What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

strider

Post Whore
Am i right to say our only 6 again was with 5 minutes remaining?

I dont mean to whinge ... but f**k me dead what a f**king joke, ffs, f**king, f**k

Lets be fair dinkum. Every team in the nrl realistically makes about 10 infringements worth a 6 again every f**king game

Eelementary

Post Whore
It’s not panic stations yet, but four weeks of pretty poor performances isn’t great. I thought after a ten day turn around, on a dry track with a near full strength team we’d win comfortably. But I’m sure Roosters (struggled to beat cellar dwellers two weeks in a row) and Penrith (far from convincing against Cows and Titans) wouldn’t be too concerned and nor should we. Yet.

Our attack looks disorganised and ineffective close to the line. Our right edge defence has shown no improvement at all. The worst attacking side in the comp looked dangerous every time they went that way. I hope we’re not paying Joey too much because I’ve seen no improvement in our halves whatsoever.

Lane needs a spell. 6 missed tackles is not good enough (NRL stats) plus there was that crucial steal from him. I’d give Davey a start in his place.

I suppose one positive way to look at it is like this:

We have played very, very average footy for 4 consecutive weeks, and our record sits at 3 wins, and only 1 loss.

I'm a little annoyed at our performance today, but a win is a win.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Am i right to say our only 6 again was with 5 minutes remaining?

I dont mean to whinge ... but f**k me dead what a f**king joke, ffs, f**king, f**k

Lets be fair dinkum. Every team in the nrl realistically makes about 10 infringements worth a 6 again every f**king game

Whinge away, brother - you are 100% correct.

Tooooks

Bench
I suppose one positive way to look at it is like this:

We have played very, very average footy for 4 consecutive weeks, and our record sits at 3 wins, and only 1 loss.

I'm a little annoyed at our performance today, but a win is a win.

At least we had a good start this week and yes, for the most part our defence was good. They had a mountain of possession and field position in the second half.

Eelementary

Post Whore
At least we had a good start this week and yes, for the most part our defence was good. They had a mountain of possession and field position in the second half.

Definitely.

We need to be better, but playing poorly, and finding a way to grind out a win, is always a positive.

Definitely.

We need to be better, but playing poorly, and finding a way to grind out a win, is always a positive.

If the Bulldogs has a decent half other than Lewis along side Foran then they win that game. Lewis is shit and his shitness saved us.

for me the only positives were our front rowers. Absolutely amazing!

Eelementary

Post Whore
If the Bulldogs has a decent half other than Lewis along side Foran then they win that game. Lewis is shit and his shitness saved us.

for me the only positives were our front rowers. Absolutely amazing!

Yeah, I'm not too happy, even though we got the win.

But playing poorly, and defending your way to a win, is pretty important, I think.

We need to be better, but funnily enough, it's our lacklustre attack that needs tweaking, imo.

Going left on every attacking raid is predictable, and kind of stupid - we have an excellent finisher on the right wing, who is just catching a cold all game.

Reed Mahoney had another shocker. He doesn’t run from dummy half even with The front row absolutely killing it. Everyone says how good his passing game is from dummy half. He’s been f**king shocking for the 5 weeks just with his passing game. He needs to do better. Maybe the contract extension was the worst thing to happen for him.

Noise

Coach
Yeah, I'm not too happy, even though we got the win.

But playing poorly, and defending your way to a win, is pretty important, I think.

We need to be better, but funnily enough, it's our lacklustre attack that needs tweaking, imo.

Going left on every attacking raid is predictable, and kind of stupid - we have an excellent finisher on the right wing, who is just catching a cold all game.
We went right a number of times too but just shifted the ball without any deception or straightening of the attack. That’s on Moses.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Hmm the last month we battled to beat the Dogs,Knights,Tigers and lost to Manly. I think we have just been good enough to win games but could of lost today and to the Knights.
Add that we got lucky first time to Manly and just beat Penrith who where the better side for most the game. And knocked Raiders off in golden point.
In one score games we have won 6/7. Those are not dominant wins. All could of been lost.
There is a lot of work to do and BA needs to work on a few tricks come finals. Aslong as keep getting points and finish top 4 for now is fine but if he expects this same style to bring home the big prize he is delusional.

Yet we've won those close games on the back of our defence. It's all too easy too pick the close games and say hey , they could have gone either way, fact is they didn't, and to take the two pints you only need to win by one.

I'd much rather go into finals with attack not clicking than our defence, by then it's too late to fix it.

Noise

Coach
Reed Mahoney had another shocker. He doesn’t run from dummy half even with The front row absolutely killing it. Everyone says how good his passing game is from dummy half. He’s been f**king shocking for the 5 weeks just with his passing game. He needs to do better. Maybe the contract extension was the worst thing to happen for him.
Yep, he offers no running game, his passing game has gone to shit and is now making poor decisions as well.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yet we've won those close games on the back of our defence. It's all too easy too pick the close games and say hey , they could have gone either way, fact is they didn't, and to take the two pints you only need to win by one.

I'd much rather go into finals with attack not clicking than our defence, by then it's too late to fix it.

Your are 100%
I am not overly concerned. Playing poor and winning.
Rheed needs to run from dummy half though. I'd bring W.Smith onto bench for a bit of spark around ruck for 20mins.

Delboy

First Grade
In the NRL, the dummy half has to take a fair bit of control , look at Api and Cam and what they do to change tempo and structure. Reed has to offer a bit more, today he again fired too many blanks.
In today’s Junior league game , the first part of the game with an OK 9, we were down 12-0 agst last years grand final team, managed to get a rep hooker on and we ran out winners . That’s the difference maker a good 9 makes, and Reed can do it, but hasn’t so far this year.

I dislike Phil Gould as much as the other person. But every now and again he will say something that’s on the money. And when he mentioned our mental toughness a few weeks back. I thought what a knob. But after the last 4 weeks performances maybes he’s right.

Soto

Bench
3 opportunities to run when there was no marker or 1...and I'm sure its coaches instructions to pass but vision to run seems to be lacking..
Lots of posts abt the game..
- I will say this Dogs lifted big time
- We look bereft of ideas attacking 20 out
- The right side attack is completely non existent..needs to be rectified asap
- Use of the bench is head scratching..need better use and rotation of the bench
- Moses needs to run and straighten attack up more..
- Sick of seeing inside ball and hitup on the 4th tackle..wasted play
- less gutho in the attack today and we didn't look as good
- Matto back will help the defence on the right side.
Just glad we got the 2pts..
Hopefully they are at home and in bed focusing on massive improvement for sharks game

Latest posts