What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Tigers

Campion

Juniors
Can we keep Hetherington? That guy is pure energy (even if he has the odd mistake in him). Similar to Jazz in that way (who gets a bit of beef here but I think is really good regardless).

sup42

Juniors
3. Hiku
2. Hetherington
1, Lawton

Are the Warriors fitter because of their stay in Oz? They didn't fade as bad as usual.

Did Kodi win his bet?
I have the same list in that order.

I think the not having to travel thing is showing through now, they really do look fresh every week compared to past seasons.

The other good news is that this playing in Aus situation is not going to change in the next two years.

We need to move from Penrose. This is a good chance to do so. Covid is here forever so we need to think outside the square. These are the times. Staying in Australia is the key to also staying included in this competition. If we make it harder for the NRL to commence in 2021 they will cut us completely.

Hawks

Juniors
Can we keep Hetherington? That guy is pure energy (even if he has the odd mistake in him). Similar to Jazz in that way (who gets a bit of beef here but I think is really good regardless).
I'm hoping with Panthers going so well they will need to up grade contracts to there young guns who are killing it therefore they could be thinking lose 1 player or lose 3 or 4 future stars.

Tongue

Juniors
Man, how hard is it to predict outcomes of Warriors games.
I had Madge having the tigers prepared to beat us up. But the opposite kind of happened in that we physically dominated.

Early days yet, but just goes to show change of voice and change of message with essentially the same squad, can have quite the noticeable change of performance, attitude and belief.

Be interesting to know, if the attitude to training that the loan players bring has had a positive result on the rest of the squad. Or is the improvement solely down to new coaching?

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Peta Hiku

Hiku 38
Hetherington 18
Harris 14

Nikorima 13
Lawton 9
Tevaga 2
Burr 2

16 voted

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Jazz is getting bagged for a bad error, but I counted Hetherington giving away 3 or 4 play the ball penalties which in any other year would be enough to say he had a shocker? But because they don't stop play and highlight it, he gets away with it in the eyes of the fans?

Also I'm baffled at how everyone seems to have gone off Jazz, just as I've finally warmed to him.....it makes no sense that a 90kg can do what he does, but he just keeps digging into the line and getting offloads away to boot.

Meth

Staff member
Jazz is getting bagged for a bad error, but I counted Hetherington giving away 3 or 4 play the ball penalties which in any other year would be enough to say he had a shocker? But because they don't stop play and highlight it, he gets away with it in the eyes of the fans?

Also I'm baffled at how everyone seems to have gone off Jazz, just as I've finally warmed to him.....it makes no sense that a 90kg can do what he does, but he just keeps digging into the line and getting offloads away to boot.

Yeah, I'm not as hot on Hetherington as others are. But its great having his frame in the middle of the field.

re Tevaga- I think we are kind of in a perpetual state of confusion and flux about him. At least, I am.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I have loved what Hetherington has brought to the table, I thought he was a complete meathead, I totally underrated what he brought in terms of speed and an offload on attack.

However, whenever one bloke gives away multiple penalties per game that's pretty bad. Not sure if it was discussed much a few weeks back, but I noticed Murchie was the same and I never saw it mentioned elsewhere.

Big Marn

Juniors
I have loved what Hetherington has brought to the table, I thought he was a complete meathead, I totally underrated what he brought in terms of speed and an offload on attack.

However, whenever one bloke gives away multiple penalties per game that's pretty bad. Not sure if it was discussed much a few weeks back, but I noticed Murchie was the same and I never saw it mentioned elsewhere.
are you talking about set restarts Manu? Ive checked 2 separate stat sites and Hetherington didnt concede any penalties, but did have 3 ruck infringements (6 again), most out of any player in our team. I dont mind that so much if it gives the team a chance to set their D and its on the first or 2nd tackle - a common strat throughout the comp.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
are you talking about set restarts Manu? Ive checked 2 separate stat sites and Hetherington didnt concede any penalties, but did have 3 ruck infringements (6 again), most out of any player in our team. I dont mind that so much if it gives the team a chance to set their D and its on the first or 2nd tackle - a common strat throughout the comp.

Yes. And I don't really agree with minimising the significance of what, essentially, is a penalty (minus about 20 metres I guess). The ones he conceded weren't when we were particularly under the pump anyway.

That's 3 set restarts and yet Jazz will get bagged for 1 error?

Meth

Staff member
Yes. And I don't really agree with minimising the significance of what, essentially, is a penalty (minus about 20 metres I guess). The ones he conceded weren't when we were particularly under the pump anyway.

That's 3 set restarts and yet Jazz will get bagged for 1 error?

I think, with Jazz, it's the kind of error or penalty that he gives away. I'm not making this comment relative to Hetherington- his errors didn't escape my attention. But with Tevaga, it's predictable- he's going to make an error or give away a stupid penalty, precisely at the time when you don't need him to.

JJ

Immortal
I like them both, at this point I'll tolerate mistakes for effort... we can gradually fix the latter - might as well be rubbish and go after the game.... I'd imagine mistakes are similar for them, so with the big man I'm more forgiving... and Jazz does seem to give away spectacularly dumb and unnecessary penalties - but again because he's having a real crack...

vvvrulz

Coach
Jazz shouldn't be the one required to make the big contact. He'll ping pong around trying to make big hit ups but he's the sort of guy you want scooping up a good tackle 3 run, steal 10 quick metres and get an offload away.

He serves well as a busy jack-of-all-trades, but he's gotta cut out the bullshit mistakes.

Latest posts