What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Is it not the same colour combo they have had since day one? Just with more light blue than dark (as it should be)

I've always defended "2 blues and gold" as a colour combo for the GC, it suits it

They have used a single solid shade of blue that is distinct from the 12 other clubs using blue (particularly, they have nailed the tropical ocean blue vibe)

Then they have gone heavier on the gold (which is their big distinguishing feature) and particularly they are using darker golds which contrast nicely with the light blue

EDIT: the issue that i see with “2 blue” or worse the gradient from light to dark is that they dont nail a single shade and make it an iconic “Titan Blue”. Instead, their jersey is every shade of blue and It could easily be a design for a dozen different clubs.

This isnt like Raiders in green or Storm in purple; they can use any of them, because they are still The only green/purple teams. The Titans need to would harder to carve out a unique brand As a “blue team”

Last edited:

gzerounian

Juniors
And another side this week is having a rare appearance in white shorts, this time Cronulla. Good to see as it makes them stand out against the Broncos a bit more
Would have been a good opportunity for them to wear sky blue shorts. I feel a few of the team colours were lost with white shorts this round.

Saint Doc

Coach
621-815.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
perfect, slight nudge to be a bit more unique and defined, but still true to the original colours
They were pretty close to the mark with their brighter blue in 2018. The weird design at the time, and lack of gold let their look down though.

yakstorm

First Grade
I feel like their 2014/15 kit was possibly closer to the proposed turquoise than 2018, all in all it is crazy how many variations of blue they have had over the years, even when you exclude the current jersey...

AllJerseys.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well all 16 clubs wore their Indigenous Jerseys this round, therefore showing that clubs care more about paying their respects to the Indigenous people than actually making it easier for the viewers to differentiate between the two teams playing.
Which jerseys clashed? Bear in mind shorts made it fairly easy to tell teams apart all weekend where both jerseys were similarly coloured

flippikat

Bench
I feel like their 2014/15 kit was possibly closer to the proposed turquoise than 2018, all in all it is crazy how many variations of blue they have had over the years, even when you exclude the current jersey...

View attachment 40493

Yeah, that montage shows how light blue & navy veers the Titans towards Sharks territory, but light blue (or turquoise) plus sandy yellow would be more distinctive.

Jackson Allison

Juniors
There are a variety of different jerseys without a dedicated round which haven't been worn yet. This is the full list of those jerseys and some information regarding when they will be worn.

Sharks Kokoda - Unknown
Cowboys ANZAC - Round 14 against the Rabbitohs
Roosters ANZAC - This round against the Dragons
Titans Heritage - Unknown
Sharks Heritage - Unknown
Eels Alternate - Unknown
Panthers Away - Unknown
Sea Eagles Members - One off home game later this year
Raiders Foundation - Was supposed to be worn against the Warriors in round 14 (before the draw was rescheduled), Could be worn in Round 19 against the Warriors
Warriors Away - Unknown

Last edited:

azza29

Juniors
I know it's an anzac jersey, so i dont want to make fun about it.... but the design is......MOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I can’t think of a single incidence of faux camo looking good on a jersey. How do clubs get the indigenous designs so right and the ANZAC designs so terribly wrong?

azza29

Juniors
Maybe they wanted to look like a cow
Perhaps the noble cow will provide some inspiration this weekend, we can only hope.

On an unrelated point, the Women in League jerseys are also reliably terrible. Add a cliched splash of pink and we’re done. I wonder if anyone has ever actually bought one of these...

axl rose

Bench
Perhaps the noble cow will provide some inspiration this weekend, we can only hope.

On an unrelated point, the Women in League jerseys are also reliably terrible. Add a cliched splash of pink and we’re done. I wonder if anyone has ever actually bought one of these...
Doesn't matter as long as they virtue signal as much as possible. Stay tuned for Covid -19 awareness round. Players and coaches can all wear face masks.

hrundi99

First Grade
Doesn't matter as long as they virtue signal as much as possible. Stay tuned for Covid -19 awareness round. Players and coaches can all wear face masks.

The opposite of virtue signalling seems to be being a narcissistic uncaring prick. That's what you're going with?