What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs The Green Machine

soc123_au

Staff member
Another big test this week. Hopefully the same side again this week except Staines obviously. MWZ will do an adequate job unless Ivan decides Naden to Wing & Burton is ready for a run in the Centres. Either way I'm happy enough.

I'm not sure if CNK is back, with a bit of luck they will have Rapana at the back again. Watching their game this week kind of gives you an appreciation of what Aekins brings to the table. Still, I'll be happy to see Edwards return from injury.

Should also be a good forward battle. CHN is a big pickup for them as is Bateman being back. I think we have them covered though. Martin has been fantastic the last few weeks & is really hitting his straps. I wanted him dropped after the first few rounds, but I'm glad Ivan persisted, I'm loving the venom in everything he does while still not making errors or giving away dumb penalties.

MugaB

Coach
Im afraid, this might be the one we lose, which might be in hindsight a good thing in the long run, as well not take any team lightly, but the raiders just have a fwd pack full of monsters, which we might match, but we're certainly underdogs for this game..... i hope im wrong, but this game and manly were the 2 games i was wary of for our blessed run to the finals

WestyLife

First Grade
Expecting a good game. Raiders should show up and they've got Bateman back and added CHN. Looking forward to it a lot.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Im afraid, this might be the one we lose, which might be in hindsight a good thing in the long run, as well not take any team lightly, but the raiders just have a fwd pack full of monsters, which we might match, but we're certainly underdogs for this game..... i hope im wrong, but this game and manly were the 2 games i was wary of for our blessed run to the finals

We are underdogs? We have a better forward pack, better halves, form player of the league, and are the form team and team leading the comp, and playing at home...

How do you think we are underdogs?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Raiders will have to play a lot better than they did if they want to get past us.

We're in brilliant form at the moment, so it's hard to see a loss here. My only concern is if the team feels that way. I want us to keep our foot on the gas and run riot with this current run we're on, not get complacent and take it easy.

WestyLife

First Grade
There's a lot of soft draw talk about us starting which is weird. We've beaten 2 out of the other 3 top 4 sides, we beat Sharks and Souths then a draw against the Knights without our halfback and fullback. Only team from the top 8 we've lost to is the Eels and only team we haven't played from the 8 is the Raiders which is this next game (I'm expecting them to really push us so should be a good game). We've earned the soft part of our draw in my opinion.

MugaB

Coach
There's a lot of soft draw talk about us starting which is weird. We've beaten 2 out of the other 3 top 4 sides, we beat Sharks and Souths then a draw against the Knights without our halfback and fullback. Only team from the top 8 we've lost to is the Eels and only team we haven't played from the 8 is the Raiders which is this next game (I'm expecting them to really push us so should be a good game). We've earned the soft part of our draw in my opinion.
Well i don't want to a sound defeatist, but I'll be happy if we lose against the raiders this week, but never lose another match from then on in, coz i would hate it worse if we end up losing to a team below the 8 from here on out, after beating nearly the rest of the top teams this season

WestyLife

First Grade
Well i don't want to a sound defeatist, but I'll be happy if we lose against the raiders this week, but never lose another match from then on in, coz i would hate it worse if we end up losing to a team below the 8 from here on out, after beating nearly the rest of the top teams this season

Have to lose eventually. A tough game against a good team is definitely my preference as well.

GongPanther

Referee
Like I've mentioned in the main game day thread, it's taken us 11 games to get out of 2nd gear. Us by 21-14...and I'll add, who knows another 30+ win to us is not off the table.

Where’s @Tommy Smith when you need him when it comes to “soft draw” discussion?!? :wink::wink:

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/penriths-draw-this-year.436020/

But seriously, the soft draw comments probably stem from the fact that we only play the Roosters and Storm once during the regular season.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
We are underdogs?
We were $1.52 last I looked. Raiders $2.45.
There's a lot of soft draw talk about us starting which is weird.
Raiders boss whinging that we've only had to leave Sydney once. I'm not sure if Don Furner understands how far it is by bus from one edge of Sydney to the other. As if Brookvale is walking distance. I didn't notice Panthers bosses whinging when the Raiders made the decider last year. This will be our 3rd game of the season at our home ground by the way.

Maybe someone should explain to Furner that due to the pandemic Canberra, like Penrith, was not used for NRL games until just a few weeks back.

You can tell its a big game when this sort of talk happens.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Where’s @Tommy Smith when you need him when it comes to “soft draw” discussion?!? :wink::wink:

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/penriths-draw-this-year.436020/

But seriously, the soft draw comments probably stem from the fact that we only play the Roosters and Storm once during the regular season.

One of my all time favourite threads. @Tommy Smith is da man & one of the reasons my Roosters hate has subsided. I enjoy the good natured banter with him & a few of the other Chooks supporters, most of them on here are good value.

mxlegend99

Referee
Please, pardon my ignorance, is this Tommy Smith a panther supporter?
No he's a Roosters fan. A bit of friendly trolling both ways between Panthers supporters and a few Roosters ones.

Going back to 2014 where Panthers finished top 4 without a big scalp in the regular season. Panthers kinda screwed the whole finals series in beating Roosters and putting all the injury depleted sides on one side of the finals draw while the heavyweights had to play each other to get into the grand final.

John Hamblin

Juniors

Penrith are currently 5 points ahead of the Roosters and Raiders. A loss on the weekend would put us only three points ahead of the Raiders and possibly Roosters. Top four is essential if you want to be a serious contender. If we are 7 points ahead of the Raiders with 7 rounds to go it would be VERY difficult for the Raiders to make the top 4. That's why we need to beat them.

Michael Matral

Juniors
I'm not sure about this whole soft draw thing, all games can be difficult if the opposition shows up. To be honest, if the Panthers played either Eels, Roosters or Storm on the form they showed over the weekend and the form we showed, I'd be pretty confident of the win. The Raiders will be another challenge for us to overcome, the mindset and attitude is bang on right now to acheive this.

Jane Murray

Bench
No he's a Roosters fan. A bit of friendly trolling both ways between Panthers supporters and a few Roosters ones.

Going back to 2014 where Panthers finished top 4 without a big scalp in the regular season. Panthers kinda screwed the whole finals series in beating Roosters and putting all the injury depleted sides on one side of the finals draw while the heavyweights had to play each other to get into the grand final.

Right got you now. Thanks.