What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

You'd want to hope TFH would take indigenous round seriously, they nearly tore up a contract over a gaffe from Ryan James after all.

Well they have here with the Sharks..

Just like indigenous heritage in general, you wouldn’t put a corporate brand logo over a painting, mural, sign etc... so if they want to really respect the indigenous round I’d think more sponsors would do what TFH have done..

And taking it one step further, they could have their branding presented in more of a indigenous “theme”... tying in with the whole reason for the round. I think it would be an absolute winner for the teams and the companies

flippikat

Bench
1596170229239-png.923852

Stay classy, Titans... ;)

isavedtheday

Juniors
cowboys2020women.jpg Cowboys 2020 Women in League jersey. I found it on their store, but if you click on it, comes up with a 404. I'm guessing it's not meant to be released yet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
EeYvVnmUEAAvz-m

Dogs indigenous with Laundy on it - hard to see from this angle but it looks like a custom cut patch so it intrudes on as little of the indigenous design as possible.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Well they have here with the Sharks..

Just like indigenous heritage in general, you wouldn’t put a corporate brand logo over a painting, mural, sign etc... so if they want to really respect the indigenous round I’d think more sponsors would do what TFH have done..

And taking it one step further, they could have their branding presented in more of a indigenous “theme”... tying in with the whole reason for the round. I think it would be an absolute winner for the teams and the companies

Could come off as terrible if not done correctly

Getting 48 brands to have an alternate indigenous logo, that doesn't look kitch or racist could take 20 years to pull off

Jackson Allison

Juniors
I think we will see only the home teams in the indigenous for the bad clashes, which is unfortunate and defeats the purpose of the round, the teams should of looked at the fixture and designed around that. If theres a clash, and you are the away team, then base your indigenous off your away strip
Well all 16 clubs wore their Indigenous Jerseys this round, therefore showing that clubs care more about paying their respects to the Indigenous people than actually making it easier for the viewers to differentiate between the two teams playing.

beave

Coach
View attachment 40435 Cowboys 2020 Women in League jersey. I found it on their store, but if you click on it, comes up with a 404. I'm guessing it's not meant to be released yet.

Their ANZAC jersey is similar, you can buy it in store but not online (well that was a few days ago that I last checked).

Not that I want to buy one. it’s pure ass this year

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Still a few problems, but that has been easily the best run indigenous round since it was first introduced in 08ish!!!!

all clubs participating and wearing their jumpers on the same weekend, the NRL.com sit is doing some nice stuff too.

im guessing this is down to Andrew Abdo. He has been talking about the NRLs branding issues for a long time

greenBV4

Bench
1596170229239-png.923852

Design is a bit meh, but i love the colour combo!!

Itd be great if GC stuck with this permanently and carved out a unique brand
Is it not the same colour combo they have had since day one? Just with more light blue than dark (as it should be)

I've always defended "2 blues and gold" as a colour combo for the GC, it suits it