybe you could come up with a valid point and I could agree with you.

maple_69

Bench
As much as I’d be happy to have Hethro back and into the rotation, I think we are constantly yearning after the next young kid. Tamou is doing the job very very well right now and we finally have the hard nosed, experienced leaders we have lacked the last 5 years. I think if we can get Tamou on a 2x450K we do it, even if we lose Hethro and Ellis. We’ll churn out a couple more in that time.

Even better, find a taker for Tetevano’s last year and run 8. Tamou 9. Api 10. JFH 11. Kikau 12. Martin 13. Yeo 14. May 15. Hetherington 16. Leniu 17. Leota. Starting back row can all go 80 if needed, there’s barely a drop off in grunt up front plus you have 3 guys that can change the complexion of of the game if needed.

Jane Murray

Bench
Because I don’t agree with you, I’m arrogant? Well I guess 95% of the people on here are arrogant, because not many agree with what you’re saying.

Try providing a reason for your point of view, maybe you could come up with a valid point and I could agree with you.

I quote "your wrong" is arrogant. That is all.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There is an article in the telegraph today “Tamou drops panthers bombshell on future “but it’s pay walled to me.

There is nothing in it that we don't already know.

I think it's about years on the contract. Penrith I understand are only offering 1 year. Why wouldn't you when you have Fish, Tetevano, Lenui. Jack already on the books.

Tamou saying how he doesn't want to leave the area (all that kind of rot)

If I was the club I offer 1 year, with a lower margin (money) if the 2nd year is taken up.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t think we will sign anyone tbh, we will just promote guys into the top squad. We have good depth atm. Mwz showed he can come in and play well if we need him, we will have Whare and Too fit soon which will push him well down the depth chart plus May can play centre if we are desperate. The forwards are a little thin if we get a few injuries there but Tetevano looks to be back this week and Capewell soon, we will be leaving good players out soon and we could always recall Jack if needed.

Tyrone May played edge backrower last week. If he is 3rd in line then we have issues. If Smith wasn't 'ready' to play just a random game. Then with no longer grades how is he right to go in a semi?

Bob

Juniors
There is an article in the telegraph today “Tamou drops panthers bombshell on future “but it’s pay walled to me.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...1/news-story/6c71e4fd25d4ed4b5ca9c0405d86b1e0

James Tamou contract: Penrith captain could quit Panthers for season 2021
JAMES PHELPS, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
August 1, 2020 7:00am
Subscriber only
James Tamou has put himself on the open market with the Panthers captain revealing his last NRL deal may not be with Penrith.

In a statement that will have cashed-up clubs knocking down his door, Tamou admitted his glittering career could finish at a rival club with the man that has led the Panthers to the top of the table declaring he is “open to offers”.

“I will still be at my best for another couple of seasons,” Tamou said.

“And I will look at everything that is put in front of me.”

Coming off contract at the end of this year, Tamou, 31, will give Penrith first shot at signing him to what could be his final deal.

“I have loved being the leader and captain of this club,” Tamou said.

“And my first choice is to stay. I have four young kids and they are all settled in the area so I would love to stay in Penrith. But as I have gotten older and wiser, I have realised that sometimes things don’t work out that way. But Penrith will be my first choice.”

Set to go to war with the Sea Eagles’ pack on Saturday when Penrith resume their premiership assault, Tamou declared he will go on for at least another two years following a barnstorming 2020 season where he has played arguably the best football of his 11-year NRL career.

The former Australian Test star has run more metres than every other Penrith forward except for James Fisher-Harris this year to spearhead the Panthers’ charge to the top of the ladder.

“The end is nearing but I still have a fair bit left,” Tamou said.

4c9623fd42f78e02e61f1ddc67241c6e

James Tamou has been in stellar form for the Panthers in 2020 and wants to play for two more seasons. Picture: Phil Hillyard
“I know I still have plenty to offer because of the way I am feeling and the way I am playing. I wouldn’t be putting myself out there to play on If I knew I wasn’t going to be at my best. I won’t be one of those players that goes a year too long. I will be able to give my best.”

Tamou said becoming a leader had inspired him to become arguably the best footballer he has ever been.

“I am pretty happy with the way it is all going,” Tamou said.

“I would say at this age it is the best I have been. I am a bit older and the leadership role suits me.

5e84b4c1033b533b58c7c13e3785fb0b

James and Brittney Tamou are settled in Penrith with their children. Picture: Peter Carruthers
“I know what my job is. I am better in a way because of that. I have a team-first mentally and it brings the best out in me personally.”

Tamou is looking forward to locking horns with Addin Fonua-Blake and Marty Taupau at Lottoland on Saturday.

“The Sea Eagles are always tough at their fortress,” Tamou said.

“They have some big boys that we will have to stand up to but we are ready for the job. I am expecting a gritty game and we all need to be ready to front up and do our jobs. We will have our hands full against their middle third, especially with Fonua-Blake and Marty Taupau.”

Panfa

Juniors
I think its in tamous best interests to look elsewhere he wont get a 3yr deal with us.He will get more money and a longer deal elsewhere.We have fisher harris leota tetevano leniu hetherington need to find spots in the 17 for the young guys.Id also tap mansour and whare on the shoulder also.These guys are holding back staines naden mcgrady and laurie.The rest of the squad is fine.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think its in tamous best interests to look elsewhere he wont get a 3yr deal with us.He will get more money and a longer deal elsewhere.We have fisher harris leota tetevano leniu hetherington need to find spots in the 17 for the young guys.Id also tap mansour and whare on the shoulder also.These guys are holding back staines naden mcgrady and laurie.The rest of the squad is fine.

Club like the dogs could give him a nice retirement contract.

Munky

Coach
Tamou is a hard one.

The bloke just screams leader and conducts himself brilliantly off the field. He obviously has the respect of the young blokes.

Almost a damned if you do damned if you don't.

betcats

Referee
Tyrone May played edge backrower last week. If he is 3rd in line then we have issues. If Smith wasn't 'ready' to play just a random game. Then with no longer grades how is he right to go in a semi?

Kikau, Capewell, Martin, Burns, May. What kind of player do you think we are going to sign to sit behind all those guys? We have fantastic depth I just don’t see any need for another signing

soc123_au

Staff member
Kikau, Capewell, Martin, Burns, May. What kind of player do you think we are going to sign to sit behind all those guys? We have fantastic depth I just don’t see any need for another signing
Same. I think we are well served across the board. Also plenty of kids coming through to create selection & retention headaches for years to come the way things are looking with the academy setup. If someone like Teddy or JT came knocking you would roll out the carpet, but hopefully the days of picking up the discards from other clubs are well behind us.

franklin2323

Immortal

There is a reason it is a 30 man squad. May is too small to start a semi at second rower. Burns was dropped for poor form

Bodene Thompson I'd get as no Toronto games. Better to have him and not need him than to be short and regret not getting someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts