What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Bud is contracted top 30 next year already so I expect he will be upgraded.
I hope so, I'm all for going with what we have. Especially talents like him but we have to give them a red hot crack or they will just leave anyway. I would love to see Clune and Sailor play 6 and 7 this year to see which one will long term partner Bud in the halves.

qld redvee

Juniors
so we were very close to loaning sailor to the tigers .. A few weeks ago old supercoach was saying we were way down on troops - yet we are ready to offload a player . Obviously sailor has been stamped by mgregor - UNWANTED / hopeless wont make it - yet when given a chance does show a bit . This is where we desperately need a change of coach who can see the downside of norman vs upside of sailor
George and co any idea why sailor was on a loan list and is he on the scrapheap for 21 ?
thanks for any info

Gareth67

First Grade
so we were very close to loaning sailor to the tigers .. A few weeks ago old supercoach was saying we were way down on troops - yet we are ready to offload a player . Obviously sailor has been stamped by mgregor - UNWANTED / hopeless wont make it - yet when given a chance does show a bit . This is where we desperately need a change of coach who can see the downside of norman vs upside of sailor
George and co any idea why sailor was on a loan list and is he on the scrapheap for 21 ?
thanks for any info

There are times when I think that the entire J.V. hierarchy and of course knucklehead himself , use the one brain . They merely share it around when one is required to do whatever the hell they are supposed to be doing .

That would account for knuckleheads pathetic coaching ability - he gets to use the brain at the end of the week , after it has been completely worn out .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
thanks for any info
It could just be purely down actually respecting Sailor as a human being and allowing him to take an opportunity to try to get some game time so he can earn a contract either with us or elsewhere. He unlike Saab is off contract at the end of the year so its vital he gets a chance to show his stuff. Saab has a job next year so even if he wants to leave, his future is sorted at the very least so he won't be jobless but Sailor very well may be.
The fact he's stuck behind Norman does my head in as much as the next bloke but that's another topic for another thread but there is a very good chance this is all in good faith imo.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If they don't replace them, then Saints money saved not paying the salaries of Graham, Lafai and Issac Luke can go towards paying out Mary's last year so he is no longer at Saints after 9 or so more painful weeks.

Old Timer

Coach
Phil Rothfield reports in today's Tele unrest with players losing faith with McGregor. Hope it's true!!
Wow glad to see Buzz is right up to speed so insightful on his part.

Isn’t Flanno supposedly in charge with Career Coach just there in name only and supposedly just the face of coaching?

Red V for life

Juniors
Phil Rothfield reports in today's Tele unrest with players losing faith with McGregor. Hope it's true!!
Fingers crossed (although it is Buzz)!

I must admit I was bemused at the emotion Mary showed in the box on Thursday. I thought he couldn’t be surprised with what we were dishing up, we’d be doing it for years.

Maybe he knows the walls are closing in...finally!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Sailor still looks dimunitive. I believe that the Dragons should be rehearsing for next year as this year is a flop. I believe that Clune is a must being a perfect link who never gets overawed like Norman and Hunt. Clune, Dufty, Lomax and Ravalawa are our only try collectors so we most well piss the rest of the players off!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Wow glad to see Buzz is right up to speed so insightful on his part.

Isn’t Flanno supposedly in charge with Career Coach just there in name only and supposedly just the face of coaching?

Personally OT, I think Flanno is playing McGregor like a fine tuned violin. Wether McGregor is just the face or not, he's still regarded by 'many' outside the club as the head coach. Every loss or even poor performance is reflected back to 1 person only. Even this latest Rothfield piece reflects directly back to McGregor. Flanno not even mentioned.

In actual fact Flanno doesnt need to show all his cards right now, and why should he. If he is the annointed one he only has to take care of his responsibility and let McGregor implode all by himself. Every loss brings the end of McGregor closer, he knows this, and it's deja vu for our supercoach.

Is Flanno the right person to take the reigns? Who can really say but lets face it this :jack_o_lantern: would do a better job than the :potato: we have now.

I also think theres more behind this 'selection' committee than meets the eye.

Old Timer

Coach
We need a complete clean out of under performing coaches and players for the next journey!
The issue is that with some players we do know they are shit (evidenced by previous efforts at other clubs with different coaches) but others who have long lingered within our "pathways" systems we are still yet to see what they can do if well coached.

Old Timer

Coach
Personally OT, I think Flanno is playing McGregor like a fine tuned violin. Wether McGregor is just the face or not, he's still regarded by 'many' outside the club as the head coach. Every loss or even poor performance is reflected back to 1 person only. Even this latest Rothfield piece reflects directly back to McGregor. Flanno not even mentioned.

In actual fact Flanno doesnt need to show all his cards right now, and why should he. If he is the annointed one he only has to take care of his responsibility and let McGregor implode all by himself. Every loss brings the end of McGregor closer, he knows this, and it's deja vu for our supercoach.

Is Flanno the right person to take the reigns? Who can really say but lets face it this :jack_o_lantern: would do a better job than the :potato: we have now.

For me if Flanno is to take over and he knows it is just a waiting game then what the hell are we waiting for get on with the job and get the results now.

If he isn't yet anointed and there is still a chance Career Coach survives then clearly no one is in charge of anything.

The confusion as to what is happening in coaching is clearly evident on the field IMO.

Dragon David

First Grade
With a better coach than Mary, we possibly could make the final 8 next year. We should be trialling several of the other squad members during the remaining 8 games of the comp to see how they perform. The recruitment and retention of players for 2021 and onwards needs to be given serious hardline consideration - those to cull, those to retain and those to identify to recruit and actually sign.

Until we know who will be our next head coach, the existing players and any new ones approached are in limbo. If there is unrest with the current players about Mary, then definitely, the CEO needs to do something about the coach.

This is a never ending story.

Warabrook saint

Juniors

The way the bench was used last week shows baldy is still calling the shots

Latest posts