What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman is overrated.

Old Timer

Coach
We miss Widdop.
Funny Widdop was missing a half who could control a game and Hunt a 5/8 who actually does something and commits to the line but for the odd few games we had them together and both were fit they looked pretty good on occasions.

I said last year we would miss Widdop and got howled down by the “Widdop plays in a dinner suit” brigade lol.

Norman’s still in the iron lung.

Old Timer

Coach
Millward can sign players if no one elso wants them and if he pays way over the top.

Sack Mary
Sack Millward
In fairness to Millward you have to have someone in the roster and on the basis of who we have as coach and what we offer as a club he did well to get the roster filled.

Not many that are stupid enough to sell their souls to our beleaguered lot.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Seriously how much better would the Saints be if they had persisted with Mann at 5/8 and Hunt at half. Mann is killing it at the Knights. They would have saved a fair bit of dough as well seeing that are paying Norman 850k. Mann would have taken half that as long as he had a 1st grade spot which he should have. What a waste of money Norman has been. Tristian Sailor created a try for Saints and he was on the field for 13 minutes. Ok he threw the intercept but the kid at least looks like he cares and made up with it with a try assist minutes later. From memory Clune threw an intercept pass in his first game so you can't hang the kid Sailor for his error.

TruSaint

Referee
Funny Widdop was missing a half who could control a game and Hunt a 5/8 who actually does something and commits to the line but for the odd few games we had them together and both were fit they looked pretty good on occasions.

I said last year we would miss Widdop and got howled down by the “Widdop plays in a dinner suit” brigade lol.

Norman’s still in the iron lung.

Widdop copped a fair bagging here.
One thing about him, is he left it all out on the field. Both in attack and defence.
Busted himself in fact.
He was a good leader, solid player and could kick a goal.
Norman can have all the flair in the world, but he hasn't shown up for us.

SAP58

Juniors
Seriously how much better would the Saints be if they had persisted with Mann at 5/8 and Hunt at half. Mann is killing it at the Knights. They would have saved a fair bit of dough as well seeing that are paying Norman 850k. Mann would have taken half that as long as he had a 1st grade spot which he should have. What a waste of money Norman has been. Tristian Sailor created a try for Saints and he was on the field for 13 minutes. Ok he threw the intercept but the kid at least looks like he cares and made up with it with a try assist minutes later. From memory Clune threw an intercept pass in his first game so you can't hang the kid Sailor for his error.
Good post, we really need to bite the bullet & punt Norman he has not & will not perform to the appropriate level we require. Find someone who will take him & if we need to subsidise the transfer so be it, if no one will take him (which is likely) he sits on the sideline. As they finally did with Duff put Sailor in 5/8 for the rest of the year & see how he performs, he could not be any worse than Norman. However having said all that McCovid will not drop him, he must see something in him that NOBODY else sees as usual and if everyone calls for his sacking he will not do it because he is the super coach.

Old Timer

Coach
One thing about him, is he left it all out on the field. Both in attack and defence.
Busted himself in fact.
Would take him back in a heart beat.

Can’t begin to think how dark our days would have been without him.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Would take him back in a heart beat.

Can’t begin to think how dark our days would have been without him.

To be honest OT, we might have been better off if we never had him at all. If it wasn't for Gareth single-handedly winning us games, we might not have kept persevering with our impostor of a coach for as long as we have. I often thought that Gareth's efforts often masked over McGregors incompetence.

Dragon David

First Grade
Didn’t want the club to sign the bloke.

Offers very little.

All show and no go.

Kurt Mann was certainly no worse and cost about one third of the amount Norman is paid.

Time to start Sailor.

Before we let Sailor go we need to see if he is capable of playing first grade.

My gut feeling is that he could be a very good 6.
We definitely need to see Sailor as the starting 5/8th. He and Clune as our halves would kill it. Mark my word!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We definitely need to see Sailor as the starting 5/8th. He and Clune as our halves would kill it. Mark my word!
Yeah I don’t blame him at all for that pass, he quickly learned and kicked in behind for a try. Very hard to come on and make an impact in the halves in minutes. It’s too frantic, I would be happy to even see him on the bench again rather than out because any chance to push out Norman is one I welcome.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
As they finally did with Duff put Sailor in 5/8 for the rest of the year & see how he performs, he could not be any worse than Norman
So true. Sailor could not do any worse. Keep Dufty at fullback as he seems to be doing well there. Give the kid heaps of experience at fullback before moving him to 5/8. At least a full season. Plus at 5/8 everyone will be running at him in defence.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Busted himself in fact.
I don’t know why Widdop copped it, he was all class as far as I’m concerned. Always the sprinting back to mop up kicks and tackles. I think his shoulder got the better of him in the end but if anyone thinks he’s lazy then I must live in an alternate universe and watch a different game.