What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD12 Vs Sea Eagles

Jane Murray

Bench
Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't have any doubts really. I bet he is a gun goal kicker and would probably be a great 6 as well. He looks very skilful.

He just hasn't had a the blowtorch put on him yet and the better teams will send traffic his way. Especially with his light frame. The return we are getting in attack is enormous so if it costs us a try or two I won't complain. It has been a while since we have had attack this dangerous on both the left and right side of the field.

That is the question. Take Crichton's try poor edge defence. That side of it needs to get tested with Staines

franklin2323

Immortal
My concern is mostly that he’ll be a liability come the finals if we need him. Even if we’d thrown someone else in for 20 mins to see how’d they’d handle it.

Now we’ve gone with Aekins though I’d prefer to rest Edwards for as long as possible. Hamstring injuries are a bitch.

Crichton played a bit of fill in. Staines too could play but those tactics of just cutting out Aekins and the centre seemed to do the trick. Actually got tries on the right side

The Realist

Juniors
Id have laurie over aekins any day.Yesterday before halftime sums aekins up naden took an intercept we had a 5 man overlap on the left he went himself and got tackled butchering a certain try.The guy had no vision what so ever.

I still can't believe we butchered that, and in failing - how Manly didn't cop a sin bin!

The Realist

Juniors
I haven't read through a majority of posts so I am not sure if anyone else has mentioned this - but Liam Martin has been an absolute weapon and is getting better as the season progresses. Criminally underrated, he is punching holes in the opposition line multiple times a game, gets good post contact metres and plenty of quick play the balls.

Everyone has been talking about how quiet Kikau has been - but the real reason is that we are simply not as reliant on him and his left side with Marto stepping up and Staines also a huge threat.

I honest don't even know what to do with Capewell when he comes back. We seriously do not need him whatsoever unless we get injuries.

The_Frog

First Grade
Id have laurie over aekins any day.Yesterday before halftime sums aekins up naden took an intercept we had a 5 man overlap on the left he went himself and got tackled butchering a certain try.The guy had no vision what so ever.
He would have needed to crab across field as his supports were still well back. The same might have happened, they might have been tackled by offside Manly players. He did well to get to dummy half but I'm sure Edwards would have supported Naden and scored.

Edit: Just checked this, if you freeze the video you'll see when Aekins gets the ball there are three Penrith players in shot, Luai, May and Cleary, and there are a few Manly players around. If it had gone out to Cleary and he went for the left corner and was tackled by an offside player, we might have got a penalty try, but there was an awful lot of work to be done.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I haven't read through a majority of posts so I am not sure if anyone else has mentioned this - but Liam Martin has been an absolute weapon and is getting better as the season progresses. Criminally underrated, he is punching holes in the opposition line multiple times a game, gets good post contact metres and plenty of quick play the balls.

Everyone has been talking about how quiet Kikau has been - but the real reason is that we are simply not as reliant on him and his left side with Marto stepping up and Staines also a huge threat.

I honest don't even know what to do with Capewell when he comes back. We seriously do not need him whatsoever unless we get injuries.

We can't carry 3 middles on the bench. So one will miss out for him

Jane Murray

Bench
I just watched the video. What a game?

Here's my thoughts:
Nathan Cleary, what a game? He outplayed Daly Cherry-Evans.
Spencer Leniu needs to be in the side, however, he will be the one who will make way for Kurt Capewell.
Jerome is the perfect partner for Nathan, however, Matt Burton will be retrained, and he will be in the side next year, providing he re-signs.
James Tamou, I hope he stays, however, if he leaves, we have adequate cover.
Once Charlie Staines has recovered, he needs to be in the side. The thought of him, on one side, and Brian To'o on the other, makes me smile.
Api suffers from small man's syndrome. I just loved it.
The Sea Eagles supporter base are pathetic.
Finally, it is great to defeat the eagles at anytime, especially at their home ground.

Last edited:

Hooked

Juniors
Anyone surprised DCE was able to ankle tap a runaway Naden late in the 1st half?
I thought Naden was home and hosed after his intercept.

Fangs

Coach
That is the question. Take Crichton's try poor edge defence. That side of it needs to get tested with Staines

It does but I'll wear the consequences.

I have no idea if To'o can fill left wing I guess he can? He is Mansour MK 2. He will finish better and should make hard yards out of our red zone.

Fangs

Coach
Serious question. Has anyone ever seen a better start to a career than Charlie Staines?

I can't think of anyone better.

betcats

Referee
Serious question. Has anyone ever seen a better start to a career than Charlie Staines?

I can't think of anyone better.

I hate to do it to the kid but the way he moves and his build reminds me of a skinny James Tedesco, he’s got the touch of class for sure.

The Realist

Juniors
Anyone surprised DCE was able to ankle tap a runaway Naden late in the 1st half?
I thought Naden was home and hosed after his intercept.

Naden isn't as quick as people on here seem to believe. He might be a little better than average for an outside back.

Whino

Bench
A bit more digging. Johnno Stuntz scored 4 tries on debut in 1908. He didn't play his 2nd game until round 6 the following year where he scored 2 tries.