What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Warriors @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 12: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Leadership is what we are missing more than anything. Players like Yeo from Riff, Cordner,JWH and even Tamou. Every week they deliver and drag the rest of the team with them. We have nobody yet, who takes control when things are going pear shape. We seem to be a team of 17 all doing their own thing.
100% coach.

laugh at me but I’d go with Russell Packer as our captain

Ron's_Mate

Bench
*Adam Douhei: I never liked his signing and certainly don't think he is an NRL fullback now. When the Warriors expose him for the ocean tanker that he is, you know he isn't up to it. He may go okay at six and has played okay in the centres. But we we need to shop for a fullback in the offseason.
What never ceases to amaze me is that only a few years ago we had both Tedesco & Papenhuyzen on the books. I think Papanhuyzen left because he felt he was stuck behind Tedesco.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’ve seen Mbye yell at a team mate at the bulldogs ...He was fkn angry ..coz I think the half didn’t pass ..It didn’t drag on, but he is capable but he doesnt do it now,that I can tell
He probably thinks it’s above his pay grade.Poor bugger is only on 800k per season & how lucky r we that the inert non entity has 2 more yrs on the astonishing money he is on.IMO his contract is the most toxic of the huge no. of our squads diabolical contracts.

macnaz

Staff member
I don’t know how they do it but they are compliant somehow. Only those with a fondness for tin foil truly believe they are cheating and no one can expose them...or worse still they turn a blind eye. Give me a break. They attract talent because they win and provide a saloon ride to rep squads. They have connections to set you up. Success breeds success and if you were a young bloke looking for it, you would only play for one of the shit clubs to gain exposure ala Tedesco. He used us, then at the right moment hitched his wagon to a glamour club and it is paying dividends far exceeding his salary.
Mate tin foil ??? That's old school , ive upgraded to far superior aluminium foil and im very happy with its performance . Without doing all the thinking for you ill just give you a couple of hints ok.
ALL clubs caught for systemically breaching the salary cap were from INSIDERS leaking the information , BUT they were COMPLIANT until that point. Clubs allowed to retire players under dodgy circumstances , Clubs allowed to sign players under market value .. retired players playing again , refuse certain clubs to have a billionaire beneficiary for 3rd party deals , clubs getting fined for offering an above board after game job ( not even taken up mind you ) while there are literally dozens of them etc etc etc ... but live in your bubble and accept everything is real, honest and fair because a billion dollar business tells you it is.

WA Tiger

Bench
He probably thinks it’s above his pay grade.Poor bugger is only on 800k per season & how lucky r we that the inert non entity has 2 more yrs on the astonishing money he is on.IMO his contract is the most toxic of the huge no. of our squads diabolical contracts.
I think it’s maybe he doesn’t want to upset anyone...He’s Mr Nice guy unfortunately...It’s hard for him to be angry on just shy of $1 mil a year

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Mate tin foil ??? That's old school , ive upgraded to far superior aluminium foil and im very happy with its performance . Without doing all the thinking for you ill just give you a couple of hints ok.
ALL clubs caught for systemically breaching the salary cap were from INSIDERS leaking the information , BUT they were COMPLIANT until that point. Clubs allowed to retire players under dodgy circumstances , Clubs allowed to sign players under market value .. retired players playing again , refuse certain clubs to have a billionaire beneficiary for 3rd party deals , clubs getting fined for offering an above board after game job ( not even taken up mind you ) while there are literally dozens of them etc etc etc ... but live in your bubble and accept everything is real, honest and fair because a billion dollar business tells you it is.

Real honest and fair???
Fkn grow up LMAO this isn’t park footy down at your local. The victimhood mindset does my head in.
Whatever the top clubs are doing should be replicated, not bitched about.
Wests Tigers are of this same mindset of “woe is me” and that’s why they are a loser club. Everyone walks all over them. They don’t adapt, they don’t grow...they just sit around sulking like the majority of their supporters do. It’s fcken pathetic.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Real honest and fair???
Fkn grow up LMAO
You obviously love the victim mentality....
Funny you should speak about victim mentality , your reply typifies what victim mentality is actually about ! .... if you are to weak or unable to challenge an arguement..you just throw back an insult minus any facts or logical discussion just to appear as though you what you say is correct .

stryker

First Grade
Funny you should speak about victim mentality , your reply typifies what victim mentality is actually about ! .... if you are to weak or unable to challenge an arguement..you just throw back an insult minus any facts or logical discussion just to appear as though you what you say is correct .
No I demand the club to be better. You make excuses...we can’t compete with cheaters...lol whatever

Tigerm

First Grade
Real honest and fair???
Fkn grow up LMAO this isn’t park footy down at your local. The victimhood mindset does my head in.
Whatever the top clubs are doing should be replicated, not bitched about.
Wests Tigers are of this same mindset of “woe is me” and that’s why they are a loser club. Everyone walks all over them. They don’t adapt, they don’t grow...they just sit around sulking like the majority of their supporters do. It’s fcken pathetic.
So you are suggesting that because others are cheating, we should to? That's idiotic even coming from you.
It is worth remembering our Chair is head of a large legal firm, your suggestion would never happen.
I am f**ked if I know why you follow the club, you do nothing but trash it.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
So you are suggesting that because others are cheating, we should to? That's idiotic even coming from you.
It is worth remembering our Chair is head of a large legal firm, your suggestion would never happen.
I am f**ked if I know why you follow the club, you do nothing but trash it.
I thought More ...They are not and therefore we need to duplicate that, how I read it. I enjoyed it. That was a very good dual..both sides have merit...

magpie_man

Juniors
How do we compete against underhanded dollars when we cant even escape penalty for a simple non cap affective inhouse club offer to a life member ?

That's on our dopey club, not on the NRL; they probably accidentally faxed the Christmas Party invite list or the latest "attractive" demountable order to HQ instead of the actual contract.
Uncle Nick's golfing deficiencies are the worst kept secret in the game - even Payne Hass's mum would know about it - so why can't we fight fire-with-fire and come up with a similar loophole?
Instead, we're the "nice guys" of the NRL, teams are constantly coming and scraping the cream from the top whilst we go out and spend 10% of our cap on Moses freaking Mbye.

gordsy

Juniors
Yeah, well maybe. However, he has not missed a game since the restart has he?
BJ has just had an enforced break and comes straight back.
Grub has just had an enforced break and then was available but not used, guarantee he could play next week or whatever.

Brooks could be ‘rested’ from game day duties or at best be on extended bench and still be part of warmup but not be in the 17 allowing 4 forwards to be used on the bench.

You make a fair point.

Pezz70

Juniors
I don't get why putting Brooks on the bench is so bad. IMO we should not be paying overs for players. No. But there are too many teams in Sydney, the Sharks should be in the NSW Cup. The Warriors shouldn't be in the NRL either.
Brooks on the bench is stupid!! Especially when you had Twal who hadn’t played for
four or five weeks back in the side, he was never gonna be able to put together 80 quality minutes.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
For now I would be dropping Walters & Brooks and put Reynolds in the halves with Benji. Also get Packer back in the team.

Latest posts