What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

Gronk

Staff member
The no 6 has same experience as Dylan. Their hooker creates more but our fullback crates 10 x the amount of Edwards or Aitken.

I never rated Nathan that high but his form this year is unbelievable. Let's hope Dylan becomes as good or better.
I you rewind the tape, you’ll see that I was complimenting Penrith’s 6 and saying he is playing way better attacking footy than Dylan. Unsure why you think otherwise.

TheRam

Coach
I dislike Phil Gould as much as the other person. But every now and again he will say something that’s on the money. And when he mentioned our mental toughness a few weeks back. I thought what a knob. But after the last 4 weeks performances maybes he’s right.

I knew he was right back then. We still fade in games and nothing that I have seen so far this season has changed my mind.

Kornstar

Coach
Yep. We've been down on form for nearly a month and we've come out of it with three wins and a four point loss in Brookvale. If we were smashing teams with eight weeks left until the finals I'd be worried we'd peaked too soon.

If we're still attacking like this in round 20 I'll be concerned, but our defence is strong. We missed as many tackles as the Chooks this week.

Yeah but the Rooster won......oh wait......

Soto

Bench
I've also said this before. The times Rheed does run he kind of looks around for a better option and then just jogs to the line. He needs to just pin the ears back sometimes and pull the trigger. It may not be the best option all the time but atheist it takes away the predictable and puts defence into two minds.

I remember in juniors this kid was always darting out of dummy half. Strange how it has completely disappeared.
Absolutely correct abt juniors.
He used to race out if dummy half and make big metres. Needs to mix it up.
Still learning and most likely adhering to coach's game plan. Hopefully the coaching staff give him the encouragement and free reign to run when the option is there..u would hope the coaching staff have also identified the countless times where he could've and should've run
I've said this before and i will say it again. This yr will be the hardest yr due to no split rounds, byes, rep rounds and playing 18+ rounds uninterrupted since resumption. Physically and mentally draining particularly for the newer players to first grade and those with less than 50 first grade games. Usually the team that uses fewer players in the squad go on and win the comp. May buck the trend this year.
The backups this yr will play a bigger part than normal. We have good backups but i think we have our top 18 or 19 available then it will be bloody hard to go all the way

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just can’t say it was exciting mate, because that’s a paddlin.
*paladin

d70f083b8fb9da181a1b342c5e7bb961.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was almost penalised for a deliberate forward pass - you could hear the touch judge let the ref know that he thought it was forward, but the ref declined to action on it.
Even if it was forward it wasn't deliberate. Why would he deliberately pass it forward in that instance? On a side note it had some swing on it, and was one of the few cases where it legitimately floats forward despite being backwards out of the hand.

Incorrect

Coach
Even if it was forward it wasn't deliberate. Why would he deliberately pass it forward in that instance? On a side note it had some swing on it, and was one of the few cases where it legitimately floats forward despite being backwards out of the hand.
Definite swing, I noticed that too... Could be a bolter to share the new ball at the Gabba v India this summer...

IFR33K

Coach

Well if he had no target, and threw it forward, even marginally, then it was thrown deliberately forward.

I dont know...

I didn't think the ref would have the balls to make that call with seconds left, but his touchie almost made sure he did...
The shortest path to the sideline is a flat pass. There's no reason to throw it forward. And it's a penalty that never gets called anyway. This is just a commentator (and official?) grasping at straws or getting caught up in the moment.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I agree.

I'm just reporting on what I saw, and heard.