What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

avocado

Juniors
Three Identical Strangers.

Wow.

Not a spoiler to mention it’s about 3 triplets separately adopted out who, by chance, meet each other later in life. But there’s so much more to it than just that.

Plenty more I’d discuss here (I have a genuine interest in adoption stories being in that category myself) but would definitely be a spoiler if I went into it more.

It’s not a touchy-feely or tear-jerker Oprah Winfrey style doco, so don’t be put off if that’s not your thing. If you like human interest stuff - this is mind blowing.
A tear jerker for me. Man that was so so sad.

A tear jerker for me. Man that was so so sad.

Yeah mate, it was sad. Actually rethinking my post after yours, indeed i can see it’d be a big tear jerker. I suppose I could have worded it better. More meant that it’s not a fluffy, soppy, happily ever after style thing you may see on Oprah etc.

simmo1

First Grade
I have watched the first couple of seasons of Fargo and it is fantastic. I didn't love the movie like a lot of people did, which always put me off getting into the show, but it is one of the most enjoyable shows I have watched in a long while.

Matua

Bench
I have watched the first couple of seasons of Fargo and it is fantastic. I didn't love the movie like a lot of people did, which always put me off getting into the show, but it is one of the most enjoyable shows I have watched in a long while.
I was the same but for some reason I took a chance on the first season when it first came out - weird to think it was roughly 6 years ago but there was much less TV to wade through then compared to now. It's a great show.

I’m hooked lately on “I am a Killer”.

Interviews with convicted murderers, primarily on death row, along with victims families, cops and legal sides at times.

Some killers I strangely can “warm to” while I can see the BS in others almost straight away.
Most are very engaging, some are remorseful, some completely honest what they did (none claim innocence), but on the whole they are all really sad stories.

One particular guy had a horrible childhood (which most do) and was basically institutionalised in his early teens, in prison for decades and has had next to no interaction with people the whole time.

Fascinating series.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Anelka: Misunderstood

It's a documentary on the career of Nicolas Anelka, and it's pretty interesting.

Nicolas Anelka was a French football (soccer) prodigy, who had a famously maligned career, and was at centre stage of the 2010 Fifa World Cup scandal involving the French squad.

I didn't realise just what he went through over his career.

axl rose

Bench
I’m hooked lately on “I am a Killer”.

Interviews with convicted murderers, primarily on death row, along with victims families, cops and legal sides at times.

Some killers I strangely can “warm to” while I can see the BS in others almost straight away.

Did you see that series on Ted Bundy. he looked like he wanted to rip the interviews throat out Patrick Swayze Road House style. Then the next minute almost charming.

Timbo

Staff member
Next Season of Dark out this week, I think it is the last season. Currently re watching the first 2 series.

Really hope they can pull off a satisfying conclusion as I have really enjoyed it so far.

I’ve only just gotten into this show recently and have smashed through to the final season.

I have never been so on the edge of my seat enthralled in a show whilst having utterly no f**king clue what is actually going on like this before. It’s fantastic.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I’ve only just gotten into this show recently and have smashed through to the final season.

I have never been so on the edge of my seat enthralled in a show whilst having utterly no f**king clue what is actually going on like this before. It’s fantastic.

Yeah I had to rewatch each season as a new one came out. If ever there is a show that benefits or gets even better on the second viewing it is this one

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seems Kingdom is finally getting the recognition it deserved when it came out a few years ago. Was on Fox but Netflix just picked it up