What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad News - Old Shark Kevin Hogan has passed away

Quigs

Immortal
Just read on another site the sad news with the passing of Kevin Hogan. Kevin played alongside Tommy Bishop and actually took over running the Sharks as Capt/Coach when Tommy was sidelined for a lengthy period with Achilles tendon damage.

Kevin played with the Sharks from 69 to 73 in 45 games. He was a class player.

R.I.P Kevin Hogan - thanks for the memories

Ryl3mhk-5b0_q3STmnFaKEM-FPt4i1gyYHtkpYdZbipHmERp8tRe5MFUibrKWWqmlzbr_T0EPTV_xyoWyx9DB2QEHnSXID0m5K8

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oh wow!

Kevvie was a big fave of mine back in the day. Often wondered if M Speechley watched Kev cause he was mowing down blokes in the same style long before Speech came along

Quigs

Immortal
I remember a lot of people always saying he was our version of Popper Clay.

Bald, 5/8 and loved to tackle.

taipan

Referee
Geez that's sad, watched him play for a short period.A good link man, solid ,reliable ,the type of player any first grade squad would want in their team.Can't remember him playing an ordinary game.
Quigs is right, he was a class player.
RIP.

Big Bloke

Juniors
Sad news. Different reasons for me as I never saw him play. But I coached his son Glen at soccer in the Under 11s and I would see Kevin at games but I had no idea who he was. This was back in 1984 so he would have been retired, this is why I didn’t realise he played footy for the Sharks. He was pretty unassuming and even though I was a young coach at 20 years old, he never once stepped in to interfere.

Top fellow!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sad news. Different reasons for me as I never saw him play. But I coached his son Glen at soccer in the Under 11s and I would see Kevin at games but I had no idea who he was. This was back in 1984 so he would have been retired, this is why I didn’t realise he played footy for the Sharks. He was pretty unassuming and even though I was a young coach at 20 years old, he never once stepped in to interfere.

Top fellow!

Was that for Nth Caringbah by any chance?

I also remember Kevin as a player in the 70s, he got pushed back to reserves by Chris "Critter" Wellman moving to 5/8 in 1973 and played a year at Parramatta in 1974. He also coached some lower grade Sharks sides in the 80s,

Frenzy.

Immortal
I also remember Kevin as a player in the 70s, he got pushed back to reserves by Chris "Critter" Wellman moving to 5/8 in 1973 and played a year at Parramatta in 1974. He also coached some lower grade Sharks sides in the 80s,

We're gonna need a dead Hard 5/8s thread.

Critter, that was one hard fruit loop

Good poker player

Latest posts