What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

Wally21

Bench
Steve Georgallis is a good coach and deserves an opportunity somewhere. He has already made an impact with the Dogs. I’d take him as an assistant if Barrett doesn’t keep him.
Avenger did he take over as caretaker at Penrufff at one stage as well? Or is my dementia kicking in??

Incorrect

Coach
Steve Georgallis is a good coach and deserves an opportunity somewhere. He has already made an impact with the Dogs. I’d take him as an assistant if Barrett doesn’t keep him.
He did well from memory when he took the caretaker role at the Panthers a few years back too...

hindy111

Post Whore
based in today, you’re 100% spot on

Hmm the last month we battled to beat the Dogs,Knights,Tigers and lost to Manly. I think we have just been good enough to win games but could of lost today and to the Knights.
Add that we got lucky first time to Manly and just beat Penrith who where the better side for most the game. And knocked Raiders off in golden point.
In one score games we have won 6/7. Those are not dominant wins. All could of been lost.
There is a lot of work to do and BA needs to work on a few tricks come finals. Aslong as keep getting points and finish top 4 for now is fine but if he expects this same style to bring home the big prize he is delusional.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
While not happy with the performance, dogs do lift against us.

Also a lot of sides do struggle in the middle of the year, it’s pretty difficult to stay at your best all the year. The better sides normally get the “ugly” wins in the middle 3rd of the season, then come home strong.

hindy111

Post Whore
Good win without any halves. Gutho and Jnr our halves. I get that Mitch has a ginger calf, but FFS Dylbags take control n help out.

But you don't like those controlling halves. Remember how ordinary Nathan is right. All he can do is kick you to death and stick to a game plan. No good right?

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's more for me our attack is going backwards cause it's far to predictable. Plenty of time to turn it around but BA it past sticks to the same style for the full season.

Watch how the Storm and Rooster mix it up in attack. And the team that realy is starting to put it together are the Panthers. I feel our squad can beat all of them and perhaps a lot of our players need bigger games to get that energy and intensity going. I still feel like Moses will be hit and miss in finals. We just want to hope he hits a purple patch. The other sides halves are far more robotic and structured and will execute far better.

Roosters have been bog average last couple of weeks, lucky to get the win v Titans, very lucky

PARRA_FAN

Coach
One of the ugliest wins Ive ever witnessed.

What the hell happened in the second half?

They wont beat Cronulla with that performance

hindy111

Post Whore
Roosters have been bog average last couple of weeks, lucky to get the win v Titans, very lucky

Yeah this is true. I think they have dropped a gear. But come finals will be dangerous. I still do feel come finals a lot of our players will go up a few gears. We have a few older guys who don't want to put in 100% each week.
You do not want to burn out but polished sides like Storm seem to be able to play with low energy and still win by 13+

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm pleased that our defensive attitude was there on display, when the game was on the line, and the Dogs were dominating the game.

But - as much as I admire the Dogs' fight, and courage - I'm not happy with our last tackle options.

Moses was ordinary, and Brown pretty much non-existent.

We defended well, for the most part, which is pleasing, because we seem to have lost our way in defence for a while there - but our attacking options need a lot of work.

But I suppose 2 points are 2 points....

Pugzley

qWw49oa.gif

Nice escape there.

Tooooks

Bench
It’s not panic stations yet, but four weeks of pretty poor performances isn’t great. I thought after a ten day turn around, on a dry track with a near full strength team we’d win comfortably. But I’m sure Roosters (struggled to beat cellar dwellers two weeks in a row) and Penrith (far from convincing against Cows and Titans) wouldn’t be too concerned and nor should we. Yet.

Our attack looks disorganised and ineffective close to the line. Our right edge defence has shown no improvement at all. The worst attacking side in the comp looked dangerous every time they went that way. I hope we’re not paying Joey too much because I’ve seen no improvement in our halves whatsoever.

Lane needs a spell. 6 missed tackles is not good enough (NRL stats) plus there was that crucial steal from him. I’d give Davey a start in his place.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hmm the last month we battled to beat the Dogs,Knights,Tigers and lost to Manly. I think we have just been good enough to win games but could of lost today and to the Knights.
Add that we got lucky first time to Manly and just beat Penrith who where the better side for most the game. And knocked Raiders off in golden point.
In one score games we have won 6/7. Those are not dominant wins. All could of been lost.
There is a lot of work to do and BA needs to work on a few tricks come finals. Aslong as keep getting points and finish top 4 for now is fine but if he expects this same style to bring home the big prize he is delusional.

I'd argue that Manly got lucky against us the second time around - 4 tries apiece, and we only lost on goal-kicking...