What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
It's a little thing and in all likelihood completely irrelevant, but I noticed the way Shaun Lane shook hands with teammates compared to the opposition. Almost brushing Eels players, but full proper handshakes with the other team... Just didn't look right...
He is a fkn journeyman who hit the jackpot at Parra, if your not happy piss off to someone who will pay u more, there not out there!!!

Gronk

Staff member
But you don't like those controlling halves. Remember how ordinary Nathan is right. All he can do is kick you to death and stick to a game plan. No good right?
What ? Our half is on one leg. Nathan is lucky, has a very good 6 who creates points. Our 6 still has his training wheels on.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I dislike Phil Gould as much as the other person. But every now and again he will say something that’s on the money. And when he mentioned our mental toughness a few weeks back. I thought what a knob. But after the last 4 weeks performances maybes he’s right.

Mentally weak teams don't defend their way to victory, they drop their heads and get smashed.

Any Parra fan would know this from experience.

Gronk

Staff member
Mentally weak teams don't defend their way to victory, they drop their heads and get smashed.

Any Parra fan would know this from experience.
Yeah I don’t buy that either. I thought today when our 7 was well off the pace with his leg that the rookies 6 and 9 could have helped out, but they just don’t have enough games in the bank.

Incorrect

Coach
Yep, he offers no running game, his passing game has gone to shit and is now making poor decisions as well.
He distributes the ball straight away and gives no consideration to running the ball between our own goal line and the next 90 metres of the field... As soon as we're inside the opposition 10 he starts ball playing from acting half. It has worked, don't get me wrong (Stone's try v the Raiders for example) but mostly it's ineffective.

But all of that can't be just Reed's decision making and him playing as he sits fit, there must be some instruction behind that...

Incorrect

Coach
What ? Our half is on one leg. Nathan is lucky, has a very good 6 who creates points. Our 6 still has his training wheels on.
Luai creates points?? When did that happen?

Api Koroisau is the player that keeps the Panther's attack ticking. Not the 6...

hindy111

Post Whore
I dislike Phil Gould as much as the other person. But every now and again he will say something that’s on the money. And when he mentioned our mental toughness a few weeks back. I thought what a knob. But after the last 4 weeks performances maybes he’s right.

Gould knows footy better then most.

hindy111

Post Whore

The no 6 has same experience as Dylan. Their hooker creates more but our fullback crates 10 x the amount of Edwards or Aitken.

I never rated Nathan that high but his form this year is unbelievable. Let's hope Dylan becomes as good or better.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Yeah but also isn’t mental toughness looking shot with 20 to go and just hanging in there to get the win?

While our performances haven’t been great last few weeks, I reckon it’s our improved mental toughness that has got us a few wins. Previous years we lose those games.

Noise

Coach
He distributes the ball straight away and gives no consideration to running the ball between our own goal line and the next 90 metres of the field... As soon as we're inside the opposition 10 he starts ball playing from acting half. It has worked, don't get me wrong (Stone's try v the Raiders for example) but mostly it's ineffective.

But all of that can't be just Reed's decision making and him playing as he sits fit, there must be some instruction behind that...
He shouldn't be doing any play making at this stage. He is horrible at it. It worked once. I've seen Moses give him a gobful a couple of times in the last few games which indicates he is definitely over playing his hand when attacking the opposition's line. It's like since he signed his contract he thinks he is the second coming of Cameron Smith.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've also said this before. The times Rheed does run he kind of looks around for a better option and then just jogs to the line. He needs to just pin the ears back sometimes and pull the trigger. It may not be the best option all the time but atheist it takes away the predictable and puts defence into two minds.

I remember in juniors this kid was always darting out of dummy half. Strange how it has completely disappeared.

Wally21

Bench
3 opportunities to run when there was no marker or 1...and I'm sure its coaches instructions to pass but vision to run seems to be lacking..
Lots of posts abt the game..
- I will say this Dogs lifted big time
- We look bereft of ideas attacking 20 out
- The right side attack is completely non existent..needs to be rectified asap
- Use of the bench is head scratching..need better use and rotation of the bench
- Moses needs to run and straighten attack up more..
- Sick of seeing inside ball and hitup on the 4th tackle..wasted play
- less gutho in the attack today and we didn't look as good
- Matto back will help the defence on the right side.
Just glad we got the 2pts..
Hopefully they are at home and in bed focusing on massive improvement for sharks game
Bang on soto

Latest posts