What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

I don't think there is, at least if there is it'd take some crazy as f**k results When you look at the draw, it's near impossible for 6 of the 7 teams below us to finish above us
Crazy as f**k is what I mean by mathematical chance. I don't think it's going to happen. I probably just jinxed us.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Crazy as f**k is what I mean by mathematical chance. I don't think it's going to happen. I probably just jinxed us.

yeah look, I know what you mean, and you're right, it's just the way the draw is it becomes infinitesimally unlikely for results to fall that way

Eelogical

Referee
I don't believe in jinxes. What I do believe in is hard work, skill, commitment and self/team belief. While there is an underlying mental issue at times with the Eels, it has nothing to do with jinxes.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Rheed is playing to instructions no doubt.
We have the players to do amazing things this year but sadly thoughts of a long awaited Premership look forlorn. Im sick to death of hearing each of our players stating "we stick to the game plan and come home over the top". Our tactics are obviously grind then hope the opposition tire. I think we have been worked out.
True our middle defence has improved but our edges are hit and miss.
I reckon our improved fitness is whats keeping us in matches. Some good things for sure but we seem to be going backwards. Apart from our fitness, it all looks too familiar.

strider

Post Whore
FMD the world has gone mad .... match review article of our game ... "Were the bulldogs robbed?"

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/go...ith-deliberate-sivo-pass-20200802-p55ht3.html

This is the photo of the supposed forward pass. Even if you want to be the biggest pedantic merkin on the planet, it looks barely forward to me. If this is an issue then every dummy half needs to be penalised out of the game.

f4d26decb2b4438f4838f1d5b9658922e6133b48

TheParraboy

Staff member
We have the players to do amazing things this year but sadly thoughts of a long awaited Premership look forlorn. Im sick to death of hearing each of our players stating "we stick to the game plan and come home over the top". Our tactics are obviously grind then hope the opposition tire. I think we have been worked out.
I reckon our improved fitness is whats keeping us in matches. Some good things for sure but we seem to be going backwards. Apart from our fitness, it all looks too familiar.

Doing enough to win is ok for now

Stupid unforced errors are our nemesis once again, stopped us from winning by a bigger margin.
18-0 up , complacency maybe set in? Needed to bury them at that point, not roll out the red carpet.

Ideally we need to be on fire last 4-5 games of the year. Doesn't matter how we get there as long as we dont fall off the cliff totally from now on

Bandwagon

Staff member

Except as of end of this round we still have conceded the least points in the comp

I agree on our fitness, but it's more than that alone.

crocodile

Bench
Doing enough to win is ok for now

Stupid unforced errors are our nemesis once again, stopped us from winning by a bigger margin.
18-0 up , complacency maybe set in? Needed to bury them at that point, not roll out the red carpet.

Ideally we need to be on fire last 4-5 games of the year. Doesn't matter how we get there as long as we dont fall off the cliff totally from now on
Our characteristic offloads are down on numbers too it seems.

84 Baby

Referee
FMD the world has gone mad .... match review article of our game ... "Were the bulldogs robbed?"

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/go...ith-deliberate-sivo-pass-20200802-p55ht3.html

This is the photo of the supposed forward pass. Even if you want to be the biggest pedantic merkin on the planet, it looks barely forward to me. If this is an issue then every dummy half needs to be penalised out of the game.

f4d26decb2b4438f4838f1d5b9658922e6133b48
I think it’s only fair the NRL give the Dogs 2 points as well

eel01s

Bench
Very weird second half. We looked like we could score a few times but nothing eventuated. I agree with previous posters on our reluctance to go right in attack. Maybe Moses is playing injured - if so he should be rested until 100%.

A win is a win, and maybe these past few games have been good experience for our younger players.

Latest posts