What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

Kornstar

Coach
First 2 set restarts were against Mahoney hanging around the ball too long... the last one against NRown was bullshit.

No problem with the set restarts against us but i find it odd that the Dogs have been perfect for 40 minutes when we can see they haven’t been. When they are holding on too long the referee is just not paying attention.

Kornstar

Coach
Moses just gave Mahoney a gob full for those three crash balls in a row. He needs to go back to just giving it to the halves

We’ve had a bit of an obsession with doing that this year, not sure why because we always seem so flat when they do it and don’t have a massive amount of momentum for said crash players to push through.

emjaycee

Coach
They never work, he has done it all the timne of late.
I like them... we haven't had the forwards that have let them be effective for the last few years and with Paulo, Kaufusi, Evans and RCG I reckon the crash runs close to the line are good value. Paulo getting the ball away twice recently has led to tries to Mahoney and Moses (today) and worse case it compress the defence to the middle for the next play.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Has Reed had a decent game since he re-signed?

His form has dropped off a bit, but I reckon it's more likely down to how many minutes he's playing.

I really like Arthur, and I am a huge fan of Mahoney, but I believe Arthur needs to have an option to give Reed a break every now and then - particularly if we have the game in hand (I don't mean this game necessarily; there are still 40 minutes to go).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I like them... we haven't had the forwards that have let them be effective for the last few years and with Paulo, Kaufusi, Evans and RCG I reckon the crash runs close to the line are good value. Paulo getting the ball away twice recently has led to tries to Mahoney and Moses (today) and worse case it compress the defence to the middle for the next play.
Nothing wrong with him going with them but 3 times in a row when the halfback is screaming for ball probably isn;t the right way to go.

Noise

Coach
That’s not so good when the next play is another crash ball when the defence is compressed . Nor it is good when he tries it a third time in a row with a compressed defence.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ruck infringements
Parra 4-0

Penalties
Parra 7-1

Work that one out?

It's weird.

The ref is trying to tell us that the Dogs have been angels in the ruck.

I mean, Lafai is trying to take Gutherson's head off every time he tackles him - but their ruck discipline is perfect?

Eelementary

Post Whore
F**king Anasta.

In reference to the penalty count - “surely Parra isn’t that much better disciplined than the dogs”

what about the restart count ya muppet.

And just minutes before that, the muppet was spouting off saying that we were frustrating the Dogs into poor decisions.

And yet that doesn't explain their poor discipline, apparently...

Braid Canasta is an oxygen thief, tbh...