What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

84 Baby

Referee
I wonder if Sivo was aware that the catcher was in front of him.
Well it doesn’t specify who the catcher has to be, and he may have been likely to be aware that the person in row c was in front of him, if they were in fact in front of him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sugarcoat it all you like, but we are no comparison to the roosters. Why do fans get cut when someone says the truth. Just like gus, he’s 100% spot on.
We are definitely comparable to the Roosters. We play in the same competition as them. If something applies to us why doesn't it also apply to them?

emjaycee

Coach
Sugarcoat it all you like, but we are no comparison to the roosters. Why do fans get cut when someone says the truth. Just like gus, he’s 100% spot on.
For me at least, it is not a matter of "getting cut". No one on here has said that we are mental giants, or premiership favourites. But a few on here, you included, seem hell bent on bringing down our team at every opportunity and comparing us to teams like the Roosters and Storm at every opportunity, as long as you can be seen to be sledging us and I for one am a little bit sick of it.

Were the Roosters mentally soft in 2016 when they had an 6-18 win/loss record?
Or 2017 when they finished second but lost 7 games in the process?
Or 2018 and 2019 when despite winning the comp, they lost 8 and 7 games on the way there?

We have lost 2 games from 12 so far this year (a better % ratio then the Roosters have had in any season of the last 10 or more) and sure, some of our wins haven't been pretty but they are still wins and we are still tracking for a top 4 finish.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon we are going ok, yes we haven’t been playing great but we are getting those “wins” which put us in with a chance to get a top 4 finish, previous years we lose those games. That’s difference being a top 4 side and top 8 side.

Look at other top 4 contenders form like the roosters (close wins titans / warriors), raiders (close wins cowboys / Souths), knights (loss dogs) over the last 2 weeks against lower sides. Neither have been in great form.

On the winning the comp, it was always a long shot to win it this year, yes we are a chance but generally sides that win the comp have 2-3 years around the top 6 or 4 before winning (sharks, cowboys, Souths, roosters all have won comps recently after being on the fringe for a few years ). It’s why most experts rate roosters / Storm as the most likely, they have the experience.

I reckon next year is probably our best chance of winning it (using this year as experience). We wouId been around the top 4 for 2-3 years and a lot more finals experience in the side.

On BA he is doing a great job! Looks like he will have the side around the top 4 for the 3rd year from 4 years. Just needs some luck now (generally what wins comps) and he could break the duck.

Depends on other side also. I reckon Knights and Panthers will be better teams next year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wait ...

main-qimg-cee30b81333a1f4a84d28ae4fa3821f7

Yes I agree.

You stole my power ranking code.

Motherf**ker

84 Baby

Referee
For me at least, it is not a matter of "getting cut". No one on here has said that we are mental giants, or premiership favourites. But a few on here, you included, seem hell bent on bringing down our team at every opportunity and comparing us to teams like the Roosters and Storm at every opportunity, as long as you can be seen to be sledging us and I for one am a little bit sick of it.

Or 2018 and 2019 when despite winning the comp, they lost 8 and 7 games on the way there?

We have lost 2 games from 12 so far this year (a better % ratio then the Roosters have had in any season of the last 10 or more) and sure, some of our wins haven't been pretty but they are still wins and we are still tracking for a top 4 finish.
Why don’t you and the Eels just get a room?

And then let me know the room number

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't care about a few bad games. It is about improving. I don't think we are at this point. But I still think our game if we put in 100% intensity which you can not do for 20 rnds of footy during finals then we are good enough to beat anyone.
It would be worse to play well and put 100% energy in like the dogs did and still not win.

If we improved as a side though we could go into the finals where I would be surprised if we lost the game. Currently there are 3 sides better then us and if it was finals they would be favourites. But it wouldn't be a blow out. My guess is $2.50 Bar Roosters,Penrith and the Storm I would have us at $1.50.

A long way to go in this season. 3 or 4 good games and we most likely go into those games at a $1.85 split. If we can improve we may be the $1.50 favourites.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Annesley has thrown ref under bus again for the Montoya no try. Am I the only one who sees Meaney(?) catch it on the inside of RFM? Which means regardless of Moses decision, it’s a penalty?

Yeah I thought RFM hit Moses' outside shoulder and the ball was caught behind the lead runner. But Fox, especially Ennis, have to have controversy in every single game

Delboy

First Grade
Annesley seems to waver in the wind on these issues,when it occurred it looked a perfect interference run into the defensive line, one which is penalised every time.

perhaps not a pc reply, but he wimps out at times over some controversial decisions and is happy to throw refs under the bus when they make what seems a good decision on the fly. Strange times.

IFR33K

Coach

Sledging? Merely pointing out we still have a soft underbelly, and the issue hasn’t been addressed in years. Yes the team is going good to date, but there’s always room for improvement. If you’re sick of seeing these posts, you have the ignore feature just like everyone else.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe a little complacency set in.

I mean, I don't mean any disrespect to the Dogs, but given their ladder position, and ours, maybe the team thought that they would run away with it easily.

And after 40 minutes, they were right.

What was pleasing was that - despite the lack of ball we had in the second half - we held them out defending a 2-point lead.

Eels teams of years past would have surrendered, and found a way to lose that game.

IFR33K

Coach
Maybe a little complacency set in.

I mean, I don't mean any disrespect to the Dogs, but given their ladder position, and ours, maybe the team thought that they would run away with it easily.

And after 40 minutes, they were right.

What was pleasing was that - despite the lack of ball we had in the second half - we held them out defending a 2-point lead.

Eels teams of years past would have surrendered, and found a way to lose that game.

BA said it himself the dressing shed was like a morgue. What’s the issue if fans repeat that. The talent is there, most players have played finals footy, so experience shouldn’t be an issue. Up to BA to extract the best out of the players over the coming weeks and get the team firing for the finals

Eelementary

Post Whore
BA said it himself the dressing shed was like a morgue. What’s the issue if fans repeat that. The talent is there, most players have played finals footy, so experience shouldn’t be an issue. Up to BA to extract the best out of the players over the coming weeks and get the team firing for the finals

Well, I mean, we do have quite a few players in key positions (hooker, edge forward, 5/8, wing) who haven't played more than 100 games each...but I do see what you're saying.