What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

Meth

Staff member
We have a chance to skyrocket into 11th with a win here.

1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Herbert
3- Pompey
4- Hiku
5- Jennings
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Burr
9- Lawton
10- Hetherington
11- Katoa
12- Papali'i
13- Harris

Res- Taunoa-Brown, Blair, Egan, Murchie

Out- Tevaga, Alvaro
In- Papali'i, Murchie

Meth

Staff member
I thought Jazz actually went pretty good for a change. Why drop him now?

1- I want Tohu back playing in the middle. Especially against Manly, while we've got Fonua-Blake and Taupau rumbling up there.

2- I just don't like Tevaga's brand of football for long stints. If we're going to have him, play him off the bench at the back end of the first half and the front end of the second half. While his energy is admirable, his error rate and disciple is not.

waipiro

Juniors
1- I want Tohu back playing in the middle. Especially against Manly, while we've got Fonua-Blake and Taupau rumbling up there.

2- I just don't like Tevaga's brand of football for long stints. If we're going to have him, play him off the bench at the back end of the first half and the front end of the second half. While his energy is admirable, his error rate and disciple is not.

Better off dropping Blair for Tevaga i reckon......Jazz is who gets our 2nd phase going.....
Murchie seems to have really dropped down the pecking order so interesting what has happened there

Meth

Staff member
Better off dropping Blair for Tevaga i reckon......Jazz is who gets our 2nd phase going.....
Murchie seems to have really dropped down the pecking order so interesting what has happened there

Yeah, I still don't really rate Tevaga as a middle option.

Also re Murchie, I'm still searching for that second and third edge forward

Big Marn

Juniors
I wouldn't be dropping Alvaro unless he's been injured but don't remember that happening. He's only had 7mins of first grade this year so I'm expecting an upward tick in his performance.

Meth

Staff member
I wouldn't be dropping Alvaro unless he's been injured but don't remember that happening. He's only had 7mins of first grade this year so I'm expecting an upward tick in his performance.

Yeah, fair enough. Again, I think I went with Murchie to try to get an option on the edge, shifting Harris to the middle.

Meth

Staff member
Maybe JTB gets a week off. I think his first season of NRL might be catching up with him at a tough position on the field

Yep, he's dropped off a bit. Still, he still merits a place in the rotation IMO

Scott

Bench

Tohu did pay the game in the middle. Hetherington played 80 minutes on the right edge.

Meth

Staff member
Tohu did pay the game in the middle. Hetherington played 80 minutes on the right edge.

yeah, you’re right v the Tigers. I even contemplated putting Hetherington in the second row. But I want both of them in the middle v Manly. Not to state the obvious, but this game will be won and lost in the middle

Scott

Bench
yeah, you’re right v the Tigers. I even contemplated putting Hetherington in the second row. But I want both of them in the middle v Manly. Not to state the obvious, but this game will be won and lost in the middle

Fair call, imo Hetherington offers more on the edge than Murchie though.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I'd have the same team as last week, it did the job so reward that win.

Maybe look at Adam Blair having the week off, I thought he was really poor.

Re: Tevaga, I don't think it's a coincidence that the last few weeks we've started to look better is with him coming back into the team and playing bigger minutes.
Hes had 2 errors and 3 penalties in his 4 games this year, hardly numbers worth dropping him for. He's also had 12 offloads in the last 3 games.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sironen will be a big loss if he is out

Correct, sounded post match like he, Parker and Walker would all be no go for this week. Depth getting seriously tested for both sides

Update, expect Sironen to be named, he will be assessed throughout the week

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
I'd have the same team as last week, it did the job so reward that win.

Maybe look at Adam Blair having the week off, I thought he was really poor.

Re: Tevaga, I don't think it's a coincidence that the last few weeks we've started to look better is with him coming back into the team and playing bigger minutes.
Hes had 2 errors and 3 penalties in his 4 games this year, hardly numbers worth dropping him for. He's also had 12 offloads in the last 3 games.
Blair's been poor for the most part since he left Melbourne

I don't know what to make of Tevaga , tbh, agree with Meth, but the little bugger tries - if he was bigger, like Hetherington we'd be more forgiving to the brain farts...

He should play, where I dunno

Rich102

Staff member
Admire his energy; but that is all.
Too prone to stupid mistakes and misdirected aggression.
If we had depth then is inclusion would weaken the team.
At best he should be a bench player.

Latest posts